2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 teaspoons of light soysauce
2 teaspoons of mirin (rice wine)
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons of ginger, chopped
300g firm tofu cut into 3cm squares (or strips)
280g of soba noodles (buckwheat noodles)
115g baby corn
1 teaspoon of canola oil
4 asian shallots, chopped
150g field mushrooms, sliced
300g of gai larin (chinese brocolli) or 100g each of chinese brocooli, bokcoy and choy sum
2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, lightly toasted.
1. combine sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, garlic and ginger in a bowl whisking lightly. Add tofu and cover, marinade for 15 minutes in fridge.
2. put the noodles in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Add 250ml (1 cup) of cold water and bring to the boil again. Cook for 5 minutes, Drain and rub off excess starch.
3. Blanch corn for 2 minutes.
4. Heat canola oil in wok, add the asian shallots and mushrooms and stirfry, as the asian greens and corn with 4 tablespoons of water. Stirfy for a further 2 minutes, or untill greens are just wilted. Add the tofu and hald marinade. Gently stirfy untill all ingredients are combined and heated through.
5. serve on noodles and top with sesame seeds.
Note: use a dry sherry if you cant find the rice wine
for thoes counting calories there are about 429cals per serve.