Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

No Foolin' 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Last night I dreamed that I was back living in Paris. I stopped to buy a ticket for the metro and then joined the rushing masses of commuters and made my way onto the train. Just as I was trying to figure out which exit I needed to take to exit onto the correct side of the Champs-Elysees, I woke up. The French chatter in my mind ceased and my morning started en anglais. Aaaargh! What a cruel April Fool's trick for my slumbering mind to play on me! Harumph. I grumpily got showered and dressed and made my way downstairs to make Squirrel's oatmeal. As I was waited for the oatmeal to cook I turned on my laptop and started going through some emails.
    Thus was my state of mind when I stumbled across an email that my mom had sent me a couple of months ago that started with the following line: "Extremely dangerous knowledge, dispense on a need to know basis only." Uh oh. What followed was a recipe for a single-serving 5-minute chocolate mug cake. B-A-D news.
    Yes, I made it. In my defense I waited until a bit later in the morning and had Squirrel help me mix up some of the ingredients and then we watched it cook in the microwave together. I even let her help me eat it. But I also must confess that it was my lunch, and no, I'm not feeling particularly repentant about it.
    Although it wasn't Paris, it was chocolate, and that helped put a bit of a smile back on my grouchy face. This is not the best chocolate cake I've ever had, but for 5 minutes of my time it was delicious and well worth the calories. Seriously, 5 minutes! A couple of minutes to mix up the ingredients,
    and then three minutes in the microwave.
    When those three minutes are up, you have a mug filled with hot moist chocolate cake. Oh darn.

No Foolin' 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
    Adapted from an email recipe
    1 serving

1 large mug
    4 Tbsp. flour
    4 Tbsp. sugar
    2 Tbsp. cocoa
    1 large egg
    3 Tbsp. milk
    3 Tbsp. oil
    1/4 cup chocolate chips (plus some extra for sprinkling on top when it comes out of the microwave)
    a small splash of vanilla extract

1. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.

2. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

3. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

4. Add the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla extract, and mix again.

5. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Remove from microwave and sprinkle top of cake with chocolate chips.

6. Allow to cool a little, and then dig in!

La Fuji Mama: No Foolin' 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

I've been making this since I first found out about it a month or so ago. It really is a very dangerous thing. But it's SO GOOD! Reeeeallly moist, especially when you use chopped baking chocolate instead of the chocolate chips (it gets all melty...).
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Silver Member

this came in an email about a month ago also. i haven't tried it but it sounds and looks interesting. now that Mr. Zig and i are at home alone, it sounds like the perfect portion.

Me and my hubby tried one of these about two months ago when it was emailed to us from my chocoholic mother, and it delivered on the chocolaty promises!! Mmmmm!!!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Mmmmmm this looks so good!!!
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

i got all excited, i thought Suzan was back
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yummy. We shouldn't have banned her.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I can't wait to try this. At least Suzan's legacy lives on in chocolate cake form...

I just made this for the first time a few minutes ago. It was really good but it seemed kind of "spongy" to me. It was so easy and quick--I will def. make it again soon!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Looks yummy!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    I just made this for the first time a few minutes ago. It was really good but it seemed kind of "spongy" to me. It was so easy and quick--I will def. make it again soon!
    yeah, i thought the texture might be weird so didn't even try it. made chocolate lava cakes the other night. they are quick and good!

I read this has 1,055 calories. Keep it away from me.

5 minute chocolate mug cake Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    yeah, i thought the texture might be weird so didn't even try it. made chocolate lava cakes the other night. they are quick and good!
    I love lava cake! Is your recipe for the microwave?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    I love lava cake! Is your recipe for the microwave?
    no, it's for the oven. but you can make the batter ahead of time and leave it in the refrigerator, then just take it out and let it sit before you are ready to bake it. only take 15 minutes (or less) in the oven. can post it if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    no, it's for the oven. but you can make the batter ahead of time and leave it in the refrigerator, then just take it out and let it sit before you are ready to bake it. only take 15 minutes (or less) in the oven. can post it if you like.
    Like,please.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information