1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
firm tofu, sliced into stripes
2 slices wholemeal bread or wholemeal english muffins
1. Cut two slabs of tofu on the short side and then cut into strips. Wrap in paper towel and put a pan ontop to press out excess moisture.
2. Combine orange juice, cinnamon and brown sugar, cook untill bubbly.
3. Add tofu to mix and cook for another 3 minutes, in the meantime toast bread
4. Add slices of tofu to bread and drizzle with a bit of the mixture.
I squeeze my own orange juice so it isnt pre sweetened and use a little of the zest. You could probably use other juices as well.
For Dinner or Lunch:
Same amount of tofu but cut into triangles
1 cup fresh OJ
Soy Sauce to Taste (I use the light soy with the reduced salt)
Teaspoon Fresh grated Ginger to Taste (or the ground stuff you get in a jar)
Red Chilli paste/Fresh Red Chilli to taste.
4 teaspoons of Sesame Oil
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves
1. Cut two slices of tofu into triangles. place between sheets of paper towel and set a fly pant ontop ot squeeze out liquid.
2. In a bowl whisk together OJ, Ginger, Soy Sauce, Oil, Vinegar and Garlic and chilli(if using paste)
3. get tofu and place in a baking dish, sprinkle with the chilli(if fresh) and pour marinate over the top
4. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes, however I prepare this the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 180c or 350f. Pour off some of the marinate untill there is just enough in the tray. Bake tofu untill its golden without turning and it has absorbed most of the liquid. You may have to baste it once or twice during the process.
6. Make up a nice light salad and enjoy!