Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I'm going to have to try those masks. Thanks.
    Nevan likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Cheap arse budget buy recommendation - Lacura face creams from Aldi. I only use moisturiser at night as my slap tends to slide off if I use it before applying make up so being broke and out of my usual night cream I decided to give the basic Q10 anto-wrinkle night cream a try. The first couple of days I didn't really notice much of a difference (although perhaps I was too busy being grateful that it hadn't made me break out) but last night when I was taking my make up off and washing my face before bed I realised that my skin felt a lot softer and smoother than before. Not only that but it looks smoother too and I noticed that my foundation etc went on a lot better this morning. And it's 1.49 a pot! For real!

If you want something a little more heavy duty apparently the Lacura caviar luxe range is pretty good too. Some people have been saying that its almost as good as La Prairie (and 7 versus 250+).
    Brookie and ConstanceSpry like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    E.L.F. Beautifully Bare Smooth Matte Liquid Eyeshadow in Nude Linen is seriously the best eyelid neutralizer I have ever used. I have the worst dry eyelids. No matter how much I moisturize, I can never get concealer to go on smoothly, and I need something to even out how vein-y my eyelids are. This product is perfect for that. It magically evens out my eyelids without flaking or caking on my dry skin. It's a miracle product for me. The best part is I bought it on clearance for $2 at Target! After trying it, I went back the same day and bought the 10 remaining they had in stock.

https://www.target.com/p/e-l-f-174-b...z/-/A-51333054
    i just ordered this in blushing rose.
    my eyelids aren't dry but they are pale and super veiny so i need something light to cover that up, but i just want something kind of neutral and natural looking, preferably that can be brushed or dabbed on easily and quickly. i have no patience for multiple shadows or blending and all that.
    my go to was laura mercier eyeshadow in 'rose' but they stopped making it and i bought another laura mercier shadow in the colour closest to rose but it's a bit too dark.
    i'll let you know how the e.l.f. works out. the price is great too. they were out of it at target but i ordered it to pick up at the walmart near me early next week.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Ok so a couple of weeks in with the cheapy Lacura anti-wrinkle night cream and I'm definitely loving it. Still no breakouts (no more than usual for me, maybe even a little less) and the texture of my skin has noticeably improved, which is also great because I'm very sensitive about what I see as glaring acne scars.

My only complaint is that when I went to put some on after taking my make up off on Saturday night I noticed that quite a large dollop had been taken from it. I asked Bloke if he'd been in it (well duh! There's only the two of us there!) and he admitted that he's used it to stave off shaving rash after some male personal grooming. After extensive investigations I can now tell you that while it may be damn good, its anti-wrinkle properties do not extend to bollocks.

I wouldn't mind but it was right next to a huge pot of body butter! Why use my face cream??
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i just ordered this in blushing rose.
    my eyelids aren't dry but they are pale and super veiny so i need something light to cover that up, but i just want something kind of neutral and natural looking, preferably that can be brushed or dabbed on easily and quickly. i have no patience for multiple shadows or blending and all that.
    my go to was laura mercier eyeshadow in 'rose' but they stopped making it and i bought another laura mercier shadow in the colour closest to rose but it's a bit too dark.
    i'll let you know how the e.l.f. works out. the price is great too. they were out of it at target but i ordered it to pick up at the walmart near me early next week.
    Definitely let me know how it works for you! I am still loving it, and I use it every day. I even emailed E.L.F. to make sure it wasn't being discontinued. It's seriously my favorite beauty product of all time. It's subtle on the eyelid, natural looking, and it does not budge. If you have issues with application, try patting it down with your ring finger until it dries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Cheap arse budget buy recommendation - Lacura face creams from Aldi. I only use moisturiser at night as my slap tends to slide off if I use it before applying make up so being broke and out of my usual night cream I decided to give the basic Q10 anto-wrinkle night cream a try. The first couple of days I didn't really notice much of a difference (although perhaps I was too busy being grateful that it hadn't made me break out) but last night when I was taking my make up off and washing my face before bed I realised that my skin felt a lot softer and smoother than before. Not only that but it looks smoother too and I noticed that my foundation etc went on a lot better this morning. And it's 1.49 a pot! For real!

If you want something a little more heavy duty apparently the Lacura caviar luxe range is pretty good too. Some people have been saying that its almost as good as La Prairie (and 7 versus 250+).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Ok so a couple of weeks in with the cheapy Lacura anti-wrinkle night cream and I'm definitely loving it. Still no breakouts (no more than usual for me, maybe even a little less) and the texture of my skin has noticeably improved, which is also great because I'm very sensitive about what I see as glaring acne scars.

My only complaint is that when I went to put some on after taking my make up off on Saturday night I noticed that quite a large dollop had been taken from it. I asked Bloke if he'd been in it (well duh! There's only the two of us there!) and he admitted that he's used it to stave off shaving rash after some male personal grooming. After extensive investigations I can now tell you that while it may be damn good, its anti-wrinkle properties do not extend to bollocks.

I wouldn't mind but it was right next to a huge pot of body butter! Why use my face cream??
    because he was using it on his face??

i have dry sensitive skin and I use the silver one it’s ace.

I signed up to Birchbox and generally it’s great!
    Brookie likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I found another amazing product. My favorite cake eye liner for tightlining is Laura Mercier's Cake Eye Liner in mahogany brown (sidebar: this product gives you the fullest, most natural looking lash line, especially if you are fair skinned), but it does smear with sweat and rain. I went searching for a cake eye liner sealer and based on the reviews I found online, I bought Kryolan's Cake Eye Liner Sealer. My eyeliner survived sweaty 85 degree Baltimore weather last week and a downpour today without moving at all. I am completely amazed. It's a fantastic product. You can get it from Camera Ready Cosmetics.

Not a random beauty product, more of a random hack . I read somewhere a couple of days ago about sharpening your tweezers on a metal nail file (some people even used sandpaper). You just run the tweezers along both sides of the file and the tweezers tips will become sharper. I tried this on an inexpensive pair of tweezers I carry in my purse, and lo and behold, it worked! Before I was able to use the tweezers on only fairly long eyebrow or chin hairs (hey, I'm 50, it happens!), and they're now gripping on to shorter hairs really well!

https://www.allure.com/story/dull-tw...e-reddit-trick

So why did none of you makeup whores tell me about glass nail files? I just got one and OMG, I love it. LOVE it.

Does anyone know how long they last? Maybe I should be in the nails thread, but I just discovered this and now I'm recommending it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Not a random beauty product, more of a random hack . I read somewhere a couple of days ago about sharpening your tweezers on a metal nail file (some people even used sandpaper). You just run the tweezers along both sides of the file and the tweezers tips will become sharper. I tried this on an inexpensive pair of tweezers I carry in my purse, and lo and behold, it worked! Before I was able to use the tweezers on only fairly long eyebrow or chin hairs (hey, I'm 50, it happens!), and they're now gripping on to shorter hairs really well!

https://www.allure.com/story/dull-tw...e-reddit-trick
    Fuck, I'm 65. Some days, it looks like I have a full beard. Then I have this ONE little hair that grows out of the middle of my left cheek.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    So why did none of you makeup whores tell me about glass nail files? I just got one and OMG, I love it. LOVE it.

Does anyone know how long they last? Maybe I should be in the nails thread, but I just discovered this and now I'm recommending it.
    I've used them before on natural nails and it works beautifully. I currently have a gel overlay on my natural nails, so I need a more heavy duty file right now. But glass nail files are so gentle and I love that they're quiet. Don't put them in your purse unless they're in something hard. I've broken more than I can count by just putting in a pocket in my purse.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't drop them. They do break.

- Mark Twain

This is the one I bought, it comes in a hard case.

Brookie likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I had a little makeup haul like those you tubers. I'm a makeup browser and tester. That's how I decompress. It takes me forever or never to buy something new, except mascara and eyeliner. But I did my research and I'm very happy with my new purchases.

Skin - I'm using Squalane Oil for skin oil. To add to my Badescu items, I bought the Hyaluronic Eye Cream.

The Bamboo Sugar hair spray - this is good. It fluffs out layers in hair. Spray on dry hair and tousle.

Lancome Grandiose Extreme mascara - my going out big mascara. Takes time to apply but worth it. Huge lashes, no transfer.

My fave foundation is Born this Way by Too Faced. It has major staying powder and is not matte. I listened to a youtuber and bought (the mini travel) Becca Skin Perfecting Highlighter. It's luminous cream. You add a teeny tiny bit to the foundation, mix it up (I use a little china dish) and I get this very faint underglow so it actually looks dewy, not glittery or shiny. I'm thrilled with that purchase.

MAC paint pot. I needed a new one. I use it on my eyelids to even them out, but I still want that one from Elf.

The Morphe foundation brush. This is the best brush for me. It's dense and better than the Real Techniques foundation brush. It was $14 dollars and I bet it performs like a $50 dollar brush.

I still think fingers are the best way to apply foundation and those girls just don't get it. I think you have the best control and use a lot less.

Liquid metallic eye shadow by Essence. 5 dollars and it's great. I bought a blue steel color, Supernova. You can smoke it and smudge it. Worth every penny for a little glam.

Also got MAC Prep and Prime Spray. It a fine mist you spray on before you start your makeup and after. Good refresher too. Half price during Ulta sale. Coupons and discounts and points above all or I don't buy.

rollo and electrocuted_sheep like this.

Skin - I'm using Squalane Oil for skin oil. To add to my Badescu items, I bought the Hyaluronic Eye Cream.

The Bamboo Sugar hair spray - this is good. It fluffs out layers in hair. Spray on dry hair and tousle.
    I love the Bamboo hair line - I have the hairspray and the styling spray, and they're inexpensive and they work. I don't use squalene oil because you have to kill sharks to get it - it's shark liver oil.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information