Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

^^
    i love that nail polish!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Macadamia Natural Oil Reviving Curl Cream

A great help keeping my curly hair well-defined and soft
    I live out my dreams...

Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye

I absolutely love this stuff, even though I haven't bought any for myself (lucked out working in cosmetics, was given it).
    I used Sephora makeup remover the other day, when I woke up I looked like I had been punched in the face. The skin was very dry too. I just went without makeup saturday and sunday to give the skin time to heal. Sunday night, it just felt so dry and awful that I started digging though my products to look for something really moisturizing.
    Luckily, I found a little sample tube of Prevage that I didn't know I had. Used that on the spots I had the reaction just before I went to bed.

Every little bit of redness and dry skin was gone when I woke up. It went from patchy, read, and hard to perfectly soft and back to normal in just one night.

body shop sink in range is really good for dry skin, the pink bottles with vitamin e. especially the sink in mask is awesome and that super moisturizing cream. they are good.

body shop that really light foundation thats in a powder form, ive got quite good skin and its just so light and it is in a powder form so it doesnt look like foundation. its perfect.

and aussie shampoo wit macadamian nuts is awesome, smells good and makes ur hair silky.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    I used Sephora makeup remover the other day, when I woke up I looked like I had been punched in the face. The skin was very dry too. I just went without makeup saturday and sunday to give the skin time to heal. Sunday night, it just felt so dry and awful that I started digging though my products to look for something really moisturizing.
    Luckily, I found a little sample tube of Prevage that I didn't know I had. Used that on the spots I had the reaction just before I went to bed.

Every little bit of redness and dry skin was gone when I woke up. It went from patchy, read, and hard to perfectly soft and back to normal in just one night.
    I feel that way about clinique moisture surge.
    My skin is very sensitive, to the extent that it cracks & bleeds now (joy!), I bought some of this & slather it on, no expense spared. I've still not found anything else to compare.
    Free Charmed.

^I think I had a sample of that a long time ago. I loved it. If that's what the sample was, then I may have to pick some up some time. As I mentioned above, I worked in cosmetics (still technically an employee of a makeup line) and have received a ton of product for free. Have a lot to go through before I can justify buying more stuff. haha Too bad I never dealt with Clinique!

I don't have sensitive skin at all and don't have allergies, so I was pretty pissed when the Sephora stuff messed with me.

That's gross about the Sephora makeup remover! I usually use Lancome Bifacil, which is pretty cheap and a good oily makeup remover. I got a Chanel sample recently and it was great--took off everything as well as the Bifacil but not oily at all. I have a friend who just swears by using olive oil, though! I want to try that.

I'm interested in the Prevage serum. I can't use their night cream, though, as it has shea butter. Back in the early 90s, I used to work in a shop that carried some Euro soaps and moisturizers and shower gels. These had shea butter in them.

Anyway, I had a shower that didn't drain quickly so there'd be standing water whilst I was showering. So my feet were soaking in the residue of the products with the shea butter in them. Obviously I got it all on my hands a lot too when you include the hand creams I used. So then I had the most horrible outbreak of eczema on my hands and feet. They were red, raw, itchy and blistered, and they cracked and bled during the dry-out stages. I had to wear cotton gloves day and night, and I couldn't wear proper shoes for months. I was prescribed super strong cortizone cream.

It took me years to figure out that it was the damned shea butter. I had myself tested and yep. Well, shea nuts are tree nuts, which are pretty allergic substances. I have other nut/legume allergies, so it makes sense.

Sucks though. Shea butter IS an amazing emollient if you are not allergic to it!

Novice, Moisture Surge IS awesome! I read somewhere that it's best used under another rich moisturizer as it then enhances the effect.

If you have trouble with skin cracking, though, you might want to try the European Nivea in the dark blue tin--not necessarily as a facial moisturizer though some do use it as such, but definitely for your body. It is INCREDIBLY emollient--it's got every heavy hitter in the emollient range in there, including and especially lanolin.

What is funny is that the basic, central ingredient list is virtually identical to that of Creme De La Mer; of course, CDLM adds a ton of seaweed extracts and antioxidants and I think other emulsifiers too, to make it easier to work with on your face.

But still, it's probably the case that the original CDLM took the Nivea recipe as its base. Understandably so. It's not an anti-aging moisturizer in any sense, whether you're talking secret seaweed broths or gene stimulators or hydraluronic or lactic acids or whatever. But for pure moisturizing and protection it's amazing and over the years has healed a lot of the damage from the eczema outbreaks on my feet and hands.

The German-made version is definitely nicer than the US one, no dicey preservatives and such. I think ours is made in Mexico. I've ordered the German version off the web for a while now.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

[QUOTE=cmmdee;2556862]I love these so much--it is wet and makes your feel skin like a bebe:

This! I decided to finally buy my first big-girl moisturizer a couple of months ago (after years of either not using any or just using whatever was on sale at Walmart) and totally balked at the price but I love it! I have really sensitive skin, and this hasnt' made me break out. Awesome, awesome.

I still stand by the Multi-Tasking Concealer at Everyday Minerals. Like I said, I have really sensitve skin, and have been looking around for other types of make up. Found this one a few years ago and haven't looked back:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    That's gross about the Sephora makeup remover! I usually use Lancome Bifacil, which is pretty cheap and a good oily makeup remover. I got a Chanel sample recently and it was great--took off everything as well as the Bifacil but not oily at all. I have a friend who just swears by using olive oil, though! I want to try that.

I'm interested in the Prevage serum. I can't use their night cream, though, as it has shea butter. Back in the early 90s, I used to work in a shop that carried some Euro soaps and moisturizers and shower gels. These had shea butter in them.

Anyway, I had a shower that didn't drain quickly so there'd be standing water whilst I was showering. So my feet were soaking in the residue of the products with the shea butter in them. Obviously I got it all on my hands a lot too when you include the hand creams I used. So then I had the most horrible outbreak of eczema on my hands and feet. They were red, raw, itchy and blistered, and they cracked and bled during the dry-out stages. I had to wear cotton gloves day and night, and I couldn't wear proper shoes for months. I was prescribed super strong cortizone cream.

It took me years to figure out that it was the damned shea butter. I had myself tested and yep. Well, shea nuts are tree nuts, which are pretty allergic substances. I have other nut/legume allergies, so it makes sense.

Sucks though. Shea butter IS an amazing emollient if you are not allergic to it!

Novice, Moisture Surge IS awesome! I read somewhere that it's best used under another rich moisturizer as it then enhances the effect.

If you have trouble with skin cracking, though, you might want to try the European Nivea in the dark blue tin--not necessarily as a facial moisturizer though some do use it as such, but definitely for your body. It is INCREDIBLY emollient--it's got every heavy hitter in the emollient range in there, including and especially lanolin.

What is funny is that the basic, central ingredient list is virtually identical to that of Creme De La Mer; of course, CDLM adds a ton of seaweed extracts and antioxidants and I think other emulsifiers too, to make it easier to work with on your face.

But still, it's probably the case that the original CDLM took the Nivea recipe as its base. Understandably so. It's not an anti-aging moisturizer in any sense, whether you're talking secret seaweed broths or gene stimulators or hydraluronic or lactic acids or whatever. But for pure moisturizing and protection it's amazing and over the years has healed a lot of the damage from the eczema outbreaks on my feet and hands.

The German-made version is definitely nicer than the US one, no dicey preservatives and such. I think ours is made in Mexico. I've ordered the German version off the web for a while now.
    I think that I'll try that! I have some serum that I use so I guess I could try that. I have been putting my roseacia cream on (prescribed) & then 10 mins later the moisturiser but I tend not to mix things are most are chemical...

Lanolin - I am crazy allergic to that, it irritates my eczema no end, but that also solves the problem of why CDLM doesn't "work" for me.

Pam- yes, it's very expensive but it does last and it works. I'm a potion queen & dont buy anything else when I have it so it works out cheaper for me!
    Free Charmed.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I have rosacea that can get horribly severe and it's a total bitch because I can't put much of anything on my face these days without making it flip the fuck out; I can do a 20% salicylic acid once a week but any other exfoliation leaves me with a very angry face.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I use it with my new Vichy cream cleanser. Takes makeup and everything off. All in one. No more gel or bubbly cleansers for me.

I started using this in Spain and loved the effect. Then I noticed that the U.S. version has been reformulated to leave out the coQ10 (ubiquinone) which I'm kind of mentally stuck on, I'm convinced it's the secret ingredient that made it work so well. I can't bring myself to buy it. I may buy the Euro version online, which does still include ubiquinone as an ingredient.

OT gripe, but why does the U.S. do that? Cosmetics formulas for the same product differ than the Euro versions, and it makes them inferior products.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I have rosacea that can get horribly severe and it's a total bitch because I can't put much of anything on my face these days without making it flip the fuck out; I can do a 20% salicylic acid once a week but any other exfoliation leaves me with a very angry face.
    Posted from my iPhone
    I don't exfoliate with chemicals any more for that reason. I use a flannel warm water and elbow grease.
    I did a soothing facepack, with lots of moisturier yesterday, I'm not so pink today, despite all the stress... (family, Xmas, etc)...
    Free Charmed.

I tried using a little olive oil and brown sugar as an exfoliant the other day. It's not too bad at all and cheap.

I received a free tube of NYC's LipShine lip gloss through a program I participate in and although I'm not a HUGE make-up snob I've never purchased NYC stuff because of how cheap it was and I figured it was just crap.

Anyway, it's AMAZING. It compares to lip gloss that I've paid $20+ for and in some cases is better. The color was great, the consistency was great and it had a nice subtle smell.

I HIGHLY recommend it. I got in it Nude York Color which is a really nice sheer/shimmery gloss. At $3 a tube, you can't go wrong.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I ran out of the moisturiser I'd been using and was flat broke so I grabbed a tube of Asda's Skin System matt finish moisturiser as a put-me-on. Now I'm incredibly pissed because I've spent ridiculous amounts of money on lots of different shine control moisturisers in an attempt to stop my makeup sliding off within an hour of applying it and none of them have worked half as well as this 99p tube of supermarket own brand moisturiser.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information