I honestly do not remember where I gleaned this marinade for roasts of meat such as pork or beef.

This marinade can be tweaked, of course, to your own liking.

The basics are:

• 1 cup of good olive oil (no skimping or shilly-shallying around with this)
  • 1/8 cup of balsamic, apple cider, or vinegar of your choice
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
  • 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
  • options **
Combine all ingredients. Pour over uncooked roast. Smell will unclog common cold and tree allergies. Ignore.

Place the roast in your fridge on a shelf. If you can, try to remember to turn this roast as often as you can and coat with the marinade. I'd advise every half hour, but I prepare this when I'm drinkin;, so there goes that, eh? When you remember.

Due to the temperature of the fridge, the marinade will take on a gooey pale texture, like a jar of honey that's been long neglected in your cupboard for far too long. The honey gels and hardens. So does this marinade, but it's normal.

At this point, you have to take a large spoon and smear the marinade on the roast, the marinade has the texture of Quebec street slush. Turn and slush, slush and turn!

When you are ready to cook your roast, it has to be seared at a high temperature in the fattiest fat that you have on hand like second-hand used up ol' bacon grease or lard.

Do not pierce the meat.

Put the roast in with the marinade and second-hand fat, adding a little water, about a quarter of a inch, at 350 F. An hour later, add some cut up root vegetables such as potatoes and carrots, and at the very end of the cooking process, throw in a few whole mushrooms, celery, whatever you want to add except beets.

To thicken: Add a few granules of beef bouillon and cornstarch, water to the frey until you get the desired consistency of gravy that you like.

And enjoy!