Login to remove the ads!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite shampoo and conditioner

Aussie at the moment but I like to change about every now and then to Umberto Gianni or John Frieda Blonde Shampoo.

I also want to try Frederic Fekkai, it looks really luxurious

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I tried the Feria conditioner and it is amazing as y'all said!!!! Thanks!

Gold Member

I'm cheap so I use Herbal Essences: Body Envy shampoo and conditioner. Love the smell of it.

I switched a couple of years ago to the Aubrey Organics line. My hair has never been better. Their conditioners are very moisturizing. I can only use it on the ends of my hair, never near the roots, because it gets my hair to hold in so much moisture.

I need new ones but I always seem to go back to Finesse.

I mostly just use the cheap ones like Suave and V05. My hair seems to love them.

^^I love V05, but Suave smells weird to me...can't get over it.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

^^ I didn't like Suave as much until I tried their version of Biolage. It seems to work better than Biolage!

The great thing about cheapies is that if you hate them it's no big loss to toss 'em.... or use them on the dog.

I'm going to be giving the idea of cleansing conditioners a try. I got some of the Wen line from a friend (they didn't like the scent, but loved the product), and want to try it out. If it'll keep my hair looking good and won't strip the color from it (they claim cleansing conditioner is less stripping b/c it doesn't have the chemical stuff that lathers up and can strip color), I'll be all over this stuff. A couple of my stylist friends have been swearing by no-shampoo systems for years now, so I'd like to try it.

^^ Yes! I do this too sometimes-- if you leave the conditioner on long enough it will cleanse the hair quite well, without stripping out all of your natural oils. You just have to be sure to rinse, rinse, rinse. The cheaper conditioners work nicely for this since they are so lightweight.

If you feel that your scalp's still not getting clean enough, try coating just the length with conditioner, and use shampoo on the roots only. When I use shampoo I always heavily dilute it with water to make it less harsh.

(....because I am a freak when it comes to my hair. )

Pureology even though I don't color my hair. Makes my fine hair shiny and bouncy. It doesn't contain SDS so it is very gentle. Plus it is so concentrated that a bottle will last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I'm going to be giving the idea of cleansing conditioners a try. I got some of the Wen line from a friend (they didn't like the scent, but loved the product), and want to try it out. If it'll keep my hair looking good and won't strip the color from it (they claim cleansing conditioner is less stripping b/c it doesn't have the chemical stuff that lathers up and can strip color), I'll be all over this stuff. A couple of my stylist friends have been swearing by no-shampoo systems for years now, so I'd like to try it.
    This sounds promising. Never heard of a cleansing conditioner, but it sounds like it would be ideal for me.

I've never seen the Wen line. Do you have suggestions for other manufacturers?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I didn't like Suave as much until I tried their version of Biolage. It seems to work better than Biolage!
    Suave has a version of Biolage? All the Suave bottles look the same to me. Does it have a certain name for the Biolage version?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

I need to find a new system. Lately it seems like my hair is "too clean" for at least two days (as in too clean to hold a style or for a clip or elastic to stay put, it just slides off), and then it goes straight to lank and dirty, just at the roots. I feel like I can never get the style I want. Maybe I should start just cleansing the roots and using a cleansing conditioner on the length? Let me know how it works out for you, NoDay.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Wen is available only through Chaz Dean directly or on QVC. One of my friends gave it a try through QVC, they sell these huge kits of the 4 different scents. She didn't like one of the scents so gave me a half bottle to try out. So far, so good, it's still wet, but my hair is SO soft, but actually does feel clean. From what I understand, it works really well, but only if you make sure to rinse it thoroughly. Then your hair starts looking greasy and is weighed down.

Another part of the appeal? They claim that the line can eliminate something like 4 or 5 products some women use. They say shampoo, normal conditioner, deep conditioning treatments, leave-in conditioner, and also that it's a good shaving cream. I use most of the hair stuff they claim it'll replace regularly, so if I can get an all-in-one that works, yay for time/money saving! They also say you should be able to "wash" your hair less frequently after a little while using it.

I'll let you guys know after about a week a week of using it

Ok, I'm a beauty products snob but my friend told me to try Dove shampoo and condition for 5 days to see what I thought. Wow, what a difference! I've been using Dove for 4 months now and it's wonderful. I don't even remember what I used before but I remember paying $18 a bottle for it. It didn't even work. My hair was dry and brittle. I couldn't get my hair colored in a salon b/c they were afraid it would fall out. Now I pay $4 a bottle and my hair is so smooth, soft and even thicker. I love it!
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information