* 4 x slices olive bread or 4 slices country bread with 10 pitted and sliced kalamata olives (or wholewheat bread)
* 1 1/2 tbsp of store bought pesto
* 4 to 5 tablespoons of creamy chevre (goat cheese)
* 1 or 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced thickly
* freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Spread two pieces of the bread with the pesto. Next spread a generous amount of the chevre over the dip. If using country bread sprinkle on the olives. Layer on the tomatoes and some black pepper. Top with the other two slices of bread. Brush with olive oil and grill in a grill pan or fry in a cast iron skillet or sauté pan. For best results set the heat of the pan to medium.
2. Cut in half and serve with a flourish!