• I don't have periods

7 3.10%
  • Some other method

14 6.19%
  • I'm a guy

1 0.44%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Tampons versus sanitary pads

OT.. but I was working the ER one night when a young married couple(who were from a strict religious group) came in because the had a vibrator stuck in his ass..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Little Detroit

I can't wear tampons very often. They hurt me and make my cramps a million times worse.

Elite Member

Default re

I was horrified.. granted I didn't have to go to the gyno to discover it.. but still.. imagine if I hadn't "found" it..
    My fear is that I will become so senile by the time I am in full menopause that I won't remember that I have a tampon in there.

Evading P6 & P7

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Just a little random story, my mom and aunts grew up with my very prim and proper grandmother.. she never touched the hot issues like sex or the birds and the bees.. stuff that isn't a huge deal nowadays but in her mind it's completely inappropriate to talk about. Well, my mom and aunts kind of had to teach each other these things... and my aunt told me that the day she got her period her sisters gave her a tampon and gave her a basic idea of how to use it and assumed she'd figure it out. They left her in the bathroom and went to the dinner table and she followed them when she was done doing her thing. She hadn't realized that the applicator is meant to be removed so she had just jammed it up there and hadn't taken it out.. and when she sat down she said she got the shock of her life.
    And Penny - how did you get my story? I still feel like an ass (30 years later) esp. after I read the directions.

Land Down Under

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    I can't stand pads, even though they are a lot smaller than they used to be I always feel like I am wearing a nappy. I would never wear one during the day because I'd be suffering from paranoia of people seeing it, or god forbid - hearing it rustle!
    And that's why I stopped using them. Tampons freaked me out when I was younger, but then I started training and competing in surf sports - I couldn't tell my entire boat crew I couldn't train one week out of every month, I had to use tampons! Once I realised how easy they were to use, I switched to them and have never looked back.

I use the big night time pads for nights, but other than that, all tampons.

Land Down Under

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I agree. I hate it when you hear women who are on the Pill say "I don't have any problems during the month". Yeah, because you're on the pill!! No acne, no bloating, no cramps, light flow...of course it's a piece of cake, you have to take artificial hormones to keep all those things at bay. But for people who don't take anything and the natural process takes it's course on the female body every month, it DOES suck. I'm sure a lot of women who are on the Pill now remember that feeling. But I refuse to get on the Pill for the next 14 or 15 years in order not to get PMS.

Yeah, men are lucky in some
    Not necessarily - I"m on the pill and still get the acne, the bloating, the cramps. I don't get the latter as much as I did before I went on the pill (the whole reason I went on the pill at 16 was that I went to my doctor and said "Look, I'm sick of taking a sick day at least once a month because my period pain is so bad I can't even stand up!")

It's not as bad, but it's definitely still there!

(And yeah, men get it easy. Pricks!)

in dah nile:]

I've always used pads and always will. Tried tampons once and it was a mess. Plus, I don't mind them. I change them very frequently so that it doesn't feel so wet and gross.
    Last edited by oltifreakinbaby; July 24th, 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information