Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Your favourite makeup

Maybelline colorstay eyeliner
    l'Oreal Blush delice.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    There is no official board rule about it, it's just that some people find it annoying and have complained about it. Personally, it doesn't bother me. It only wastes half a second of your time if you come across a post or thread that is not of your interest. I myself make stupid little post with one smilie only and such sometimes. It also is a pleasant surprise for me when an old thread comes back to life because it was bumped even if it didn't contain any useful information (but who are we to judge what is worthy and what isn't about a post?).

However, mods are able to give an infraction for someone resurrecting an old thread. I understand though that for new posters, it might take some time to understand how the board works. So let's just all be a little nicer and forgiving to newbies is what I say.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification, mooms.

Can I catch up on that somewhere? I couldn't find any rules besides the most general ones...

I do the thread reviving thing all the time, probably with just one word now and then... I'll pay attention from now on.

Oh, and to get back OT: I own more MAC than MAC themselves, I love it. Especially the eyeshadows and the blushs. Not into lipsticks in general, but they look very good, too.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Cool, thanks for the clarification, mooms.

Can I catch up on that somewhere? I couldn't find any rules besides the most general ones...
    I'm interested too... I keep getting confused about thread titling... it seems like there were more guidelines when I first showed up here last fall.

Bourjois 10hr Sleep Foundation and Eau de Gloss, Lush Honey Trap Lipbalm, L'Oreal Infallible Concealer, Benefit Buff Dust cause it conceals any redness from my face

When I have the bucks to splurge, I hit up Sephora. Benefit blush/lip tint,Stila makeup sticks and Bobbi Brown and smashbox lip gloss are really good products. For things like eyeliner and mascara, I use Wet'Wild stuff, very cheap and last longer. Maybeline's classic pink and green mascara is a must have.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by FierceKiten View Post
    For things like eyeliner and mascara, I use Wet'Wild stuff, very cheap and last longer.
    Wet n' Wild has THE best eyeshadows. Seriously. I was shocked.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^That surprises me, too. L'Oreal is pretty good for inexpensive stuff, and I also like Rimmel or True Colours.

Yes PB, I tend to overlook Loreal, not that they dont have a good line of products but they are highley over priced for my taste, that goes along for Revlon. Wet n' Wild has good stuff, not much that I can say about their foundations, but overall good basics when stretching a dollar.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Boots '17' brand 'Viva Diva' is the most awesomest colour you can ever wear if you want to rock the peacock look.
    Me and my BFF bonded over eyeshadow colours.

I love MAC and Clinique. But when $$$ is a little tight, I head for Revlon. That stuff is the Cadillac of cheap makeup.

I switched to Bare Escentials a few months ago and threw everything else away, except my Clinique mascara. I can't see myself switching again ever.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I used to be a department store makeup snob but discovering Makeup Alley has done a lot to change me. The eyeshadows by Ulta, Sally (the beauty supply store $1 each) and Milani (drugstore) are incomparable and very cheap. Revlon makes an awesome product all around (the ColorStay eyeliners can't be beat) and have great lipsticks as wll as attractive packaging. With the higher end brands you are actually paying to help them advertise in Vogue and to promote in other ways and the products are not necessarily superior in any way. I do enjoy some products by Benefit (Playsticks and Dandelion blush) but I've come to rely on my Revlon ColorStay Active makeup and pressed powder most days. CoverGirl makes a great mascara (Lash Exact) and they've just come out with Lash Blast which has insane reviews on MUA. Max Factor makes the best powder foundation out there at $8 a pop.

I tried and tried, but just couldn't do Bare Escentials.

Mascara = L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof, my GF just intro'd me to it this weekend, I LURVES it!
    Red Lipstick = Clinique lipliner - Deep Red
    Other Lip colour = Elizabeth Arden - Autumn

I don't own any eyeliner, I just dip a thin paint brush in water, then touch it to my shadow and apply, for a deeper (matching) colour.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I just starting using Maybeline Pure foundation and anti-acne stick concealer that has sycillic acid in it . Been using it for about a week. No break outs. Has actually helped with old red spots disappearing...and the make-up feels great. Not greasy...it's mostly made with water. Medium coverage. I think I'm going to use this forever. I just wish they had Pure powder too

Bronze Member

Nars, Stila and Prescriptives are my staples. Amazing textures.

I love MAC and Becca brushes.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information