Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wen Hair Products - anyone using?

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I have thick,straight hair that is oily. I am dying to try it,but know full well what would happen! OMG.
    Curly people have all the fun.
    I agree, even though they sometimes don't think so.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I used it for awhile, and have thick straight hair. My hair looked INCREDIBLE for the first few weeks. Then it all went downhill. It would just buildup like crazy and never felt clean. I kept it to use as an occasional deep conditioner, but I'm back to traditional salon shampoo/conditioner (use Redken color protect shampoo, intense moisture conditioner).

I havent tried the Wen brand, but I've used a very similar no lather type line and it was weird. I have thick hair to the middle of my back and I had to use so much to get it clean. I didnt notice a difference. At $70 a bottle, I went back to my Biolage.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Me too ,I'm still searching for the allusive "perfect combo " for my curly hair
    What scent did you get ?
    *not proud* I got 3 bottles.... the fig, the sweet almond mint & the summer mango whatever...
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I used it for awhile, and have thick straight hair. My hair looked INCREDIBLE for the first few weeks. Then it all went downhill. It would just buildup like crazy and never felt clean. I kept it to use as an occasional deep conditioner, but I'm back to traditional salon shampoo/conditioner (use Redken color protect shampoo, intense moisture conditioner).
    Some of the reviews I've read said that when that happens, (and apparently it will happen like every 3 weeks or so) just use your old shampoo once and then the next day, go back to the Wen. I'ma give it a shot & get back to y'all. Mine should be in today so...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Ok, last night I used the Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner (or whatver they call this shit). It DID seem like an ungodly amount of product to put in your hair... No way in hell did I put their suggested amount (like 40 fecking pumps!) in my hair. I probably did use about 15 and did massage it in for a while and then shaved my legs whilst I waited on the product to do it's thang. Rinsed, added a pump or so for the leave-in and was done. Next time I do it, I'm going to TRY to follow the suggested instructions... my hair doesn't look bad (but I'm one of those people who's hair NEVER does) but I'll be curious to see if there's a difference. My hair feels good and looks good and truthfully, the ends don't look as dry. But that's about the only difference I can see.

There you go, McJag!
    McJag likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

^^I want to try it so I'll follow your updates I used to have the same kind of hair, it never looked bad. Now, post baby, it looks like crap.

OK! This is sounding promising. How did it do in the humidity?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Still looks good and I went out for lunch. I do have a hair appointment today so Ima talk with my girl about it and see what she thinks. Plus, she'll straighten it so I won't wash it for a couple days for sure - that's usually the only times I can go without washing my hair. But my hair is weird because if I TRY to fix it, it looks like shit. So, I typically wash it at night, go to bed with it wet, wake up and GO. Do not even brush because if i do, its a frizzy fly-away, nappy ass mess! I think Im part black girl... or my hair is operating under that idea anyway.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I am speechless. THAT is all you have to do? No wonder Mother always wished we had curls.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I picked this shiz up at Sephora last weekend after I had two people there tell me it worked wonders on their hair (one was an Asian girl with finer hair and the other was mixed race with really tight curls; the latter was awesome, she was all "girl, I have everything in my family tree and this stuff works!" ha ha). So I was sold and decided to give it a go.

My own hair is the thick, wavy stuff that is pissing me off with the frizz lately. I decided to give Wen a try and right away noticed that after the first wash, my hair felt really stripped clean which is what I was told would happen. You do use lots of shampoo for sure. And you have to rinse the shit out of your hair or you will get the gribblies. Anyways, I got a little kit that was Sweet Almond and came with a mask, which I also used for about 30 mins.

I'm almost a week in of using it and I guess all that I have really noticed is that my hair definitely doesn't seem as oily after not washing it for a day. The friziness has toned down a bit too (but not at all to the extend the commercial would imply). I guess I'm not sure what to realistically expect, but I'll use it all up and see if there's any real difference. It's definitely more time consuming to use than regular stuff.

I almost think if anything, it would be great to use once in a while just to completely strip the hair of product build up. I've tried clarifying shampoos but they don't seem to work quite as well.

I think I may try a bottle from Sephora , I just dyed my hair less than two weeks ago and its really faded and I rarely shampoo my hair , I am glad to hear that you can get it to work without using the insane amount of pumps it suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester Pam View Post
    I picked this shiz up at Sephora last weekend after I had two people there tell me it worked wonders on their hair (one was an Asian girl with finer hair and the other was mixed race with really tight curls; the latter was awesome, she was all "girl, I have everything in my family tree and this stuff works!" ha ha). So I was sold and decided to give it a go.

My own hair is the thick, wavy stuff that is pissing me off with the frizz lately. I decided to give Wen a try and right away noticed that after the first wash, my hair felt really stripped clean which is what I was told would happen. You do use lots of shampoo for sure. And you have to rinse the shit out of your hair or you will get the gribblies. Anyways, I got a little kit that was Sweet Almond and came with a mask, which I also used for about 30 mins.

I'm almost a week in of using it and I guess all that I have really noticed is that my hair definitely doesn't seem as oily after not washing it for a day. The friziness has toned down a bit too (but not at all to the extend the commercial would imply). I guess I'm not sure what to realistically expect, but I'll use it all up and see if there's any real difference. It's definitely more time consuming to use than regular stuff.

I almost think if anything, it would be great to use once in a while just to completely strip the hair of product build up. I've tried clarifying shampoos but they don't seem to work quite as well.
    Supposedly, for your type of hair (which sounds similar to mine), the best kind of Wen is the Fig & the Lavender scented ones. Now, I personally have the fig and it doesn't smell that great but.... after having used the product 3 times, my hair does feel lighter and bouncier and it actually feels softer and better... Since I don't care for the smell of the fig cleanser, I use the fig cleanser to recommended two cleaning cycles but then I use the Sweet Almond Mint or the Mango Coconut as the leave in conditioner - that way my hair doesn't smell of the fig ... well, not TOO much.

So far, I'm liking it. It is time consuming but ... it seems somewhat worth it.
    McJag likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Mel, any updates? I'm about ready to try it and I want to see how it worked.

Oh hell, I forgot about this thread. I wound up giving mine to my niece. She came over, discovered it in my shower one night and fell in love with it. With my hair, the length it is and given how thick it is, it would take about 80 pumps of Wen to work for me. So, I can't recommend it. If you're going to try it, just order a bottle on Amazon and that way, you won't have to deal with those dicks at Wen constantly wanting to send you MORE of their shit!
    Brookie likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

^^OK, makes sense. I've got a lot of hair and it's pretty long, so I'm guessing it will be the same for me. I'll skip it. Thanks, Mel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information