Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worst beauty products

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

L'Oreal Elvive Nutrigloss shampoo. I may as well not have washed my hair as it was heavy, dull and limp after washing with this crap. I don't want to think about what it would have been like if I'd used the conditioner as well.

Maybelline Dream Matt Mousse foundation. It's HEAVY and shows up every single imperfection rather than disguising it and also dried my skin.

Fructis hair gel. Ok, so it was strong hold as I wanted to make sure that the style was going to stay in place - or at least not drop too much - for several hours at an event, but even though I only used a cautious dab it set like concrete. I had a shitty time getting a comb through it in an attempt to soften it up a little and ended up having to re-wash my hair and restyle it with some cheapo no-brand mousse that did the job perfectly.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Worst thing ever was the Avene Eye Cream. I was looking for a cream that relieves under-eye puffiness and moisturizes the eye area because the skin around my eyes was very dry. I also liked the fact it is hypoallergenic even though I was never allergic to anything before.

So it was Saturday night and I decided to try it out over night. I didn't wear any make up this day so I just put it on and went to sleep. It felt a little bit weird...

First thing in the morning? I could barely open my eyes. When I looked into the mirror I thought this has to be a joke: my eyes were so swollen like I had a boxing fight yesterday! I rushed into the hospital and they said it is a allergic reaction. Fortunateley they gave me a nice cream and it was better when I had to have a extremly important presentation on Monday morning.

Hypoallergenic my ass!!!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Fructis hair gel. Ok, so it was strong hold as I wanted to make sure that the style was going to stay in place - or at least not drop too much - for several hours at an event, but even though I only used a cautious dab it set like concrete.

I had the opposite effect with this crap, it made my hair even more limp than without gel.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    There are a gazillion things now for under eye dark circles. Anyone know of one that works? Or at least helps? I think I just need more sleep- bottom line.
    YES!! The miracle product for me is Lancome's Effacernes Undereye Concealer.

It is waterproof and if you do 2 coats (wait a bit between each) it will cover anything. I also use it as an eyeshadow base and usually as my eyeshadow, to lighten my eyes.

Now for the WORST:
    1. Smashbox's new mascara. I HATE hate hate it. It is too thick, clumpy and wet. Like putting black hair gel on your eyelashes.

2. Noxzema. Makes my face feel like I just poured lit gasoline on my face. HATE that stuff.

3. Drugstore tweezers. Really any brand of Tweezers that is NOT Tweezerman. All the other tweezers are a waste of $$$ IMO because the tongs don't come close enough or something and you can't grab anything with them. Totally useless.

I hate the following:

L'oreal smooth intense shampoo and conditioner. It made my hair all limp, and even since I've stopped using it, my hair hasn't recovered

Aveeno Active Naturals Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and this said it leaves your skin naturally soft, smooth, etc. Well, it was so heavily fragranced, and it burned the crap out of my face! There is nothing natural about this stuff.

Vichy Night Cream - smelled like rotting fruit. And it was a really weird, waxy texture. Very gross.

MAC Haute and naughty mascara. I get rings above and below when i blink. I ca't keep my eyes open long enough for it to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    St. Ives' body wash. It leaves a scum layer on your skin no matter how many times you rinse. This is offically my favorite thread.
    OMG! I used the peach(?) scrub & it made my face bleed, in fact I haven't used it in a couple of weeks & my eyes /eyelids are still reacting (& I didn't use it on there it was just in the rinsing off).

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations - I'm going to look into both. I have sensitive but combination skin and I'm acne prone, too, so most sunscreens just make my face freak out.

I'm using that right now in the sensitive and oil free version and I like it. My derm has (strongly) suggested that I should be using more SPF than 15 - and I want to - but I haven't found anything else with SPF that doesn't break me out. The two he suggested - Neutrogena and Clinique - both made my face angry.
    Tell me about it. SPF wreaks havoc with my roseacia however clinique superdrench moisturiser & my skin are bffs. BUT I have very dry sensitive skin with the dreaded rosecia thrown in just to make life interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Here in Australia (the melanoma capital of the world) we have so many choices in sunscreen, but nothing over 30+. My English room mate couldn't understand it when she tried to buy 50+, but I think it's probably because they don't want to encourage people to stay out in the Australian sun longer than 30x their limit. I use a brand called Ego (which I think is available everywhere) and they have roll on tubes including face milk and sports milk (heavy duty) but I wear toddler milk because it's so light and good for sensitive skin. But I have to reapply if I'm out for more than about 30 minutes, even though I have slightly olive skin.
    I gave up & got a hat!!!
    When I have to wear it I used Ambre Soliel toddler SPF 50+ ita knd of moussey...

Mabelline Perfect Match powder & foundation shows all the wrinkles plus it makes my skin sting! Owee!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    OMG! I used the peach(?) scrub & it made my face bleed, in fact I haven't used it in a couple of weeks & my eyes /eyelids are still reacting (& I didn't use it on there it was just in the rinsing off).

Facial scrubs with natural scrubs in them (ie seeds) are AWFUL for your face and should never be used.

You are much, much better off with a scrub that has man-made beads in them. They are perfectly round and soft, so they take off the dead skin without ripping/scraping your skin like the natural scrubs do.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

I've gone back to using a flannel as when I did I had great skin.
    I've had to use my rosecia cream
    This week but with my clinique moisturiser it's back under control.
    Free Charmed.

Cover Girl: Lip Smooth

It slides on like oil and the color is at least two shades lighter than what is indicated.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Stila lipglass. Sticky and a weird scent.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Used Sephora makeup remover Thursday night. Woke up Friday morning looking like I was punched in the face. My left eye was reddish, looked like bruising, and the skin felt dry and kind of hard. Still doesn't feel right. There was swelling right in the morning, but that went away after holding a cold compress on it.

I don't have allergies (that I know of) and definitely don't have sensitive skin. They better let me return it. I'm not paying to use something once and eff up my face.

Had to put two layers of concealer and another layer of foundation over it for my staff Christmas party on Friday and it still showed through (an I can normally cover anything with just 1 layer of my concealer).

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Novice I use a brush to exfoliate my face. Superdrug do one that's nice and soft and really cheap. I have very sensitive problem skin but I'm just fine using this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Olay Everyday Sunshine. Turned my face in an oil slick and made e breakout and it was also too glittery.

Extra Virgin Mineral Make-Up from the Body Shop - looked like a Teen Virgin indeed. But only because of all the *** pimples I got from it. Iiiiiiiks
    -

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information