Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

i like mac's select spf15 foundation. if i do use foundation, i only use foundation a bit under my eyes & on any blemishes i may happen to have. it's really light & yet gives great coverage. it lasts a really long time, too...one bottle lasts me 18-20 months or so.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I have just begun (in the last six months) using Mary Kay's version of minerals foundation and I LOVE it. It literally washes years off my face, without making me look made up.

However, after reading about sparkly's discovery, I want to try that after I run out of my present foundation. It sounds great, and I like Maybelline mascaras A LOT...even if they are cheap, they're great!
    Ive used maybelline mascaras for 20 yrs, I've tried other one and always gone back to them. You can't beat them even with a stick! If you ever see make-up artists/models handbags in magazines they always have a maybelline mascara in there.... they're the best!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    I really like Cover Girl's Clean Makeup. I'm so fair complected, it's hard to find the right shade that isn't too light or too tan/pinky which equals makeup lines. The Ivory is perfect.
    I use Clean Make-up Oil Control formula in Ivory, too. I had the damnedest time finding a shade light enough that isn't too warm toned, and this was the only thing that worked and didn't break me out.

Mineral make-up turned into a yellow, gross mask on me, Clinique doesn't have anything even remotely light enough for me, and my skin is too oily and acne prone for MAC, so I just stick with my $4 Cover Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I use Clean Make-up Oil Control formula in Ivory, too. I had the damnedest time finding a shade light enough that isn't too warm toned, and this was the only thing that worked and didn't break me out.

Mineral make-up turned into a yellow, gross mask on me, Clinique doesn't have anything even remotely light enough for me, and my skin is too oily and acne prone for MAC, so I just stick with my $4 Cover Girl.
    I used to have a great foundation by Clinique it was sheer tho & called baby-face or baby-skin.... I've just looked & they seemed to have stopped doing that colour...
    Free Charmed.

I wear tinted moisturiser...then foundation in any areas where I need a bit of coverage.

Chantecaille Future Skin foundation. It's fucking awesome. Used it for years. Covers, looks like skin, stays on, doesn't get greasy even though I'm oily skinned, but it isn't matte, it really just looks like good skin....I can't rave enough about this stuff. It's one of the products that I am totally loyal to. It's expensive, but it lasts. I use a foundation brush, so I use very little.

And for a tinted moisturiser, Cover Girl Aqua Tint is great, looks natural and costs about $7.00
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Ive used maybelline mascaras for 20 yrs, I've tried other one and always gone back to them. You can't beat them even with a stick! If you ever see make-up artists/models handbags in magazines they always have a maybelline mascara in there.... they're the best!
    Not to distract from foundations, but I read several articles online (I wish I'd saved them!) that praised Maybelline mascaras, to the hilt! Great Lash is considered to be one of the top ten best mascaras ever, even compared to the super expensive ones. And you're right, every model you see in the magazines (just about it) has on Maybelline cheap-ass mascara! Can't beat 'em.

But I do want to try the OP's foundation, and although I've never heard of MAC until this site, I am dying to try some of their cosmetics. I figure if I can afford Mary Kay stuff (which I have LOVED and used for nearly 30 years) I can afford to at least try MAC.

Make Up and Cosmetics Online - MAC Cosmetics UK here you go - they might do mail order if there isn't a supplier in your area.
    Free Charmed.

Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Not to distract from foundations, but I read several articles online (I wish I'd saved them!) that praised Maybelline mascaras, to the hilt! Great Lash is considered to be one of the top ten best mascaras ever, even compared to the super expensive ones. And you're right, every model you see in the magazines (just about it) has on Maybelline cheap-ass mascara! Can't beat 'em.
    I'm a recent Great Lash convert myself. Stuff's great. Can't believe I ignored the hype for so long b/c this stuff is the real deal. Cheap cheap too.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I like Rimmel. I have a MAC Dewy one but I think it looks a bit chalky.
    I have some Rimmel foundation, and I didn't like the way it looked on my skin. TBH, I don't think there's a single brand out there that would make every woman alive happy, especially not with all the different skin types and looks women are going for.

As for the Maybelline mascara, it's simply the best! Personally, I think Estee Lauder and Mary Kay mascara pale in comparison, and you just can't beat the price.

So has anyone tried Estee Lauder's Maximum Cover or Double Wear foundation? I'm really curious about it, but don't want to spend almost $40 on a small tube only to be disappointed.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    I was thinking about ordering sheer cover or whatever it is called has anyone used it?

Google 'sheer cover' and read the 'consumer opinions' links. Most of them think it's overpriced crap.

I love MAC products (owned by Estee Lauder/Clinique BTW) - their Spice lip pencil is already a classic that suits absolutely everyone.

These days I wear tinted moisturizer with a dusting of powder over.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Revlon ColorStay, it's a full coverage long-wearing bargain foundation

Hit By Ban Bus!

I use the MAC dewy one as well, but I don't see anything special about it. I have dry skin so I try not to do matte foundations. I do want to try a drugstore brand to save some $$$.

As far as mascaras go, I just started using Cover Girl's Lash Blast in the big orange tube, and I think it works great on my pathetic lashes. Has anyone ever tried the Rimmel mascara with the cool looking brush? I've been wondering how well that one works.

Great Lash is considered to be one of the top ten best mascaras ever, even compared to the super expensive ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I'm a recent Great Lash convert myself. Stuff's great. Can't believe I ignored the hype for so long b/c this stuff is the real deal. Cheap cheap too.
    I hate that I can't make Great Lash work for me, because the stuff is dead cheap and praised to the hilt by make-up artists. The formula is too wet and runny and the brush to sparse for me. I've tried it several times and I can't make it work.

I like Maybelline Define-A-Lash in the neon green tube.

Lately, I've been using the new tinted Cover Girl Lash Blast Luxe and even though I thought I'd hate a brush that big and bulky, I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I hate that I can't make Great Lash work for me, because the stuff is dead cheap and praised to the hilt by make-up artists. The formula is too wet and runny and the brush to sparse for me. I've tried it several times and I can't make it work.

me neither......I use L'oreal Voluminous instead.

I was on Diorshow for a bit, but I find this works just as well and it's $5.00 instead of $25.00

I wish Maybelline would bring back the old cake mascara in the red box, that was awesome cheap stuff.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information