Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Your favourite shampoo and conditioner

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm still using Rusk Brilliance shampoo (sometimes it kind of smells like CILANTRO) and Calm conditioner... I'm almost out.

Wow, one thing I found out about this stuff, I can't just sit and let my hair dry naturally. I thought my old product was good about not weighing down my hair too much, but I could let my hair airdry and it would be a little flat, but not horrible. I sat down at the computer for a little longer than intended with my hair wet, and wow...volume is not longer a problem. Looks like i need to style my hair right away. It's so soft though and lays so pretty once I got the wildness under control.

Quote Originally Posted by litupgirl View Post
    Ok, I'm a beauty products snob but my friend told me to try Dove shampoo and condition for 5 days to see what I thought. Wow, what a difference! I've been using Dove for 4 months now and it's wonderful. I don't even remember what I used before but I remember paying $18 a bottle for it. It didn't even work. My hair was dry and brittle. I couldn't get my hair colored in a salon b/c they were afraid it would fall out. Now I pay $4 a bottle and my hair is so smooth, soft and even thicker. I love it!
    Funny, a friend also recommended Dove to me, but I didn't believe her. Maybe I will try it now. She recommended the antifrizz serum to me too since I complain about that a lot.

Tati, I know what you mean about too clean or greasy at the roots. I have the extremes too.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Suave has a version of Biolage? All the Suave bottles look the same to me. Does it have a certain name for the Biolage version?
    Suave Professionals is what it says--
    BioBasics Conditioner "nourishes as well as Biolage". I really like it.

They also have their own versions of Nexxus, Redken, Matrix and John Frieda products.

The shampoos and conditioners (14.5 oz.) each cost the same price as the regular Suave.
    At Kroger they'll run specials for 2/$3 which is when I stock up.

^Sweetness, thanks for the visual and the info.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    Funny, a friend also recommended Dove to me, but I didn't believe her. Maybe I will try it now. She recommended the antifrizz serum to me too since I complain about that a lot.

Tati, I know what you mean about too clean or greasy at the roots. I have the extremes too.

The sheer moisture conditioner is where it's at. I think that's what makes the difference. It's so lightweight yet adds much needed moisture to my dyed hair.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Necroing this thread to say how much I love this cheapy goodness:

Suave Almond and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner that's supposed to be comparable to Aveda Dry Remedy. Stuff is awesome! My hair is fine and dry and this stuff is thick enough to moisturize without weighing it down. Got both for less than $7, I think.

^ That's funny timing, I was just reading really good reviews of that on Makeup Alley. Everyone who has tried it is raving. I have to get some.

Right now I'm using Terax Crema for conditioner. I go back to it often.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; June 29th, 2010 at 09:02 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information