7 3.10%
  • Some other method

14 6.19%
  • I'm a guy

1 0.44%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tampons versus sanitary pads

fgg

unfortunately, i have to use both at the same time. i use tampax super plus and kotex overnights. i can only use kotex because other brands irritate my skin.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    ^Do the thin pads hold more fluid than they used to?
    I'd say that they were actually more absorbant and leak-proof than the old fashioned "wedges" that I used to have to get as a teenager. I get the Always brand and they do the job just fine.

Bronze Member

Pads all the way. I'm too paranoid to use tampons since a friend of mine (with light flows) has had biiiig accidents with them a couple of times. I'd have to use a pad with them anyway just to be sure so there really isn't a point to use a tampon. The only time I use tampons are during sports. If I have periods, I usually just avoid swimming etc.

Are we in the 21st century??? I cannot belive this pad stuff!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Are we in the 21st century??? I cannot belive this pad stuff!
    What can't you believe about it?

Tampons may be brilliant for a lot of people but they just don't suit some of us. When I use them the stomach cramps and back pain that I get are so awful that I actually end up really nauseous through it. I've tried lot of different brands, lot of different absorbancies and sizes and they just make an already unpleasant time much, much worse. It just isn't worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    What can't you believe about it?

Tampons may be brilliant for a lot of people but they just don't suit some of us. When I use them the stomach cramps and back pain that I get are so awful that I actually end up really nauseous through it. I've tried lot of different brands, lot of different absorbancies and sizes and they just make an already unpleasant time much, much worse. It just isn't worth it for me.
    Pads are barbaric IMO. Could be u r doin' it wrong! Really-get a free sample of the OB ones -I posted it a couple of pages back. Just try those-invented by a woman.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Pads all the way. They irritate my skin less then tampons. Toxic shock is much easier to get with tampons.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin69 View Post
    Pads all the way. They irritate my skin less then tampons. Toxic shock is much easier to get with tampons.
    Yes-if you leave one in over 8 hours. Funny,of all the women I've known not ONE ever got toxic shock. None.
    Last edited by McJag; March 13th, 2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: missing c

Yes-if you leave one in over 8 hours. Funny,of all the women I've known not ONE ever got toxix shock. None.

I have never known anyone who has gotten it either. It is EXTREMELY rare, people!

As for me, tampons all the way. With a pad I feel like i'm wearing a diaper. : (

Actually, I have known two woman who had toxic shock, which is why I'm cautious. But it is very rare.
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

A*O

Tampons since forever. But not the Tampax type with the tube - they leak after 10 minutes. Pads for backup at night if it's the period from hell.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Pads for me. I hate tampons. They make my cramps worse.

Pads are barbaric IMO. Could be u r doin' it wrong! Really-get a free sample of the OB ones -I posted it a couple of pages back. Just try those-invented by a woman.
    Seriously, I've tried and tried over the years, and they just don't work for me. I even asked my doctor about it during a women's health check-up and she said its just one of those things about everyone being built differently - most women can but some can't.

Edit to add: I'm in the UK. I don't think we can get OB tampons here.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

We should just sequester our bloody snatches in huts and knit hats for the homeless while sitting on straw mats.

I vote for OB here. I will say there have been times where they kind of ended up at a fucked up angle and I hate to start over again which sucks. When I first started I didn't really have anyone there to talk to about it so I just had to figure it out. I remember one time being screamed at because I was going through tampons too quickly... thanks mom, I think I'm bleeding to death but okay.

I could never use those tampax ones where the applicator didn't cover the whole thing and they just got longer... fucking horrible. I used platex portables; those were good. They open up the same way OB does. Whether it is tampon or pad I just get evil cramps the first day or so and practically die from blood loss (exaggeration) Aleve is the only thing that works for me but I'm not above throwing in some narcos just for fun!

There are times when I have used a pad for back up or post abortion and I like the thin always or kotex with wings... woohoo I'm bleeding and I can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Seriously, I've tried and tried over the years, and they just don't work for me. I even asked my doctor about it during a women's health check-up and she said its just one of those things about everyone being built differently - most women can but some can't.

Edit to add: I'm in the UK. I don't think we can get OB tampons here.
    You are right! I just checked their website & you can get them in Italy,Denmark,Isreal,Belgium etc-wonder why NOT UK??

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information