Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

Hit By Ban Bus!

CoverGirl ultimate Finish, shade....420.

Bronze Member

I have found many over the years that were good but flawed. Like many I have oily combination skin. I like Prescriptives but it makes my cheeks dry and Clarins do a couple that are pretty good but not pale enough for me. I've been using Bare Escentuals (it's spelled oddly but not sure I got it right) for a couple of years. I like the cover but the color is too dark for my pale skin. Plus it makes my pores even more obvious. It makes me look like I have a golden yellow sheen.

The one I love and use now I will stick with. It's Skin Tint by Cosmetics A La carte. I have it made for me to match my colour! Which isn't as pale or white as I think, it's pinky. It's just that most foundations are yellowy. The ivories and alabasters are too yellow for me. Now I have a pinky colour that matches my colour and I can do the dewy finish whereas before, with oily skin I felt I had to go for matte.

The thing I have learned is that works for others doesn't mean it'll work for me and vice versa.

I never wear foundation, I use Nars Pressed Powder in "Eden".
    Fabulous product, it goes on flawlessly. And Lancome's' Color Ideal"Light 10 W" this is fabulous as well.

I use Pür Minerals with SPF 15. Works wonders for me. It's a compact powder.

The one I love and use now I will stick with. It's Skin Tint by Cosmetics A La carte. I have it made for me to match my colour!

Is that in the US?

I have the coloring of Jack White and I gave up trying to find a foundation to make my skin tone ages ago.

I used Jane Iredale (can't remember which shade) or L'oreal's discontinued Bare Naturale mineral powder foundation in Soft Ivory (discontinued shade, was the lightest).

I'm looking at maybe trying a liquid foundation for a more dewy finish. Liquid always looks odd on my nose and cheeks though, I have no idea why.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I just found a new foundation. It looks like a bingo dauber , and I am in love.

Found a new one I really like. Tarte "Smooth Operator". It comes in a wide tube, lots of colors, and it's advertised as "Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer". I like it; it also brightens my skin. Got it as a sample in a Sephora order and really liked it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. It stays on all day & the color stays true too. The regular Double Wear is a little too drying, but the light works better if you have dry skin.

Bronze Member

No but they will probably sell overseas. They've been around for a good few yuears and they don't just sell make up, they do fashion shows and movies too. The company owner designs and sells these beautiful products to the public but also makes bespoke one offs. Also, if you have a favourite product that's no longer available, if you give them a sample they will try to make it for you.

Someone mentioned pur make up and I had more success with that than with bare esscentuals but the colour was too yellow. However, nothing has improved my skin like the cosmetics a la carte foundation. People keep commenting on how nice mu skin is and they don't even think I'm wearing make up! I had acne for decades but my skin looks smoother and more even.

I recommend it to anyone. I think the whole range is amazing. I use Total lift off make up remove, it's light and refreshing and still takes off mascara in seconds.

http://www.cosmeticsalacarte.com

They do so many lovely items. I buy a lovely light moisturiser from them too and it has rose oil in but is so light.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    Is that in the US?

I have the coloring of Jack White and I gave up trying to find a foundation to make my skin tone ages ago.

Lately I am loving Revlon PhotoReady. Makes your skin look smooth and porcelain, without that greasy, caked-on look that can be so hard to avoid with a foundation, and it photographs amazingly.

I love my MAC Stuido Liquid Fix... It makes my skin look flawless and I always get good comments about how 'good my skin looks'. The only shitty thing is its about $27 per bottle. It's worth it in my opinion...

This stuff is good: ZuZu Luxe Powder Foundation. I'm really pale and the lightest shade is light enough.

I just went to write a big thing about loving CoverFX... then read the thread first and realized I did that already. Whoops.

So to update... still use CoverFX. Still love it. lol It is what I used on the girls in the wedding party I did the makeup for on Saturday. Now one of those girls has already booked me for her wedding next year. I'd say they liked the CoverFX too.

I had to stop using liquid foundation because it was making me look cakey and the heat made it streaky. So I've been using some cheap Covergirl tinted moisturizer, a dab of Laura Mercier concealer under my eyes, and putting Bare Minerals mineral veil on top as a finish. My skin looks and feels so much better.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information