Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I'm buying their concealer sample. They give you the shade you want plus the lighter and the darker shade surrounding your shade. 5 bucks. I do a lot of research and hardly buy anything. My makeup tray has mascara's and concealers. I'll report back.

https://onomie.com/bright-concealing-elixir

i did this sample too. I was not crazy about the concealer itself. I'm glad it was a sample and not a full size.

Great service though, they were out of one of the colors in my 3 pack sample, so they sent 2 colors only and didn't charge me.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

fgg

my hair is a grease pit if argon oil comes anywhere near it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Jane Iredale powder-me SPF 30

holy shitballs this stuff is amazing. i despise SPF. i have still yet to find a good moisturising spf or even just a good spf that i can layer on top of my moisturiser and that doesn't completely suck. i thought i'd hit the jackpot with paula's choice sunscreens last summer but after a few weeks they were seriously drying out my skin.
    this stuff is amazing though. i still wear regular sunscreen - i use my moisturiser and then follow it up with neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch spf 30, but i have to use a fairly thin layer otherwise it's too much shit on my face that never gets absorbed. this stuff you use like you would regular powder, and it has the added benefit of keeping you matte. also, you can touch up during the day without having to try to apply cream sunscreen on your face without destroying your make up. i got the translucent because the golden is too dark on my pasty pale skin. the translucent is slightly tinted so you don't get that powdery white look.

the only downsides are the size of the jar. it's not so much that it's big but it's a fat little jar, so it won't fit into the little cosmetics bag i keep in my purse, but the jar is pretty sturdy and can live in my purse without exploding. the other thing is it's kind of expensive (about 40$) but it looks like it's going to last a good while.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ren nighttime facial. I was given a sample at Sephora and absolutely fall in love with it. A thin layer on cleansed skin before bed. It does tingle as forewarned, it contains AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) lactic and glycolic acids . I experienced very little. tingling. Has a grapefruit smell to me. Some say orange and vinegar. I ve woken up with my skin almost completely even toned and the acne .. zip....and the scars!!!! Almost complete gone! My jaw literally dropped to the floor. It retails for $74 cdn at Sephora.

Garnier BB eye roll-on cream. It's quick and easy to use. If blended in well enough it looks natural. I always double check everything I use in the natural light with a magnified mirror. This thing is amazing! The smooth metal ball instantly wakes up my eyes while the tinted cream makeup provides coverage. I brought the light as a highlight (under brow, dark circles, around nose, frown lines) and because Im quite tanned now, the medium to dab on areas I want coverage, cheeks, chin.
    I roll it on and use fingers to smooth it out then a brush for hard to reach areas and to make sure its well blended. I roll some on the back of my cleansed hand and use my fingers to dab it on the rest of my face and blend. This way I get minimal coverage where I want it covering the dark spots, redness, and acne/scars. If I do it all over my face, I break out. It looks natural which is exactly what I want. Retails for $15 cdn. I've been lucky to find it in select stores on sale for $13

I know I've posted before about the oil slick that is my face. I've been using this, and while it's not perfect it's pretty damn close. A little bit patted on keeps the shine at bay for hours.
    gas_chick likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Is it clear or tinted?

It's tinted, but barely when you squeeze it out on your finger. Comes in 3 shades but its not opaque at all, very translucent. Once it's on your face It's clear. I pat it on over my bronzing gel and benefit and it disappears.

It's keeping me pretty matte for about 5 hours, which is a miracle for my face.
    Beeyotch likes this.

This stuff has done wonders on my color treated hair to combat dryness and keep it from feeling processed. A little goes a long way.

Brookie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Bronze Member

I agree with one the members here for Vaseline for chapped, flaky and cracked lips. It even serves as a lip moisturizer. One thing more, Olay for me for a face moisturizer. I use this as my daily facial routine.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

I know I've posted before about the oil slick that is my face. I've been using this, and while it's not perfect it's pretty damn close. A little bit patted on keeps the shine at bay for hours.
    I just ordered a tube. My t-zone is super oily. My makeup only looks nice for a short time until the oil mixes with it. I blot all day long. I hate it.
    I read so many glowing reviews about this, I have high hopes now. I can't wait. Thanks, Witch.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    This stuff has done wonders on my color treated hair to combat dryness and keep it from feeling processed. A little goes a long way.

I love this stuff. I use the one for fine/thin hair & it really does make it softer & shinier without weighing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Thank you for this tip. I ordered and I freaking love it.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I am loving it too.
    Gas Chick, where did you order yours from? Are you in the U.S?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I am. I Googled it when Witch posted and ordered it from Camera Ready Cosmetics.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Oh, me too. It was not a smooth transaction by any means. But they more than made up for it.

Thread Information