Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I always thought it was the other way around; Maybelline & L'Oreal has stuff first (think the lip gloss/juicy tubes) and they see how it goes in that market and then put it out with Lancome. They probably flip it around all the time.
    I know that Ester Lauder owns (or used to own) Clinique, and that origins (and dior I think) is made in the same factory, there are cheap brands in their range too.
    I was thinking of skin care - not the lip gloss.... but it must be able to work the other way too.

ETA: I found this... Estée Lauder Companies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Free Charmed.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I totally forgot about them buying MAC.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^^ Clinique has a really limited shade range - unless you're a medium toned caucasian, you'll probably have a problem. I have a friend who works there and SWORE they could find a shade of foundation to match me. It doesn't take a genius to figure out I'm about 27 shades too light for the palest shade they make. My friend finally had to admit defeat because it looked so shit-tay.
    I've got a lot of Cherokee in me, so yeah I'm tan, but not with a pink undertone like she used. Now that you mention it, they didn't have a good range of foundation shades. A lot of them looked like they would be good for women who are pale by nature, but choose some form of tanning. I know that sounds strange, and maybe it's just me.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Skin type has a lot to do with how a product suits your skin. The dream mousse foundation and blush get rave reviews on Makeup Alley. They have a wonderful feel.

For the second part, I used to work in dept store cosmetics (for Lauder actually) and I can just imagine the cat fighting that went on if the Lauder rep heard her saying that, lol.
    I really hope so, and I hope the Lauder rep pulled off her old lady style wig. It was just an annoying situation all the way around.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Dream Matte Mousse didn't work for me at all - I have very oily skin that also tends to get dry patches (grrr!) and it just seemed to highlight every dry patch that I had.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I've got a lot of Cherokee in me, so yeah I'm tan, but not with a pink undertone like she used. Now that you mention it, they didn't have a good range of foundation shades. A lot of them looked like they would be good for women who are pale by nature, but choose some form of tanning. I know that sounds strange, and maybe it's just me.
    Thats really interesting (and probably why I buy my foundation from the US), I find that UK foundations all have a "yellow" base.... and they'd probably suit you better since you're not "red" based.
    Have you tried Smashbox? I thought that they had a good range of colours.
    Free Charmed.

i can't stand to watch the dream matte mousse tv commercials. it looks like the woman are smearing crap all over their faces.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Lauder owns Clinique and Origins, Prescriptives and Aramis, like someone laready said. Revlon is huge: they own Almay, Ultima II (remember them), Halston, Charles of the Ritz. Lancome and Loreal are part of the same company and Loreal just bought the Body Shop (boo!!!). The prestige lines come out with the exciting new products first, then the drugstore lines copy them. Back in the 80's when I started working in the dept store selling cosmetics I learned that over in Europe a lot of our drugstore stuff is packaged all fancy and sold in dept store (or the equivalent) and vice versa.

It comes down to packaging and advertising. There are numerous prestige line products that I really enjoy and will spend the money for. But I've used about everything out there and there are many drugstore items that are just as good if not better in quality. Makeup Alley is really a money saver. You'd be surprised and amazed at the high reviews for Wet N Wild eyeshadow and many of the products by Jane as well as NYC.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    You'd be surprised and amazed at the high reviews for Wet N Wild eyeshadow
    No kidding! That stuff is worth its weight in gold. Their eyeshadow trios are less than $4, but the quality is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Thats really interesting (and probably why I buy my foundation from the US), I find that UK foundations all have a "yellow" base.... and they'd probably suit you better since you're not "red" based.
    Have you tried Smashbox? I thought that they had a good range of colours.
    I've never tried smashbox, but I heard their primer is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    No kidding! That stuff is worth its weight in gold. Their eyeshadow trios are less than $4, but the quality is unreal.
    I'll definitely have to try their eyeshadow. Their lip liners are really good too.

I also love NYC's lip gloss. It's just as good, if not better than a lot of more expensive brands.

LOL! Yes there primer is amazing - I have to make sure that I pack it to bring home when I visit friends as they'll "accidently" forget to tell me I forgot it!! LOL
    I got a "mini-make-over" in Bloomies in the Beverly Centre - the girl in there was amazing. However, she was really surprised that my foundation ended up with a colour that she'd only previously used on japanese girls (I'm a typical celt, dark hair, blue eyes pale skin), as it was the perfect shade for my skin (pink based not yellow).
    I tend to "stock up" when I'm in LA so I can try stuff out....
    If you can't tell I'm a bit of a "potions gal"... I love cosmetics even if I don't tend to wear much!
    Free Charmed.

I don't have a favorite. It seems like an eternal quest for me. I keep trying different ones.

I am currently using Laura Mercier. Before that, I used Shu Uemura. They are alright.

I'm glad I found this thread! Can anyone recommend a foundation that has very good coverage for acne scars and uneven skin tone?
    ssabmud

^If you need thick coverage, I'd go with Esstee Lauder's double wear foundation. A lot of women love mineral makeup, but I don't know how well it would cover acne scars.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Folieadeux View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread! Can anyone recommend a foundation that has very good coverage for acne scars and uneven skin tone?
    I think Revlon's ColorStay offers an excellent, buildable coverage with a lovely finish. Check out the reviews on Makeup Alley. Also, Merle Norman offers a full coverage long wearing foundation called Luxiva Lasting Foundation. The reviews for that are excellent as well. I have good skin but am very active and insist on something long wearing. I would especially want it to stay on if I had things to cover up (sometimes I do).

Makeupalley Reviews of Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

Makeupalley Reviews of Revlon Colorstay Foundation
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information