7 3.10%
  • Some other method

14 6.19%
  • I'm a guy

1 0.44%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampons versus sanitary pads

Default Re: Tampons versus Sanitary towels

Maybe they don't ship directly to Switzerland unless you're a wholesaler?

I had the mooncup shipped from the UK and even with converting the poundage, the price was comparable.

By the way, the diva cup and mooncup are both kind of progression from the keeper, which I wouldn't want because it's rubber, not the solid silicone of the new ones.

And btw - you boil them between periods to sterilize (rest of the time just wash in liquid soap). Remember to keep an eye on them. I melted my first one because I forgot to set a timer and got distracted! Grrr! But I can laugh at my own stupidity.

I don't feel them when they're in. I feel tampons and pads more. And I go to the handicapped stall when emptying when I'm in a public restroom.

Silver Member

Diapers come to mind when I thing of pads... LOL

I like tampons.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Pads all the way! Mine are so thin I don't even know they're there.

I dont like Tampons; I'll wear them if I have to, but i find them awkward and I'm always worried that something will go wrong.

At least with pads, you can't go too wrong. I wont wear a pad with jeans or tight pants though; no way. So I usually dont wear pants when I have my time of the month. Skirts are way more comfortable. Plus, I had a very unfortunate leaking accident with pants when I was younger.

Sometimes I really hate being a girl!!

OB tampons are the best. They fit best, they're small, but incredibly absorbent. Plastic applicators are way too much packaging for my taste.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melzawelza View Post
    tampons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pads ONLY at night.

pads make me want to vomit seriously, they stink, they look horrible, theyre uncomfortable, they shift and move around.... the list is endless! i hate hate hate them!
    I completely agree! I find Playtex better than Tampax Pearl. I think Tampax expands more sideways, and Playtex expands all around.

Tampax Pearls for me too.
    debauched.

Elite Member

I hate periods. It's my dread every month. What did my ex use to say: "Never trust anything that can bleed for 7 days and not die"...haha! He may have been on to something because I feel totally out of sorts the few days before my period. My back hurts, my legs hurt, I feel so fatigued. The last thing I need is a damn pillow between my legs. Tampons with pantyliner backup all the way. If they would offer a tranquilizer to knock me out for 3 or 4 days during that time, I'd take that too!

I just can't tolerate tampons. they are uncomfortable for me and I've tried all kinds. I have a light flow, so I just use the thin maxi pads and it's not that bad.
    I hate having periods! I curse and get so mad every month that I have to go through this. I never wanted kids, so why should I have to be put through the hell!

I've been on my period for 41 years now, and expect more years of this. My Mom didn't have menopause until she was 57 and my OB-GYN said to expect the same. Add me to the group that is afraid of toxic shock syndrome, back in the 70s a company called Rely sent everybody a free one in the mail, it was supposed to be super duper leave it in forever and that's when everybody started getting toxic shock. My Mom got a fever and was quite ill and that was enough for me. Plus I was born was something called a vaginal septum, which was a band of flesh that went from one side of the vagina to the other, and one time the string of the tampax got totally wound around the damn thing and I couldn't get it out! A freakin nightmare. Years later I finally had it surgically removed.

Men, they don't know what we go through do they.

Tampons

I used pads during the first few months because i was afraid of "putting stuff in there". But pads are so uncomfortable, like wearing a wet diaper all day

Silver Member

Here's a question: Is there any way to get rid of your damn period for good? Of course, other than not eating enough, not trying to go that route. It's SOOOO unnecessary for women who don't want to have kids; at least most women can be happy that they it symbolizes the ability to bear kids lol.

Elite Member

I agree. I hate it when you hear women who are on the Pill say "I don't have any problems during the month". Yeah, because you're on the pill!! No acne, no bloating, no cramps, light flow...of course it's a piece of cake, you have to take artificial hormones to keep all those things at bay. But for people who don't take anything and the natural process takes it's course on the female body every month, it DOES suck. I'm sure a lot of women who are on the Pill now remember that feeling. But I refuse to get on the Pill for the next 14 or 15 years in order not to get PMS.

Yeah, men are lucky in some respects...lol

I prefer pads. I am only extremely light with my periods and they usually only go for 2 days maybe 3 at the most.

I'm a Kotex girl. Damn this character limit! I'm a Kotex girl. I'm a Kotex girl. Now is that enough characters?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information