Thread: Oysters Remy

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar
    Now with ADD added goodness!

Default Oysters Remy

I love oysters, raw, cooked, fried, it's all good. But this is my favorite to make when we're having a party or holiday.

2 large Artichokes, steamed
    3 cups raw Oysters
    1/2 cup Butter
    3 tablespoons All purpose Flour
    1 1/2 cups chopped Green Onions
    3 tablespoons minced fresh Garlic
    1 cup Oyster liquid
    1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
    1/2 teaspoon ground Thyme
    1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
    6 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
    1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved into 1 tablespoon of water if needed to thicken mixture.
    1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup Lemon juice

After artichokes have cooked, remove about 10 to 13 select leaves from each artichoke. When selecting leaves, make sure they are whole and firm. Keep these leaves separate. Remove all other leaves down to the heart. Clean heart, removing the layer of the hairy fibers by sliding a spoon between the heart and the top. Throw away the hairy layer. Mash cleaned hearts with a fork. Scrape pulp from remaining leaves, then mash with fork and save.

Clean oysters and put into blender. Strain oyster liquid and add to blender. Blend on high until oysters liquefy. In a saucepan, boil oyster mixture until pieces separate, about 10 minutes actual boiling time. Separate oysters and liquid, and reserve.

Next, in a skillet, melt butter and add flour. Simmer until flour turns a medium golden brown. Add onions and garlic, and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and lemon. Simmer for 1 minute, then add oysters and artichoke pulp and mix well. Simmer 10 more minutes on medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool.

Note: If mixture is too thick, add some oyster juice. If mixture if runny use the cornstarch.

On the reserved artichoke leaves, place a spoonful of mixture. Top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, squeeze lemon juice over top and place on baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 50 minutes or until top is browned. Serve.

Mixture can also be served as a dip or stuffed into pastry shells.

in the wild blue yonder

Default Re: Oysters Remy

God, this sounds good, Gator. I love Oysters Rockefeller, but this could be a close second. Can I come over to your house the next time you make this?

Thread Information