Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

sisley phyto-khol perfect eyeliner.

i wear eyeliner every day. it's my staple. mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss.
    i have tried countless eyeliners - cheap, expensive, in between. and i find they are all either too greasy (so they smudge) or too hard, so it feels like you're raping your eyelid when you try to draw a line.
    it is PERFECT, soft yet firm, with staying power.

i've had it in black and in steel (the perfect dark grey) and it's awesome. the only drawback is it's fucking expensive. but i use it every day and one pencil lasts me over a year and a half. it comes with a sharpener too.

cover girl lash blast volume blasting mascara. awesome. and cheap. i used to be a diorshow devotee but this is way cheaper and just as good.

l'oréal colour juice lip gloss. they're lancôme juicy tubes knock-offs but i actually like them better than juicy tubes. and they've got great colours. including some great cherry reds with absolutely no sparkle or shimmer to them, just glossy colour, so it ends up looking more like a glossy lip stain than gloss.

avène hydrance optimale légère moisturiser.
    best. moisturiser. ever.
    i have combination, hyper-sensitive skin. can't take anything with any scent. this brand is the best for skin care products. they're the only brand that understands you can have oily yet super sensitive skin at the same time. and that oily skin needs lots of hydration and moisturising too.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I've said it before but It's a 10 Leave-In conditioner is super fabulous!

I love the Watermelon Crush color of the L'Oreal gloss.

Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I was invited to a corporate staff day at a make up factory & they made clinique loreal lancome perscriptives & Elizabeth arden in the same place

Also the high brand companies do all the r&d & then once they've marketed they use that chemistry in their cheaper brands

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Baby oil to remove makeup. It's cheap and goes a long way, and removes the makeup really well.
    I prefer Rose water (like you buy in the cooking isle) it's less greasy (I have dry skin & still prefer it), & it seems to keep any little breakouts at bay.
    Free Charmed.

Yeah, what you pay for with Lancome vs. L'Oreal or Maybelline is the makeup counter experience, slightly different packaging and perhaps greater variety of shades to select from.
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I was invited to a corporate staff day at a make up factory & they made clinique loreal lancome perscriptives & Elizabeth arden in the same place

Also the high brand companies do all the r&d & then once they've marketed they use that chemistry in their cheaper brands

I prefer Rose water (like you buy in the cooking isle) it's less greasy (I have dry skin & still prefer it), & it seems to keep any little breakouts at bay.
    I heard about this. I remember watching Paula Begoun on tv and she said L'Oreal is owned by L'Ancome and all L'Oreal products are the exact same copy of L'Ancome ones for much cheaper.

that might be true for most make up but i think it's not true for face creams. i have über sensitive and combination skin and i've tried pretty much every l'oréal and garnier face cream and that shit irritates my face. but then i can't really use lancôme or clinique either. and there doesn't seem to be a cheaper alternative to avène or biotherm or vichy. if there was i'd be all over that shit.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's strange. Check the ingredients then check the loreal stuff

Biotherm is a luxury skin care company owned by L'Oréal under the Luxury Products division. Biotherm was acquired by L'Oréal in 1970. It is developed and manufactured in research laboratories in Monaco, under the direction of biologist Lucien Aubert and his team of researchers.[citation needed]
    Vichy (pronounced:*[viʃi]; "Vichy Laboratoires") is a premium brand of skincare, bodycare, make-up and anti-ageing products owned by L'Oréal under its Active Cosmetics division and is sold exclusively in pharmacies.
    Free Charmed.

I knew it! Isn't Estee Lauder and Clinique the same manufacturer too?

That's strange. Check the ingredients then check the loreal stuff
    tell that to my skin. i've tried all the garnier and l'oréal creams that could potentially work for my skin and they are either irritating or so light they don't moisturise at all. i think they also aren't perfume free, which my skin doesn't like. there are a couple of biotherm that i've tried that were ok, and a couple of vichy. none that i use regularly other than this vichy eye cream i used for a while and a facial scrub.
    but, none of the vichy or biotherm work as well for my skin as avène.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    tell that to my skin. i've tried all the garnier and l'oréal creams that could potentially work for my skin and they are either irritating or so light they don't moisturise at all. i think they also aren't perfume free, which my skin doesn't like. there are a couple of biotherm that i've tried that were ok, and a couple of vichy. none that i use regularly other than this vichy eye cream i used for a while and a facial scrub.
    but, none of the vichy or biotherm work as well for my skin as avène.
    Some of that may be just the percentage of ingredients used. Sometimes just a little less of X can make a big difference. You really have to search sometimes if you have sensitive skin.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I knew it! Isn't Estee Lauder and Clinique the same manufacturer too?
    Maybe it was EA not EL?? I dunno it was a loooong time ago.
    I still have some perscriptives liners (pencil Eugh! I hate pencil liners, they're so hard & even when they're not draggy) and some other bits.
    Free Charmed.

^ I hate pencil liners too but I might invest in the Sisley one that Sputnik is talking about.

I am still looking for the perfect lip liner too - and it's not Mac!

Try NYC and/or Rimmel.
    Posted from my iPhone

OK, thanks.

For lip liner.

Posted from my iPhone

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information