1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
300 g mushrooms, chopped
4 teaspoons white wine or water
1 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
2 teaspoons thyme
2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 large flour tortillas, cut into 8 wedges each
1. in a large, deep fry pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes - without browning.
2. Add mushrooms and wine (or water). Cook for 1 minute then cover and simmer for 5 minutes stirring once or twice. Remove the lid and increase the heat to evaporate liquid.
3. Place the mushroom mix, breadcrumbs, hers and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until smooth and season well with salt and black pepper.
4. Spoon into serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavours to develop (great if left over night).
5. Preheat oven to 180c (350f). Place tortilla wedges on a large baking tray and lightly pray with oil. Lightly spinkle with salt and lemon pepper.
6. Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
7. Serve with the pate.
8. Notes: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, crusts removed, will yeild about 1 cup of crumbs. Left over chips can be frozen, just recrisp them in a preheated oven at 170c (325f) for 5 minutes. DO NOT OVER USE SALT. Use as sparingly as possible.