This sounds yummy.
Banana French Toastwich
* 4 x egg
* 1/3 cup milk (any kind will do)
* 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (no sugar) or nutmeg (but not both), divided
* 4 slices of whole wheat bread, multi-grain bread, or nut bread, sliced to the same thickness as conventional white bread
* 2 x bananas, 1 peeled and sliced into 1/4" slices, the second, skin on for use as a garnish
* 2 tbsp butter
* 1/2 cup real maple syrup
1. Beat eggs, milk, and half of the cinnamon or nutmeg in a shallow bowl.
2. Soak bread slices in egg mixture until completely soggy.
3. Take one slice of bread, cover with banana slices, and then cover with a second slice of bread (like a dripping banana sandwich). Repeat.
4. In a sauté pan, over med-high heat, melt butter. Add toastwich. Cover pan with lid. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked throughout (approximately 4 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side).
5. Remove toastwich from pan and place on warmed serving plates. Remove pan from burner and immediately pour maple syrup into hot pan for 15 seconds. Pour syrup over toastwich.