Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worst beauty products

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    What's a good soap that actually moisturizes. Not for face but for body? Winter's coming up and I get scaly, especially because I can't resist hot showers when it's so cold.
    I have been using Olay Total Effects Body Wash - the Deep Penetrating Moisture one, not the exfoliating one, and I think it moisturizes pretty well.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Just got a sample of Garnier's ultra lift wrinkle cream. I put it on under my eyes a couple of hours ago and its like an oil slick.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    I have been using Olay Total Effects Body Wash - the Deep Penetrating Moisture one, not the exfoliating one, and I think it moisturizes pretty well.
    Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I usually try to buy bar soaps cause I'm cheap like that but I'm gonna have to reconsider cause scaly skin is so gross and reptilian.

Most of Clinique's facial care does not really work for me - that crazy yellow shit has always either made me break out (when I was younger and had zits galore), or now just doesn't get the job done. Anything Maybelline.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I usually try to buy bar soaps cause I'm cheap like that but I'm gonna have to reconsider cause scaly skin is so gross and reptilian.
    One small squirt on a bath puff makes a whole lot of lather...my bottle lasts a pretty long time.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

i used to buy aveeno body wash when i lived in canada. great stuff. i'm really bad about body cream - i remember to use it maybe once every couple of months - and as a result in winter my skin gets all dry and itchy but when i was using aveeno that never happened even in the very cold, very dry, canadian winter.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i used to buy aveeno body wash when i lived in canada. great stuff. i'm really bad about body cream - i remember to use it maybe once every couple of months - and as a result in winter my skin gets all dry and itchy but when i was using aveeno that never happened even in the very cold, very dry, canadian winter.
    My doctor always says use Aveeno,too. Especially if you have sensitive skin. Have you the body cream with shea butter in it? Really good.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Egyptian Magic Cream - overhyped and expensive vaseline.

Oil of Olay Quench made my skin break out but only on my face and arms. My legs were fine but arms and face looked like I had the measles. I'm sure it was the lotion combined with sunlight. Maybelline mascara made my eyes feel like they were being burned by acid. Any kind of Revlon shampoo makes my dandruff exponentially worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ikmccall View Post
    Oil of Olay Quench made my skin break out but only on my face and arms. My legs were fine but arms and face looked like I had the measles. I'm sure it was the lotion combined with sunlight. Maybelline mascara made my eyes feel like they were being burned by acid. Any kind of Revlon shampoo makes my dandruff exponentially worse.
    Same here. I have this huge thing of it I will never use again.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Any products from Maybelline. Their lipsticks are crazy drying, their lip glosses just blah. Their mascara just don't do much.
    **Say Auf Wiedersehen to your NAZI Balls**

There are a gazillion things now for under eye dark circles. Anyone know of one that works? Or at least helps? I think I just need more sleep- bottom line.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    There are a gazillion things now for under eye dark circles. Anyone know of one that works? Or at least helps? I think I just need more sleep- bottom line.
    Oh man, if there were some miracle product, I'd pay a buttload for it. There used to be a company called Reflect.com where you could customize your products. They also sold these sticky things you put under your eyes for about 20 minutes and they WORKED amazingly and instantly, as if you sold your soul to the devil. But the company folded.

My nominee for bad products are any eye-makeup removers that aren't oil-free. Oiled up eyes are not cool.

As for bar soap, don't you guys have access to locally-made ones in some of the higher end grocery stores, markets, etc.? Just get some made with shea butter, pure vegetable and essential oils. All-natural without sulfates, parabens, weird additives and fragrances is way better for your skin IMO.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I don't even use soap on my skin (except for washing my hands, of course). The reason for showering is to get off excess oils, which water already dries out the skin. I don't see the reason to use soap if plain old water is already doing the job. I usually use Gold Bond lotion with SPF 15, but when I went to Target they were out so I settled for Eucerin. This stuff is so incredibly greasy I have to wash my hands after using it, and it has a bad medicinal smell to it.

Maybelline products suck, the only one I use is their mascara but I'm switching it when I'm done with the bottle because all it does is clump my eyelashes together. Their worst product is their nail polish, though. It streaks and bubbles.

I love OLAY products for my face, but other than that I don't use their lotion. I tried the Quelch, but it had those sparkles in it which I HATE. Adding sparkles doesn't make my skin look like it's shimmering, it just looks stupid. It may as well be body glitter.

Covergirl sucks, their foudation doesn't cover a thing on me.

I like Revlon's eyeliner, but everyeyeshadow I've used has barely shown up on my skin.

TRE Semmé sucks, imo. My hair feels like straw when I use it, even if I use the "moisturizing" kind.

Aveeno facial sunblock is so greasy on me. I don't care that it says oil free, the shit makes my face a grease pit and break out in less than a day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information