7 3.10%
  • Some other method

14 6.19%
  • I'm a guy

1 0.44%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tampons versus sanitary pads

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Are we in the 21st century??? I cannot belive this pad stuff!
    *beats McJag upside the head with a pad* Personal choice damn it! Let people have their freedom.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    *beats McJag upside the head with a pad* Personal choice damn it! Let people have their freedom.
    Nope. I think they should all give it another try.Ugh! I am strongly pro-choice,but I hate to see women put up with unnecessary muss & fuss-like they don't have enough to worry about. We don't do anything else like our grandmothers did,what with the washing machine & all...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

McJag, I do enjoy your posts, but please! I've tried! And tried and tried and tried! I've been blobbing since I was barely eleven and I'm 34 now and I've tried applicator and non applicator, silky covers and standard, regular and weeny ones designed for teenagers. I even paid out for some damn organic ones once just in case it was some chemical that was used in the making of standard tampons that was causing it and still, within half an hour I was doubled over. I really hate having a peroid and the general yuck-factor involved and would love the clean, splodge-free option of tampons but my body just hates them. I've tried and given away enough different brands and types to soak up the contents of a fair sized paddling pool! Could it just be down to the way I am built? Because when I last had a smear test done they commented that my cervix was tilted (??) which made it slightly more difficult to take the swab. And FWIW, I get mild cramps for an hour or so afterwards whenever I've been in for that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    McJag, I do enjoy your posts, but please! I've tried! And tried and tried and tried! I've been blobbing since I was barely eleven and I'm 34 now and I've tried applicator and non applicator, silky covers and standard, regular and weeny ones designed for teenagers. I even paid out for some damn organic ones once just in case it was some chemical that was used in the making of standard tampons that was causing it and still, within half an hour I was doubled over. I really hate having a peroid and the general yuck-factor involved and would love the clean, splodge-free option of tampons but my body just hates them. I've tried and given away enough different brands and types to soak up the contents of a fair sized paddling pool! Could it just be down to the way I am built? Because when I last had a smear test done they commented that my cervix was tilted (??) which made it slightly more difficult to take the swab. And FWIW, I get mild cramps for an hour or so afterwards whenever I've been in for that, too.
    OK-YOU are exempt. You really tried & can't even get O.B. ones over there. You are at a disadvantage & I sympathize. Must be the tilted cervix. Now,for the rest of you! Never!

Note: I wonder if that is what Boogs has,too. I wonder if that is more common that thought & if there is a solution. That is not fair!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well Mc Jag - let me make you happy. I've been using O.B. tampons for the last 20 years and they are so comfortable and easy. I really have a tough time using anything else. I hate wearing pads - I feel like I'm sitting on a wet diaper.

I'll be glad when all this nonsense is over with in few years. Bring on menopause!

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Well Mc Jag - let me make you happy. I've been using O.B. tampons for the last 20 years and they are so comfortable and easy. I really have a tough time using anything else. I hate wearing pads - I feel like I'm sitting on a wet diaper.

I'll be glad when all this nonsense is over with in few years. Bring on menopause!
    Yea,Quazar!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OK-YOU are exempt. You really tried & can't even get O.B. ones over there. You are at a disadvantage & I sympathize. Must be the tilted cervix. Now,for the rest of you! Never!

Note: I wonder if that is what Boogs has,too. I wonder if that is more common that thought & if there is a solution. That is not fair!
    Nope, my uterus, cervix, and assorted other lady bits are in the right place in the right directions. I have just had gnarly periods since my first one. I used to miss school all the time, because I couldn't even stand up, because of cramps. I was even tested for endometreosis, and didn't have it.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Nope, my uterus, cervix, and assorted other lady bits are in the right place in the right directions. I have just had gnarly periods since my first one. I used to miss school all the time, because I couldn't even stand up, because of cramps. I was even tested for endometreosis, and didn't have it.
    Seriously, wtf causes that shit? I'm the same way and I generally have a high tolerance for pain. It's so bad my stomach gets upset and I vomit and other things.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    unfortunately, i have to use both at the same time. i use tampax super plus and kotex overnights. i can only use kotex because other brands irritate my skin.
    If you need lots of protection, Playtex gentle glide has a new tampon called Playtex Gentle Glide Ultra, which is the most absorbent tampon on the market, holding 3 more grams of fluid than all the super plus tampons. Plus, it's the same price as the others.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member

Count me in on those of us from the dark ages. I only have used a tampon a handful of times. I hate them. Pads have never phased me a bit. I don't feel them at all. They never slip and I don't have accidents.

Please don't pick on me McJag

This will give you a clue how old I am...I remember my mom having "the talk" with me about my period when I was about 10. She told me that she better pick up a belt and some pads for me just in case. I was horrified. A belt? WTF? Fortunately, by the time I got my period, they had adhesive on them.

I also remember being horrified when my mom would buy them and put them on the stairs to go up to the bathroom. I would be mortified if my dad walked past them before I could get them upstairs -- Like he didn't know I had my period. I think she did it on purpose... hee, hee.

*sigh*

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Count me in on those of us from the dark ages. I only have used a tampon a handful of times. I hate them. Pads have never phased me a bit. I don't feel them at all. They never slip and I don't have accidents.

Please don't pick on me McJag

This will give you a clue how old I am...I remember my mom having "the talk" with me about my period when I was about 10. She told me that she better pick up a belt and some pads for me just in case. I was horrified. A belt? WTF? Fortunately, by the time I got my period, they had adhesive on them.

I also remember being horrified when my mom would buy them and put them on the stairs to go up to the bathroom. I would be mortified if my dad walked past them before I could get them upstairs -- Like he didn't know I had my period. I think she did it on purpose... hee, hee.
    I never thought about what pads were like before there was adhesive. Using a belt must've been difficult.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    If you need lots of protection, Playtex gentle glide has a new tampon called Playtex Gentle Glide Ultra, which is the most absorbent tampon on the market, holding 3 more grams of fluid than all the super plus tampons. Plus, it's the same price as the others.
    thanks for the tip, i'll try them next time.

Just a little random story, my mom and aunts grew up with my very prim and proper grandmother.. she never touched the hot issues like sex or the birds and the bees.. stuff that isn't a huge deal nowadays but in her mind it's completely inappropriate to talk about. Well, my mom and aunts kind of had to teach each other these things... and my aunt told me that the day she got her period her sisters gave her a tampon and gave her a basic idea of how to use it and assumed she'd figure it out. They left her in the bathroom and went to the dinner table and she followed them when she was done doing her thing. She hadn't realized that the applicator is meant to be removed so she had just jammed it up there and hadn't taken it out.. and when she sat down she said she got the shock of her life... it would have probably been a lot less painful and embarrassing to just ask my grandma for help lol. I just thought that was funny... my aunt told me that story the day I got my period and went hysterical about the prospect of dealing with bloody coochies for the rest of my life.

I had one friend that went to her GYN because something was just not right. She was mortified when he discovered a left over tampon!
    She said the worst part was having to pay money for her own stupidity!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information