Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Younique 3D Fiber Lashes

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    This seems great - as I have so short lashes, I might try this out. But the lashes don't feel heavy or anything?

I assume only you sell it only within USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    All I care about with mascara these days is smudging. It seems like every damn one I try gives me raccoon eyes. Can anyone comment on this one with regards to smudging? I suspect it might be good because the gel coat might seal in the product?
    They totally don't feel heavy. I thought I was going to feel like I had spiders on my eyes, but I totally don't. It feels just like regular mascara. There also does not appear to be a lot of smudging problems. There are some issues when you are first learning to use it, and if you blink too hard before it dries you can get it all over, but I have that problem with regular mascara.

I can send to outside of USA, I may charge for shipping. send me your info.

Here is a pic of my using it. I had one eye regular mascara, one eye with the fiber lashes. I have to use this stuff, I look like I have lazy eye without it!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Gorgeous green eyes.

Lol, they're actually blue. My bathroom must have bad lighting!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Here are my results. I washed my face (please excuse the redness!) and then only did one to show the difference. This is 2 light coats. I think I like this (the 2 coats instead of just 1) more. I couldn't find my eyelash comb which probably would have made them look much better. For me, this is such a dramatic difference! My natural lashes are so pale and short! I will be using this stuff from here on out!

ETA: I haven't had any problems at all with smudging, and they don't feel heavy at all either. It feels like regular mascara, except my lashes are so much longer. LOL I can flutter them now!

How is it in the water? Like if I had them on and decided to go in the pool ....

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    Here are my results. I washed my face (please excuse the redness!) and then only did one to show the difference. This is 2 light coats. I think I like this (the 2 coats instead of just 1) more. I couldn't find my eyelash comb which probably would have made them look much better. For me, this is such a dramatic difference! My natural lashes are so pale and short! I will be using this stuff from here on out!

ETA: I haven't had any problems at all with smudging, and they don't feel heavy at all either. It feels like regular mascara, except my lashes are so much longer. LOL I can flutter them now!
    Daring, I haven't tried 2 layers. I'm impressed with just my one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    How is it in the water? Like if I had them on and decided to go in the pool ....
    I hear that it comes out fine after swimming, but I don't swim, so I can't provide testimony to that.

Very huge difference!^
    I imagine using a comb might remove all the fibers.? I comb the heck out of mine. I hate the clumpy look. I usually need many many coats to get the fullness I like w/o looking spidery. Let us know.

Got this stuff, love it! But I do seem to keep getting a fiber in my eye during application, which is annoying. But the effect is worth it, IMO.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

I'm sure you'll get better as you apply it. Do a before and after pic. I love those!
    eeyore0101 likes this.

Got mine a few days ago (thanks so much Louiswinthorpe111!!). I've been on a makeup break for a few weeks but I had to test it out. I put it on one eye before getting in the shower. It was only one coat of fibers and it still looked like I was wearing good quality false lashes, but more natural. Love it!! I wish it came in other colors. I'm blonde, fair skinned with light eyes and I normally wear brown eyeliner and mascara because black, TO ME, looks really harsh with my coloring. It was amazing how after you get the fibers on, you're all, "there's no way this will look good," but the sealant (which to me just looks like regular black mascara but I'm sure there's something else in there) smooths it out so well.
    AquariusMoon likes this.

Nevan, I have blonde hair and blues eyes too. I used to love brown mascara. I can't find it anywhere in any brand. What do you use?

Givenchy's Phenomen Eyes in brown.

Phenomen'Eyes Mascara - Givenchy | Sephora

I've used this for YEARS and it is hands down my fave mascara. They have it in waterproof for black and brown too, but I only wear waterproof if I'm going to be sweaty or at a water park or something. I also have this in black for those rare times that I do glamour makeup for a special event or something and I do a dark smokey eye. My husband *swears* he can't tell the difference if I wear brown or black, but to me, the brown is a distinctly softer look for my coloring. This particular brand and line gets some flack for the weird shaped wand, but I swear those people just haven't worked out the learning curve. To me, it gets EVERY lash in the outer and inner eye pretty easily and there is definite and noticeable lengthening and volumizing if you take the time to put it on correctly. They also have a line called Phenomen Effet (something like that) that tries to do what Younique's mascara/fibers do (it's just one tube; the mascara and fibers are all mixed together). I have several tubes of it, especially two in PURPLE, that Brookie turned me on to. I like that a lot, but after trying Younique's, there's just no comparison. I think we're going to see a lot of copycats in the high end brands with the fibers and sealant; it's THAT cool.

Thanks for that. That really is brown. There is something about the brown that makes my eyes look bluer.
    I've been using IT Cosmetics mascara with that thing on the end. It really does get everything. Love it.

Been using the younique every day for over a week now and love it. It's really easy to use & feels no different that regular mascara. I will definitely buy it again. Thought it would take a relatively long time to apply but it doesn't - very quick. I've been wearing it to work so haven't done more than one coat but it makes my lashes stand out a lot. This is the real deal, y'all.
    sprynkles and AquariusMoon like this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I have that one Sprynkles .... I ordered a kit and the mascara came with it, otherwise I never would have even tried it. I tried it 2-3 times and the effect is similar to the Givenchy one I posted above. I still prefer the Givenchy formula though. I find the IT one a little messy (probably just another learning curve) and it seems to easily clump on me too. IT Cosmetics also only has black. I use their Bye Bye Undereye concealer and it's awesome. Their loose powder illuminator is awesome too. Just enough shimmer, no sparkles and it's very easy to control in the loose powder format.

Sorry, I'm a makeup whore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information