Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

I tend to only use a powder in the morning. If I go out, I'll use a liquid foundation and I can use any of them. I like DuWop lip products. Masacara - I have long lashes so any of that will do as well, however I am liking the Maybelline Lash Stilleto here lately.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

VICHY DERMABLEND

Yes, it's expensive, but I need less than half of what I'd use with other brands. It gives me the coverage I need, and I need alot (hereditary dark cirkles and acne). Plus it actually comes in my skin color, which is insanely pale). It stays on forever, and doesn't look too matte or shiny and blends with my skin perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    me neither......I use L'oreal Voluminous instead.
    I always go back to Voluminous, it's as good if not better than those fancy shmancy Lancome jobbies - half the price too!

Never did get on with that Maybelline gloop - it gave me like three spikey black lashes....not a good look.

Foundation wise, I never got on with Bare Minerals - gave me pores you could serve dip out of.

YSL Perfect Touch is my current fave.
    Last edited by Tati; March 9th, 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I tend to only use a powder in the morning. If I go out, I'll use a liquid foundation and I can use any of them. I like DuWop lip products. Masacara - I have long lashes so any of that will do as well, however I am liking the Maybelline Lash Stilleto here lately.
    I almost bought some Maybelline Lash Stiletto yesterday, but instead I opted for Maybelline Intense XXL Volume & Length. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    VICHY DERMABLEND

Yes, it's expensive, but I need less than half of what I'd use with other brands. It gives me the coverage I need, and I need alot (hereditary dark cirkles and acne). Plus it actually comes in my skin color, which is insanely pale). It stays on forever, and doesn't look too matte or shiny and blends with my skin perfectly.
    I thought about buying it, but I'm pretty sure I can only get it online, and I'm not sure which color I should choose. I heard it's really thick though, is that true? Supposedly it's good for people who have rosacea or acne scarring, and I have neither, which is another reason I chose to pass it by. Glad you found something that works great though.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Foundation wise, I never got on with Bare Minerals - gave me pores you could serve dip out of.

YSL Perfect Touch is my current fave.
    I get that if I use too much. A light touch is def needed.
    My friend gave me Touche Eclat by YSL to try recently (I have dark circles that I'm very concious of) and I was totally gobsmacked by how wonderful it was!
    Free Charmed.

Oh yeah, I bought Maybelline eyeliner, because I thought oh what the hell it's only a couple of dollars, but it sucks the bag. Don't buy it. I bought the darkest black they have, and it goeson gray! I was so annoyed.

I envy you folks who can use inexpensive mascaras. Any time I've tried one, my lashes break off within a week. They literally break in half. I recently tried Maybelline's new line of colored mascaras and I had to throw them out. I use MAC's Mascara X, which is made with Vitamin E. I also have Benefit BadGal in blue and wine colors.

I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation and Great Lash Mascara too Maybelline is brilliant, definitely comparible to the more expensive brands.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by karistiona View Post
    I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation and Great Lash Mascara too Maybelline is brilliant, definitely comparible to the more expensive brands.
    Plus the expensive brands have the money to do the research then the innovations are passed to the less expensive brands owned by the same manufacturer; so you still get the great improvements.
    Free Charmed.

I love Mark Kay products and I still use them, however the bare minerals foundation gives me the best coverage

I've tried the Maybelline mousse one and I didn't care for it. It had a somewhat greasy feel and it didn't blend as smoothly as I would have liked.

^If you're looking for really light coverage that you can't feel, then Maybelline dream matte mousse isn't the right foundation. Luckily, I never had a problem blending it in. I use a tiny bit at a time, and go from there. The end result looks like natural, porcelain looking skin.

Yesterday, I went to the mall and was headed to the Estee Lauder makeup counter to try some of their double wear foundation, because I've heard so many good things about it. Even though I love my maybelline, I wanted to see EL's foundation is as good as people say. On my way to the counter, the Clinique lady stopped me in my tracks to tell me about their current gift giveaway, where you receive a lipstick, eyeshadow, blah blah if you spend a certain amount of money. So I told her thanks but no thanks, I need to get to Estee Lauder before the mall closes (she was really pushy). So she asked me what for and I told her, because I didn't want to be rude, even though she was getting on my nerves. So she told me that Clinique has a foundation that is the equivalent to EL's double wear, but for much cheaper, and if I bought theirs, I could get the gift bag. So I said ok, I'll give it a try. So she puts some on my face, and it is completely the wrong color, and red in tone, while I have a yellow undertone. I politely told her that it doesn't match my face and asked if there was another color that had my undertone, and she copped a MAJOR attitude with me and said, "Well, you ARE very tan." Like it's a bad thing! She basically refused to try another shade, because she felt like I was wrong and she was right, even though I could see a definite RED line where she put the makeup. So then she proceeds to try to pressure me into buying it while I'm trying to leave because I'm so offended, and then she has the nerve to tell me that I would STILL be 50 cents short of getting the free gift, so on top of the foundation that doesn't match my face, I'd have to fork out even more money on something I don't really want. I told her NO thank you, and she copped and even bigger attitude, and said rudely," FINE. I have to help someone else before we close."
    That's when I realized that Dillard's was closing in like 5 minutes, so I didn't even have the damn time to get matched for Estee Lauder's double wear, which was the only thing I wanted to do in the first place. I was so pissed. I guess the moral of the story is that I should've been ruder to the pushy saleslady (who's so inept that she can't even match foundation to a face properly). Sorry, I just had to vent!

^^ Clinique has a really limited shade range - unless you're a medium toned caucasian, you'll probably have a problem. I have a friend who works there and SWORE they could find a shade of foundation to match me. It doesn't take a genius to figure out I'm about 27 shades too light for the palest shade they make. My friend finally had to admit defeat because it looked so shit-tay.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Plus the expensive brands have the money to do the research then the innovations are passed to the less expensive brands owned by the same manufacturer; so you still get the great improvements.
    I always thought it was the other way around; Maybelline & L'Oreal has stuff first (think the lip gloss/juicy tubes) and they see how it goes in that market and then put it out with Lancome. They probably flip it around all the time.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^If you're looking for really light coverage that you can't feel, then Maybelline dream matte mousse isn't the right foundation. Luckily, I never had a problem blending it in. I use a tiny bit at a time, and go from there. The end result looks like natural, porcelain looking skin.

Yesterday, I went to the mall and was headed to the Estee Lauder makeup counter to try some of their double wear foundation, because I've heard so many good things about it. Even though I love my maybelline, I wanted to see EL's foundation is as good as people say. On my way to the counter, the Clinique lady stopped me in my tracks to tell me about their current gift giveaway, where you receive a lipstick, eyeshadow, blah blah if you spend a certain amount of money. So I told her thanks but no thanks, I need to get to Estee Lauder before the mall closes (she was really pushy). So she asked me what for and I told her, because I didn't want to be rude, even though she was getting on my nerves. So she told me that Clinique has a foundation that is the equivalent to EL's double wear, but for much cheaper, and if I bought theirs, I could get the gift bag. So I said ok, I'll give it a try. So she puts some on my face, and it is completely the wrong color, and red in tone, while I have a yellow undertone. I politely told her that it doesn't match my face and asked if there was another color that had my undertone, and she copped a MAJOR attitude with me and said, "Well, you ARE very tan." Like it's a bad thing! She basically refused to try another shade, because she felt like I was wrong and she was right, even though I could see a definite RED line where she put the makeup. So then she proceeds to try to pressure me into buying it while I'm trying to leave because I'm so offended, and then she has the nerve to tell me that I would STILL be 50 cents short of getting the free gift, so on top of the foundation that doesn't match my face, I'd have to fork out even more money on something I don't really want. I told her NO thank you, and she copped and even bigger attitude, and said rudely," FINE. I have to help someone else before we close."
    That's when I realized that Dillard's was closing in like 5 minutes, so I didn't even have the damn time to get matched for Estee Lauder's double wear, which was the only thing I wanted to do in the first place. I was so pissed. I guess the moral of the story is that I should've been ruder to the pushy saleslady (who's so inept that she can't even match foundation to a face properly). Sorry, I just had to vent!
    Skin type has a lot to do with how a product suits your skin. The dream mousse foundation and blush get rave reviews on Makeup Alley. They have a wonderful feel.

For the second part, I used to work in dept store cosmetics (for Lauder actually) and I can just imagine the cat fighting that went on if the Lauder rep heard her saying that, lol.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information