Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Your favorite foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I haven't but I'd rather pay $25 for something that I know will work than $120...
    I have a lot of marks/permanent bruises/whatever on my legs that are very unsightly. I don't wear skirts because of them. I was looking at this for summer but then when I gets warm I have to wear support socks anyways no win!

Ooh! I'll bear that in mind. I have dryish skin (def not oily) so it sounds like we have very different skin types. I think I can get the orange for around 15, which is quite expensive for us so that was why I was asking your opinion

ETA: Thanks for your help, had a look on eBay & found sellers in Korea selling Missha brand in number 13 (which is the palest I've seen). Do you know if there is a specific thing I need to look for to see if its a fake? One seller has their company info up there (which I guess I can google?), they look to be legitimate?
    I certainly understand not being ok with the price!

You don't need to use the Skin Prep for it to work. I never do, so that elminates $45 there.
    Also, with Cover FX you can use it on your legs as well. I've covered tattoos with it. It also lasts a lot longer than most brands I have experience with, so you end up spending less in the long run. I use Natural FX (the liquid foundation from Cover FX), literally use it every single day and a single tube of it can last an entire year. $37/year on foundation? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I haven't but I'd rather pay $25 for something that I know will work than $120...
    I have a lot of marks/permanent bruises/whatever on my legs that are very unsightly. I don't wear skirts because of them. I was looking at this for summer but then when I gets warm I have to wear support socks anyways no win!

Ooh! I'll bear that in mind. I have dryish skin (def not oily) so it sounds like we have very different skin types. I think I can get the orange for around 15, which is quite expensive for us so that was why I was asking your opinion

ETA: Thanks for your help, had a look on eBay & found sellers in Korea selling Missha brand in number 13 (which is the palest I've seen). Do you know if there is a specific thing I need to look for to see if its a fake? One seller has their company info up there (which I guess I can google?), they look to be legitimate?
    If you're buying on eBay I would say to check the sellers rating. Also, I'd also stay away from creams from china or hong kong. NOt saying all Chinese are fake but it's better to be safe because I've heard a lot of counterfeit comes from there. Usually sellers from Korea should be ok but I would def still check their ratings and reviews to make sure they're reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    If you're buying on eBay I would say to check the sellers rating. Also, I'd also stay away from creams from china or hong kong. NOt saying all Chinese are fake but it's better to be safe because I've heard a lot of counterfeit comes from there. Usually sellers from Korea should be ok but I would def still check their ratings and reviews to make sure they're reputable.
    Thanks!

And I'm still not paying $37 for something that I can't check the color before I buy it. Not gonna happen. Smashbox isn't even that much in the UK, plus then it would be the same again for postage... Dermablend is still a fraction of the price (if I were to go with that type of thing), I can test it (since I react to hypoallergenic stuff) & can color match. Why would I throw away $70?
    Free Charmed.

Ah! They do carry it in the UK, but did not realize you weren't near a store that carried it. I wouldn't order foundation I wasn't already colour matched to either, regardless of price!

Just thought it would have been perfect for you, since you mentioned being matched to a foundation used on Asian skin.

Hope you find one that works!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    So..... I bought two small tubes....

Diamond The Prestige
    Hot Pink Super Plus Beblesh Balm

TOTAL SOLUTION BB CREAM WITH 10-IN-1 EFFECTS. Moisture based triple function BB cream takes care of the base as well as colour makeup and allows the skin to look bright and natural without greasiness or feeling tight.
    And

The Oriental
    VIP Gold Super Plus Beblesh Balm

BB CREAM THAT PRESENTS LUXURIOUS SKIN. Ingredients with an abundance of nutrition keep skin resilient and moist and its whitening and wrinkle fighting properties helps maintain clear and resilient skin, while giving the skin a natural and bright look.
    I've only tested them a little bit so far but on my roeascia they cover it & it blends quite well (bearing in mind that I did it in the car after picking them out of the post box!), on the rest of my skin I think that they are too dark. However, I'm in the middle of an eruption...

However the seller was great & I'll be using them for some different samples if they have the ones I want. I've bought other things from Korean sellers in the past and find them great.
    Free Charmed.

I just bought a bottle of Dior's Pro Youth Serum and the stuff is amazing. It's $76 for a bottle but you only need a tiny pump (the size of a pea maybe) to cover your entire face. It provides even better moisturizing than my usual 3 pumps of Clinique lotion. So far I'm impressed by it.

I started Retin A recently too. While using the Dior serum, I haven't had any flaking or dryness that typically comes with Retin A.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information