Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worst beauty products

John Frieda's color glazes also suck ass. They're messy, make my hair feel like straw, and don't gloss or glaze or do anything really.

Clinique's Dramatically Different yellow lotion. The gel version is ok, but that lotion is a disaster.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Vouch for the JF color glazes. They do suck. My mom was so pissed because it stained her bath tub too.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I've loved Great Lash for years, and probably always will. However, I prefer Voluminous or Mary Kay's mascara. They're just better and last longer.

My bad products: NOT in love with Mary Kay lip line reducer. It really doesn't do a damn thing, including keeping lipstick from feathering. Just rub a warm melted candle on your lips--you'll get better results.

Crest 3-D toothpaste. It's not a bit better than any other "whitening" toothpaste. I can tell no difference at all between 4 months ago and now. None. My son likes it and insists he can tell a difference, but he can't and neither can I (looking at his teefs). But if keeps buying it, I don't care if we use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post

Clinique's Dramatically Different yellow lotion.
    yes. for years they were pimping it out to everyone and it kept getting all these write-ups in the press but i tried a sample i got once for a few days and it made my skin oily and irritated.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

ob Tampons - can't insert them!!

The Waterproof version of L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara - the regular one is great, but the waterproof one is like running a glue stick over your lashes the way it makes them clump.

Anything scented. Can't stand scented shampoo, body lotion, even perfume. I'm a little too sensitive to smell.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I dunno if it counts, but Dove soap. THAT SHIT DRIES MY SKIN OUT. 1/4 moisturizing cream MY FAT ASS.

The only thing worse is that Jergens shit. Holy fuckballs, that's like the Sahara desert in bar form. Strips every last ounce of oil out of your face so it feels tight like parchment.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

St. Ives' body wash. It leaves a scum layer on your skin no matter how many times you rinse. This is offically my favorite thread.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I dunno if it counts, but Dove soap. THAT SHIT DRIES MY SKIN OUT. 1/4 moisturizing cream MY FAT ASS.

The only thing worse is that Jergens shit. Holy fuckballs, that's like the Sahara desert in bar form. Strips every last ounce of oil out of your face so it feels tight like parchment.
    You use soap on your face? I thought that was a big no-no. I use a cleansing scrub once a week, the rest of the time I use an old rough face washer under the shower and no products whatsoever.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I used to growing up, now I use non soap based cleansers that only remove excess oil. Best thing I ever did.

Hell, i don't even use shampoo anymore. Using shampoo gave me dandruff, so i just slop some of that non-soap based cleanser on it and it just removes the excess, leaving the scalp still moisturized.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Dove soap is awful. (As is any soap, for your face.) But Dove really sucks. My skin used to shriek when I used it, if I was out of cleanser. Therefore, I am never, ever out of cleanser.

Ivory soap. Blistered my skin -pure alright. Pure trash.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What's a good soap that actually moisturizes. Not for face but for body? Winter's coming up and I get scaly, especially because I can't resist hot showers when it's so cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    What's a good soap that actually moisturizes. Not for face but for body? Winter's coming up and I get scaly, especially because I can't resist hot showers when it's so cold.
    I use a creamy body wash instead of a bar soap, b/c I feel like it's more moisturizing. I have really sensitive skin, so I use the Dove sensitive skin body wash and I'm ok with it. Most brands just don't have a sensitive skin forumla, but I think Aveeno might - I've never tried it, though.

Piss poor product: Clinique eye shadows. Very little color payoff and pigment for me and my skin is REALLY pale.

Vouch for the dislike of Clinique's Dramatically Different yellow lotion. It's still going strong after all these years as are all the other so-called steps in that range.

I also dislike Maybelline's Great Lash mascara.

And while Mac lipliners are fine when you first put them on, they don't last and they are overpriced. What is a good lip liner? I find a lot of them are scratchy and the pigment is terrible.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information