Thread: Ina Garten - The Barefoot Contessa - Pot Roast - double wow

Default Ina Garten - The Barefoot Contessa - Pot Roast - double wow

I'm going to make this again when the weather is cold. This is probably the best thing I've ever tasted.

Always better the next day of course....it is guaranteed to please those who love old fashioned pot roast. The red wine/cognac gravy will make you cry.

I went all the way and served baked potatoes with sour cream. I also had fresh chives - finely chopped - and added them to the sour cream and let it chill to incorporate before serving. I also served green beans and french bread.

It's serious work but worth the time. If you want to impress the new in-laws, this will do it. Oh hell, I'll say it - though against my entire belief system....if the way to a man's heart is through his stomach....they should call this Proposal Pot Roast.

Company Pot Roast Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

I love her food. When I was growing up my mom had a house in Quogue and she always drove over to shop at her store when we were out there.

I'm going to try this. I've been making Jacques Pepin's recipe for pot roast for a few years, but this sounds great.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Warning: use kosher salt-table salt will make it too salty. Ina uses kosher salt. Just a hint-I love her,her husband and all of her friends! I have learned so much watching her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I remember The BC shop too. It was always so crowded.

You mean you cook MY Jacques pot roast? He's mine, all mine! I seriously love him. Food behaves in his hands. I'm going to take a look at his recipe. Thanks!

^ when I was very young it was in Westhampton, it wasn't as bad then. when she moved it got much worse, but she had a few things my mom loved, lobster salad, something with shrimp.....she would go brave the crowds.

The pot roast recipe is in the Julia & Jacques Cooking at Home book. Also, so is the best steak au poivre recipe ever.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I made this the other night... Not as good as I expected, I guess cause I was expecting gravy. It was more like a tomato-y taste instead. It was still yummy, just not as bomb as it sounds. I would make this again though.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

Thread Information