Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite makeup

Default Re: Your Favourite Make up

YSL touche eclat, Clinique Loose Powder, MAC lip glasses, Laura Geller mascara.

I will have to try the Max Factor Erace, (probably the only one I haven't tried!) Though I can't imagine anything working better than my beloved YSL.
    Let's AV DIS!

Default Re: Your Favourite Make up

I finally found a foundation that is absolutely perfect for my skin. My skin is dry so it sucks up whatever I put on it. I was using Cover Girl's tinted moisturizer but the other day I took a closer look at their options and I decided to try the CG Smoother foundation. Amazing stuff. It gives an even but lighter coverage, which I like, and it moisturizes for 11 hours. My skin feels like there's nothing on it. Fantastic stuff.

I also tried their new lipstick called Incredifull. The advertisements say it's supposed to plump up your lips. I felt a little tingling but that's about it. Nothing special. I do however love Cover Girl's Lip Tints. Anyway, I am a bit of a makeup butterfly too, but I'm finding some great stuff from Cover Girl.
    Most of us die with our music still inside

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Revlon Fabulash mascara- best mascara ever!!!
    Just try it... i guarantee you'll love it
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Urban Decay for eyeshadow - they are expensive but there colours are g8.

Dermaband for concealer - have very dark shadows under my eye.

Maybelline, Barry M, Revlon, Bourjois and L'oreal for nail polish.

The only makeup I wear is blue eyeliner and I got it at a discount cosmetics shop and I cant get it anymore! It wasn't an expensive one either.

I get my eyelashes tinted so that takes care of mascara, and I dont wear foundation. My mum used to be a consultant for a cosmetics company called Nutrimetics and they make a tinted moisturizer that I'll wear instead of foundation (but never on a daily basis).

My problem with makeup is my sensitivity to alot of it- I've had bad breakouts in the past from using particular foundations, and my eyes even react to certain eyeliners and mascaras- it sucks.

I will say though that between 14 and 17 years old I used the Maybelline 3-in-1 stick- cheap and effective. I loved it. They took the bloody thing off the market though didn't they! Then I went to Facefinity by Maxfactor and that RUINED my skin (and costs $30). I went a year without wearing any foundation after that- it took that bloody long to get my skin looking nice again.

i never used blush but i've been looking pale lately and i discovered the best colour. it's cover girl cheekers in brick rose and it's perfect, not to mention dirt cheap. it's a great natural colour with a slight shine to it and it doesn't look like you're wearing blush, just like you have a nice healthy glow.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I use mainly MAC and Bobbi Brown.

Elite Member

i like burbank's cinema secrets line of foundations..they feel light and weightless and go on smoothly...

Don't wear foundation usually, but my friend let me some of her Vichy makeup when I was staying at her place, and it had a nice, natural effect.

For other makeup items, I like L'Oreal, Sephora and Helena Rubenstein.

I like MAC's tinted moisturizer because it evens out my skin tone and does not feel heavy.

Well I guess I'm a cheapo when it comes to makeup. I get all of my stuff at WalMart and Target and I just buy what I want to. I use the old school CoverGirl clean make up foundation but I'm on the hunt for a new foundation. Most of my eye make up is Maybelline but that's because I can get that stuff at the dollar store, haha I LOVE Revlons long wear eyewear too, the 9 hour stuff. It's nice. Any kind of bronzer works for me, right now I'm using Rimmel's and in the summer time I use one with a bit of a shimmer.

idk, I just use whatever I feel like buying I guess, haha I LOVE make up though, whenever there's a buy one get one 50% off or free at a drug store, I'm SO there.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    My problem with makeup is my sensitivity to alot of it- I've had bad breakouts in the past from using particular foundations, and my eyes even react to certain eyeliners and mascaras- it sucks.
    I can totally relate. The only mascara I can wear is from Dr.Hauschka - all the rest irritate my eyes and then my eyelashes fall out. (I also can only use a tube for 3 months or so.)

I Love Chanel's black eyeliner it makes my eyes look exotic, I am also a fan of Lancome's Juicy Tubes, they last all day and makes my lip shiny and soft

Quote Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
    Make-up for Ever Face & Body Liquid Make-Up is absolutely the best fondation I've ever tried (and there are many). It feels light, almost watery and provides sheer to medium coverage, doesn't transfer or make the skin look dry. Sheer layer of it feels and looks practically nonexistent, its just evens the skin tone.
    I made a thread about Make Up Forever about a week ago. I wore the face and body makeup yesterday for the first time, and I completely agree with what you wrote. It's the best foundation I have ever used. I was worried about shade #20 being too dark for my pale skin, but it's suprisingly a good match.

It really just glides onto your skin. I hate foundations that look cakey, and this doesn't have that appearance at all. It's like your skin but better.

Bronze Member

Avon

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information