Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite foundation

^ Bella - I think you're right about the BB cream, with a little sunscreen thrown in. I got a sample at Sephora and was not impressed. I love Clinique's High Impact mascara though - it's da bomb. I cannot use their skin care though - it just doesn't like me.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

American bb cream sucks. Korean bb cream I way better and more advanced. It actually heals and protects the skin whereas American brands are prob just tinted moisturizers. I would def recommend Korean bb cream over American if you were going to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    Clinique sucks. I've never heard good things about their makeup or skin care lines. Everyone I've talked to that's used Clinique has always complained about the products irritating or breaking out their skin.
    Really? Before I developed roseacia I used to wear a sheer foundation of theirs in "baby face", it was the perfect shade of pale flesh with pink undertones (I have black haired, blue eyed, cool skin toned white skin that is very pale) it was perfect, but my skin has changed & now I feel I need foundation I can't bear to wear it since it irritates me so much.
    I swear by their moisture surge moisturiser though.

What is the bb stuff?

I'd be interested to know where I can buy Korean products, I think that I've heard good things from you about them.
    When I was in LA one time I had my makeup done & the make-up person used the same color foundation on me that she uses on her Japanese clients.
    I found that interesting.
    Free Charmed.

i recently bought revlon's colorstay foundation and absolutely love it. i can't tell you how great it is. i have oily combination skin, no spots or acne, but some redness around the nose and forehead, and this is just perfect to cover it all up. it controls the oil perfectly and makes your skin look great. it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, even though it has a medium finish, and it stays all day. so far it hasn't irritated my skin, and my skin usually is a bitch.
    i highly recommend it.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I loved Clinique products when I was younger. Their Dramatically Different moisturiser was the only thing I could wear on my oily skin. I still use it now occasionally in hot weather or if I just want a light moisturiser. And their Moisture Surge is awesome!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Really? Before I developed roseacia I used to wear a sheer foundation of theirs in "baby face", it was the perfect shade of pale flesh with pink undertones (I have black haired, blue eyed, cool skin toned white skin that is very pale) it was perfect, but my skin has changed & now I feel I need foundation I can't bear to wear it since it irritates me so much.

What is the bb stuff?

I'd be interested to know where I can buy Korean products, I think that I've heard good things from you about them.
    When I was in LA one time I had my makeup done & the make-up person used the same color foundation on me that she uses on her Japanese clients.
    Yeah, I've used Clinique years ago and I just remember I didn't like it. It made me break out. I complained to my friends and they basically had similar reactions. I've also read reviews from other consumers and they've all been negative mostly so I've just stayed away from Clinique.

Korean products can be kinda hard to find when you're in the states (unless you're in larger cities like NYC or LA). I'm not quite sure where you are but if you have like a Chinatown or koreatown nearby they probably carry Korean brand bb creams. The easiest place would be online but you gotta watch out for amazon or eBay because a lot of the Korean bb creams may be fake. I did a lot of research before choosing the right one for me. Most of the creams say they're suitable for all skin types but I there are still differences in the creams. The top brands are missha, dr hart, skin 79, skinfood, étude house...there are many more but those are some of the most reputable ones. Also, Asians tend to favor white skin so many of the bb creams tend to be whitening and their shade selection is kinda limited compared to basic foundations and tinted moisturizers but since you said you are pale I don't think that would be a problem for you. I hope this helps!

I got a "make over" from the local clinique stand, using their redness range.
    So, it supposed to be specifically formulated for red skin, so people that have rosecia & easily irritated skin?

Yeah, I managed to leave it on while I did my shopping but then as soon as I got home had to take it off. It irritated my skin, made it itch and stung too!
    That happened to me once, but with Prescriptives. I was shopping at Macy's before work (God, like over 20 years ago!) and all the pretty, shiny makeup counters stopped me (happens every time). They did a whole makeover and it TOTALLY sucked ... I do a better job than that makeup artist and I don't consider myself any kind of expert on makeup application. I remember being late to work because I sat in the parking lot redoing my makeup before I went in. It was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I loved Clinique products when I was younger. Their Dramatically Different moisturiser was the only thing I could wear on my oily skin. I still use it now occasionally in hot weather or if I just want a light moisturiser. And their Moisture Surge is awesome!
    Clinique was my first foray into higher end cosmetics. I went through a period of hives and huge dry patches after trying Philosophy and I went back to Clinique's sensitive skin skincare trio for awhile while my face healed. I switch skincare lines every few months because I can't find something I love, after many years. I used Lancome's Absolue line for quite awhile with good results but then it just stopped working for me (dull, dry, unevenness).

Anyway, about the original topic ... I've mentioned this in a couple of makeup threads but I use Bye Bye Undereye from IT Cosmetics. I don't use foundation, but the Bye Bye Undereye can be used as a foundation. I've never come across something that hides my seriously dark circles as this does. I also use it under and around the bottom of my nose (broken capillaries) and a couple tiny imperfections. It's amazing. I buy makeup sometimes from QVC and they have an advanced order (5/7) of a new IT product that is supposed to be a powder buffing foundation. I generally use Urban Decay's Razor Sharp finishing powder over my concealor but while I like the look of it, I don't like the sponge applicator. I ordered the new IT powder foundation in the hope that it will be more hydrating and have a better application. It's not on their own site, but you can find it on QVC ... I didn't see the video of the actual product (I have the iPhone app for QVC Beauty and generally just order from there instead of actually watching QVC) but they sold out of a few of the colors already and it just went on sale on Sunday. Here is the link for both of the IT products I mentioned: It Cosmetics — Beauty — QVC.com

I've tried two other products in their line. The no pores finishing powder, which I found very drying on my already dry skin. The brush from that is just heavenly though! And the lipstick stains ... STAY AWAY FROM THE LIPSTICK STAINS!! I bought the trio (which I did actually see on TV) and they change color according to your body chemistry (which was really not explained well during the debut). They looked like really nice berry/neutral shades (anything berry or plum goes well with my cool skin tone), but I tried the two lightest ones and they turned bright orange on me!! I'm going to see if my sister (who got lucky with medium skin with olive undertones) has different results with them.

Korean products can be kinda hard to find when you're in the states (unless you're in larger cities like NYC or LA). I'm not quite sure where you are but if you have like a Chinatown or koreatown nearby they probably carry Korean brand bb creams. The easiest place would be online but you gotta watch out for amazon or eBay because a lot of the Korean bb creams may be fake. I did a lot of research before choosing the right one for me. Most of the creams say they're suitable for all skin types but I there are still differences in the creams. The top brands are missha, dr hart, skin 79, skinfood, étude house...there are many more but those are some of the most reputable ones. Also, Asians tend to favor white skin so many of the bb creams tend to be whitening and their shade selection is kinda limited compared to basic foundations and tinted moisturizers but since you said you are pale I don't think that would be a problem for you. I hope this helps!
    You are a STAR!
    I am nowhere near a big city (& not in the US either) but I had a quickly look at skin79's hot pink & hot orange products, I think that the hot orange is lighter?
    I'll check out those other brands you mention & if you have other any recommendations please do let me know (and feel free to pm me if it doesn't fit with this thread). Thanks for your help!
    Free Charmed.

What is the bb stuff?

Have you tried Cover FX?

It will be completely safe to use, won't irritate your rosacea.
    Rosacea Makeup: Products for Covering Rosacea -Application & Tips - Cover FX

I use it and love it. It was originally created for use in a medical clinic. I worked for them (still kind of do) and it was a product that I actually felt proud to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    Have you tried Cover FX?

It will be completely safe to use, won't irritate your rosacea.
    Rosacea Makeup: Products for Covering Rosacea -Application & Tips - Cover FX

I use it and love it. It was originally created for use in a medical clinic. I worked for them (still kind of do) and it was a product that I actually felt proud to be a part of.
    Not being funny but for over $120, I'll just go barefaced!

Step 1:
    Prep

Skinprep FX

$45.00
    Buy Now

Step 2:
    Cover

Cover FX
    SPF 30

$42.00
    Buy Now

Step 3:
    Set

Setting FX

$32.00
    Buy Now
    Dermablend Foundations, Concealers, Setting Powders, brushes, Makeup Remover, Skincare does the same thing, is loads cheaper & I can use it on my legs too.
    Free Charmed.

^^^ Have you used Dermablend before, Novice? I used their concealer years ago and found it to be so heavy it was hard to blend, so I gave up on it. I've been thinking about using a "body" foundation for my arms this summer (lost a lot of weight and still losing a lot, so I've purchased quite a few tanks and camis for the summer). I have keratosis polaris (chicken skin) and am not sure a foundation would work on my arms since I have red, hard bumps all up and down them.

^^I don't know about the concealer, but I have the vichy dermablend foundation which is awesome. I have the liquid kind, but there's also a heavier version in a tub. I love this foundation. I only need very little, and use it as both a concealer and foundation (mixed with some moisturizer). A drop the size of a pea is enough. I'm still not done with the tube, that I got in 2009 orso. It's not going bad either, at least I'm not noticing a change in the texture or smell. It's a bit expensive, I figure about $25. But it's totally worth it.

You are a STAR!
    I am nowhere near a big city (& not in the US either) but I had a quickly look at skin79's hot pink & hot orange products, I think that the hot orange is lighter?
    I'll check out those other brands you mention & if you have other any recommendations please do let me know (and feel free to pm me if it doesn't fit with this thread). Thanks for your help!

I use Skin79 Hot Pink currently! I've only been using it for a few days but I love it! I did use Missha brand but I have oily skin and I didn't think it controlled my oiliness very well. I've read that the Skin79 is good for oily skin and so far so good. I usually get oily around my nose and t-zone but it's been fine after I started using Skin79. The hot orange is the newest version. It's basically an upgraded version of the hot pink with better UV protection. And yeah it is a bit lighter than the hot pink. I haven't tried that yet but if you do let me know what you think

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ Have you used Dermablend before, Novice? I used their concealer years ago and found it to be so heavy it was hard to blend, so I gave up on it. I've been thinking about using a "body" foundation for my arms this summer (lost a lot of weight and still losing a lot, so I've purchased quite a few tanks and camis for the summer). I have keratosis polaris (chicken skin) and am not sure a foundation would work on my arms since I have red, hard bumps all up and down them.
    Use the Paula's Choice BHA Weightless Body Treatment or one of the liquid salicylic acid toners. It should clear up the red bumps quite quickly.

Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I haven't but I'd rather pay $25 for something that I know will work than $120...
    I have a lot of marks/permanent bruises/whatever on my legs that are very unsightly. I don't wear skirts because of them. I was looking at this for summer but then when I gets warm I have to wear support socks anyways no win!
    I use Skin79 Hot Pink currently! I've only been using it for a few days but I love it! I did use Missha brand but I have oily skin and I didn't think it controlled my oiliness very well. I've read that the Skin79 is good for oily skin and so far so good. I usually get oily around my nose and t-zone but it's been fine after I started using Skin79. The hot orange is the newest version. It's basically an upgraded version of the hot pink with better UV protection. And yeah it is a bit lighter than the hot pink. I haven't tried that yet but if you do let me know what you think
    Ooh! I'll bear that in mind. I have dryish skin (def not oily) so it sounds like we have very different skin types. I think I can get the orange for around £15, which is quite expensive for us so that was why I was asking your opinion

ETA: Thanks for your help, had a look on eBay & found sellers in Korea selling Missha brand in number 13 (which is the palest I've seen). Do you know if there is a specific thing I need to look for to see if its a fake? One seller has their company info up there (which I guess I can google?), they look to be legitimate?
    Last edited by Novice; April 18th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.
    Free Charmed.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information