Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRESemme hair products: So good or no good?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    My colourist says Pantene is the bane of her life. The silicone coats the hair to make it took shiny and "healthy" like in the ads but it really interferes with the colouring process and weighs the hair down. It might look great immediately after you wash it but the next day it's dull and greasy looking.

I use L'Oreal Kerastase products. I know they are more expensive but you don't need to use very much and I can get away with washing my hair every other day if necessary.
    I have never tried the L'Oreal Kerastase products. I'll have to give them a try.

I totally agree with the Pantene weighing the hair down, mine was like that, shiny but heavy. And had to wash it every day.

After using the TreSemme for a few days I got up this morning and I totally could have not bothered washing it. It felt clean, light and not scrungy feeling. Mucho surprised.
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

bad shit. i'm on it
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I've been using TresSemme Straightening Gel; I usually let my hair air-dry, and it has been leaving it surprisingly smooth, shiny and soft. I've tried many other products, including CHI Straight Guard, and none have worked as well as this so far.

My colourist says Pantene is the bane of her life. The silicone coats the hair to make it took shiny and "healthy" like in the ads but it really interferes with the colouring process and weighs the hair down. It might look great immediately after you wash it but the next day it's dull and greasy looking.
    i have greasy hair to begin with. if i use pantene, it's dull and greasy looking hours after i shampoo.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've tried TRESemme quite a few times, and never had good results. The conditioner just isn't thick/heavy enough for my hair or something. My favorite is Aussie, it works beautifully for me.

I think their shampoo smells quite delicious.

I took the websites little hair quiz, and they recommend
    (among other things) this gel:

So Sleek extra hold Defrizzing Gel

So, I guess I'll have to look for it next time I go shopping...

I have totally crapola hair (it's fine and tends to be really greasy) and whenever I've used Tresemme I've been really pleased. It smells good and leaves my hair looking lovely and clean.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I've been using TresSemme Straightening Gel; I usually let my hair air-dry, and it has been leaving it surprisingly smooth, shiny and soft. I've tried many other products, including CHI Straight Guard, and none have worked as well as this so far.

I'm going to give this a try. Right now I'm using Sunsilk Straighten Up. I makes my hair soft but wonder how much heat protection is in it. I usually wash my hair at night, air dry it then a light iron in the morning.

I tried using the TRESemme conditioner, but it made my hair greasy and blah. I was surprised, because I had heard very good things about TRESemme.
    Who says being second best is such a bad thing?

I got those mega bottles of Tresemme from Costco and the tiny opening got clogged and without attacking the bottle, I couldn't get half of the conditioner out.

I have to give kudos to Tresemme's PR department, as I found out about a freebie Tresemme was offering on a freebie site that I visit (I'm like the birds, cheep, cheep! and love my freebies)

Within the week, a UPS guy showed up at my door with a box from Tresemme. It contained two full-sized bottles each of shampoo and conditioner.

I tried it, and I wasn't that impressed.

That being said, you have to know how to treat your hair, depending on the consistency and texture of it.

Did you know that you should never apply more shampoo than your wet hair weighs? I know I'm not describing it well, but use shampoo sparingly.

Another thing that some people do is they apply their shampoo and rub their scalps and wet hair with it like crazy. Don't do it. Gently work the shampoo in your hair, but let your hair lie flat and don't rub it in too much.

Coat your hair with the shampoo, pat it down and rinse.

Never, ever brush your hair when it is wet. Use a wide-toothed comb if you want to comb it.

OMG! I had a hair disaster the other day! I have this Aussie spray gel, and I spritzed too much into my hair. My hair is long and it's baby-fine and delicate.

I couldn't get a brush or comb through my hair afterwards to save my life, my hair was so stiff!

It's aussome all right! I had to rinse it out of my hair because I didn't know how much to use!

I must have been using the wrong thing because the Tresemme I used FRIED my hair into a tangled straw mat. And I don't have dry hair. Pantene is full of silicone and other byproducts that clog up your hair. I think it's a cunning plan to force people to wash their hair once or twice a day.
    Not just you, it did the same to me when i first used it (20 yrs ago).
    Pantene is shit. I like to wash my hair every 3 or 4 days, not every day....

LOL! We must share a hairdresser! Mine says the same thing.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I got those mega bottles of Tresemme from Costco and the tiny opening got clogged and without attacking the bottle, I couldn't get half of the conditioner out.
    that happened to me too. plus i have tiny hands, so it was difficult for me to pick it up in the shower.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I didn't like Tresemme either, I found it really drying, and it made my hair frizz.

My hair gets washed maybe 3 times a week, sometimes with a dry shampoo between washes, but I either use Lush products, or my new Fave - YesToCarrots, which is quite cheap too. But then I love anything with Dead Sea ingredients in it.

Yet my mum uses Tresemme without any issues, so I guess it depends on the type of hair you have to begin with.
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information