Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I stopped wearing foundation over the summer as I didn't feel that I needed it (sunshine works wonders for my problem complexion) but I didn't get back into the habit of wearing it again until this week after the blazing vanity mirror lights in a hotel room bathroom made me realise how uneven my skintone was looking again due to the cold weather. I didn't want to spend a fortune so I picked up a bottle of NYC's All Day Long Smooth Skin foundation in classic ivory and so far it is working out very, very well. It doesn't go on like a mask (like Maybelline's Dream Matt mousse did), doesn't dry my skin out or make me break out (also like the Dream Matt) and seems to last fairly well, considering my skin is prone to being oily. As it cost less than 3 I'm considering it a very good find, especially as it is pale enough for me to wear without bordering on Goth or looking yellow.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Funny, I mix Ivory and Nude to get my perfect color match. I was using to concealers from MAC mixed together but just didn't have time to pick it up so I started using the NYC, perfect, only the bottle is retarded.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I use Laura Mercier Silk crime foundation, mixed with her tinted moisturizer. You don't need much and it's smooth, light but has great coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I use Laura Mercier Silk crime foundation, mixed with her tinted moisturizer. You don't need much and it's smooth, light but has great coverage.
    I've heard such great things about both Laura Mercier's foundation and tinted moisturizer that I'm tempted to try them, even though I love the foundation I use.

I'm using L'Oreal True Match foundation. The coverage is a bit too sheer for my liking. But the colour really matches my skin. And I've had a couple of small breakouts. It's great for everyday wear though.

I'm going to try Neutrogena Skin clearing. My skin is oily & acne prone & I've read good reviews about them.
    **Say Auf Wiedersehen to your NAZI Balls**

I use Pur minerals 4 in 1 pressed mineral makeup. This is the first mineral makeup line I've tried and so far I really like it. If you're looking for medium to full coverage, this is not it. But if you want to even out your skin tone before heading out somewhere, this is perfect. It makes me feel like I've nothing on!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Developed by prisoners somewhere? What crimes has it committed?

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Developed by prisoners somewhere? What crimes has it committed?

Ah, I just noticed that!!

The crime is in the price.

I just bought Neutrogena's "Healthy Skin Enhancer" - has a retinol treatment, SPF 20 and a sheer tint. Have only worn it once but I liked how my skin looked. It has enough coverage to use it as a foundation and it's oil-free (which I don't really need anymore).
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I've just started using Jane Iredale PurePressed Mineral Foundation. I was shopping for a new foundation and got samples at a department store for Mac, Chanel, Estee Lauder, everything! I bought a sample of the Jane Iredale pressed powder from a beauty salon and I love it. Best foundation I've ever used.

The more you buff it on, the better the coverage. It has great coverage, can be light or heavy, and you can use it as a light concealor (either with a smaller brush or a damp concealor brush). They have a tonne of shades from very fair like me to dark skin. Stays on all day, looks extremely natural and glowing, and doesn't go cakey or oily. I absolutely love it and will be recommending it to everyone I know!!

I even got my 60 year old mother to try it in her shade and it looked great on her skin too, very natural. Apparently it's not the best for acne prone skin as the algae extract can clog pores. I have very sensitive skin and don't get blemishes often, I found it fine, I think it hid pores well and even made a small spot disappear quicker. And no, I don't work for JI

eta: it has SPF 20 and it completely natural and paraben free.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I got a "make over" from the local clinique stand, using their redness range.
    So, it supposed to be specifically formulated for red skin, so people that have rosecia & easily irritated skin?

Yeah, I managed to leave it on while I did my shopping but then as soon as I got home had to take it off. It irritated my skin, made it itch and stung too!
    Free Charmed.

I don't use foundation, just primer with a light dusting of loose translucent powder. It's too humid to wear foundation here, it ends up looking sweaty and oily. Primer/powder evens out skin tone and stops any shine, which is all I want.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So, it supposed to be specifically formulated for red skin, so people that have rosecia & easily irritated skin?

Yeah, I managed to leave it on while I did my shopping but then as soon as I got home had to take it off. It irritated my skin, made it itch and stung too!

Oh fuck that.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

Clinique sucks. I've never heard good things about their makeup or skin care lines. Everyone I've talked to that's used Clinique has always complained about the products irritating or breaking out their skin.

I've used Clinique for 20 years and have always loved it. They recently reformulated my favorite foundation though and it's awful. I looked on line and the reviews for the new product were terrible. I switched to their BB cream which, I'm convinced, it's nothing more than tinted moisturizer.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information