Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

^^ I just looked it up. They seems similar to Sunday Riley. That Blue Tansy is in her Luna Sleeping Oil which I got a sample of at Sephora. I really liked it because my skin was so soft in the morning. It has retinol in it. The Herbivore cost less that Riley, which is 100 dollars. I'll take a look at Sephora, thanks. I'll try everything.

I got a two samples (my friend gave them to me from a rep) - a small jar of 111Skin cream and Black Diamond Eye Mask. The creator is supposed to be a big Harley Street plastic surgeon. He developed the YLift, a minimally invasive face lift.

https://twitter.com/dryannis_111

This is the packet - it's $100 dollars. THIS PACKET. I haven't tried it yet.

List of 111SKIN Product Ingredients

ACETYL CYSTEINE (NAC) - This is an amino acid that encourages collagen production to improve skin elasticity and repair the skin. It is one of the main ingredients in our NAC Y2 formula.
    AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM EXTRACT- The seed extract of the Horse Chestnut tree is used as Escin in our NAC Y2 formula. A powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and free radical scavenging properties.
    ALLANTOIN - A natural chemical compound that soothes and protects the skin and promotes the healing of wounds and scars.
    ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT- From the Aloe Vera plant, this is an emollient and skin conditioner.
    ARBUTIN - Glycoside extracted from the Bearberry plant used as a skin-lightening and brightening agent.
    ARGIRELINE- a peptide and a substrate of Botulinum Toxin is used as a topical solution to specific areas of the face, Argireline inhibits the reactions that cause muscles to move or contract causing wrinkles to appear reduced.
    BENZYL ALCOHOL - Benzyl Alcohol is a natural constituent of several essential oils, including Ylang Ylang, Jasmine and Styrax. It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties used for acne treatments.
    BETA CAROTENE Ė The human body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A, also known as retinol. Beta carotene can be a super substance against acne. It heals acne scars and quickens cell renewal to prevent pores from getting clogged.Since beta carotene quickens cell renewal it is wonderful for fading age spots.
    BUTYLENE GLYCOL - can be used as humectant, solubiliser, stabiliser, and helps increase product absorption into the skin.
    CALENDULA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT- From the Marigold, this herb is from the the Sunflower family. This gentle and nourishing botanical possesses powerful healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
    CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRYGLYCERIDE - Are specific fractions of coconut or palm oil fatty acids and are used for moisturising the skin.
    CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT - Centella Asiatica is a perennial creeping plant. Studies have shown that the main constituents of Centella Asiatica (Asiatic acid, Madecassic acid and Asiaticoside) increase collagen synthesis. In addition to stimulating the synthesis of collagen, it also improves tensile strength of the skin.
    CITRUS PARADISIFRUIT EXTRACT - Extracted from the Grapefruit it is used for skin conditioning.
    COPPER CHLOROPHYLL - Helps to remove dead tissue, to keep wounds clean and also promotes normal healing.
    DIAMOND CRYSTAL - Black Diamond that has been crushed to create a particle so small that it penetrates the deepest layers of the skin.
    GLUTATHIONE - Master antioxidant responsible for protecting cells against oxidative damage. There is a direct correlation between aging and decreased intracellular concentrations of glutathione.
    GLYCERIN - Used as a moisturising agent.
    HYALURONIC ACID - Found in the body it is the glue between cells that retains moisture in the skin.
    HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL - Jojoba Oil is an oil that moisturises the skin and is most similar to the skinís natural oils.
    HYDROGENATED PALM OIL - Palm Oil with added water which allows the mixing of water and oil to mix in our Aqua Physics Defence Cream for Sun Protection.
    ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE - An emollient and valuable absorption carrier.
    LANOLIN - Is often called wool wax as it is a secretion from the sebaceous glands of sheep. It is used as a moisturising agent that helps retain water in the skin.
    KOPCINOL is a highly effective tyrosinase inhibitor for the topical treatment of hyper-pigmentation.
    MACROCYSTIS PYRIFERA EXTRACT (Sea Kelp Extract) - The kelp itself is a brown sea algae, or seaweed, that is normally found in the Antarctic Ocean. Because of its rich iodine, mineral, anti-oxidant and natural anti-inflammatory aspects, kelp is believed to moisturize, soften and help skin retain its moisture. Kelp also contains elements that help remove toxins, soothe and can easily penetrate the skin for instant hydration. It also aids in keeping skin smooth. This nourishing extract has no adverse side effects and works well with other antioxidants and vitamins such as Vitamin C and E.
    Matrixyl 3000 - A new peptide group that helps your cells resist the damaging effects of Ultra-Violet radiation, strengthen your skinís protective membranes and barriers, and promote the production of collagen.
    NIACINAMIDE - Improves the skins moisture barrier allowing for the natural production of collagen. Aids in reversing sun damage and hyperpigmentation.
    OLEA EUROPAEA OIL (Olive Oil)-Is used to moisturise and relieve the skin from the damaging effects of the sun's harmful rays. Olive oil closely mirrors the skins natural oils allowing the the skin to regain its balance naturally.
    PANTHENOL- Panthenol soothes, softens and moisturises the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Its exfoliating properties fight free radicals and promote new skin cells to consistently regenerate, offering a more youthful, fresh appearance.
    RETINOL - Helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots from both environmental and intrinsic ageing. Retinol is an extremely effective cell-communicating ingredient that can interrupt the free-radical damage process.
    ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS EXTRACT (Rosemary Extract)Ė Helps to ease congestion, puffiness and swelling of the skin and can also be used for acne, dermatitis and eczema.
    SALICYLIC ACID - Topical Salicylic Acid is used to help clear and prevent spots and skin blemishes.
    SAW PALMETTO EXTRACT- Made from the Saw Palmetto plant it is an antiseptic that can control excess oil.
    SILK AMINO ACIDS - Extracted from silk, these water-soluable extracts help provide moisture to the skin.
    SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE - a potent antioxidant which is a derivitave of Vitamin C. It forms part of our patent pending NAC Y2.
    SORBITOL - Sorbitol is used as a humectant or skin conditioner.
    TARTARIC ACID - Is an Alpha Hydroxyl Acid obtained from grapes that is used to exfoliate and to stimulate skin renewal.
    TOCOPHEROL - A naturally occurring chemical element otherwise known as Vitamin E. It is an antioxidant that encourages skin and wound healing.
    TREHALOSE - Trehalose is a sugar found in plants and used as a mositurising agent.
    VITIS VINIFERA OIL (Grape Seed Oil)- An antioxidant that is rich in Linoleic Acid, an effective skin moisturiser. It also has skin tightening and properties

The bolded one's are what my mother commented on as being really good in skincare. She's the queen of simple skin care. We'll share the black diamond eye mask and see if it's any good. Not that I'll buy it.

My skin seems to do well with daily serum and a skin oil at night. I have always hated moisturizers. Even my beloved Mario Badescu's moisturizer doesn't absorb enough.

Random - this is $570. It's Swiss. Has anyone ever used anything this expensive?

The rich, unique formula of l'Elixir des Glaciers provides skin the ultimate refinement of a visible lifting effect. Day after day, the sensuous and lusciously creamy texture will reveal a fresher complexion and leave your skin feeling smoother, firmer, toned and looking radiantly youthful and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ^^ I just looked it up. They seems similar to Sunday Riley. That Blue Tansy is in her Luna Sleeping Oil which I got a sample of at Sephora. I really liked it because my skin was so soft in the morning. It has retinol in it. The Herbivore cost less that Riley, which is 100 dollars. I'll take a look at Sephora, thanks. I'll try everything.

I got a two samples (my friend gave them to me from a rep) - a small jar of 111Skin cream and Black Diamond Eye Mask. The creator is supposed to be a big Harley Street plastic surgeon. He developed the YLift, a minimally invasive face lift.

https://twitter.com/dryannis_111

Yay, I hope it works for you too! I'm going to track down a sample of the Luna Sleeping Oil now. I was just reading something about that 111 skin care, I can't remember where I saw it, probably a review in a magazine. Please let us know your results, especially for the skin cream.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    I love Korean sheet masks. they are the best and as you say, they are cheap.
    I am not sure I have tried the sheet masks - you mean a face mask impregnated in one of those sheets?
    I used their foundations - surprisingly enough for a black haired, blue eyed celt. I have my makeup done in LA Bloomingdales years ago & they ended up using a foundation that is mainly used by Japanese or Euro/Asians (as was my make up person); she was very surprised. But, I'm pale cool-toned with a bit of pink in my skintone & beige looks very wrongwrongwrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Origins Checks and Balances cleanser. Omg. I have super dry skin, but my skin has been changing rapidly for the past (almost) year since I burned my face in a fire. I apparently damaged my moisture barrier, says the dermatologist. So now, even though my skin is super dry, moisturizer justs sits on my skin without penetrating it. This causes all sorts of problems, like an oil slick on huge dry patches (yes, it's as weird as it sounds) and a super dry and flakey t-zone. And my concealer was separating on my face. Not attractive looking at all.
    I hadn't realised that you had been burnt as well as everything else. What a total nightmare for you.
    Thanks to both you & Whitetigeress for the recommendations.
    I have very dry skin with rosacia and I have eczema elsewhere. If I exfoliate it irritates my skin, if I don't I feel like i am wearing a "mask" of dead skin like a snake.
    Moisturisers only go so far, plus the best thing taht I ever used was camilia oil, which I have never been able to find since.
    And then when my face is super-fry and flakey, I get a breakout. As it is around my jawline I am guessing that its hormone related.

I feel like wearing a brown paperbag most days.

I came here to say that I bought some Leichner Camera Clear Tinted Foundation from a cheapy shop locally and its been really good - maybe because I have such dry skin an its oil-based but a little goes a long way & gives great coverage.

Last edited by Novice; May 29th, 2016 at 06:54 PM.
    Free Charmed.

The bolded one's are what my mother commented on as being really good in skincare. She's the queen of simple skin care. We'll share the black diamond eye mask and see if it's any good. Not that I'll buy it.

Random - this is $570. It's Swiss. Has anyone ever used anything this expensive?

The rich, unique formula of l'Elixir des Glaciers provides skin the ultimate refinement of a visible lifting effect. Day after day, the sensuous and lusciously creamy texture will reveal a fresher complexion and leave your skin feeling smoother, firmer, toned and looking radiantly youthful and healthy.

Please let me know if the eye mask works once you have tried it. I have not used that one but I have used the Freeze/24, and it really didn't work.

I like me a lot - but spending $570 for a face cream isn't included in that. They only charge that much because people with more money than brains buy it.
    Kittylady and ConstanceSpry like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

I have very dry skin with rosacia and I have eczema elsewhere. If I exfoliate it irritates my skin, if I don't I feel like i am wearing a "mask" of dead skin like a snake.
    Moisturisers only go so far, plus the best thing taht I ever used was camilia oil, which I have never been able to find since.
    And then when my face is super-fry and flakey, I get a breakout. As it is around my jawline I am guessing that its hormone related.

Novice, have you changed your diet to see if that would help your eczema and rosacea? I've read several testimonials about a wheat free diet and its positive effect on these conditions. Might be worth looking into.

Also, I heard about camellia oil from a London based friend. She cooks with it. Apparently, she gets it from her friend in Ireland but it's also available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...=camellia+oil+. I've not tried it yet but am intrigued.

Oils are a big part of my skincare and try to stay away from the chemical laden lab concoctions as much as possible. Argan and Rosehip seed oils self-doctored with select essential oils are my favorite. Good luck!
    Novice likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Oh you little star!!! Thanks for that!
    I am fairly "wheat-free" but I think it's mainly stress related.
    Fortunately I am hoping that certain things I am doing will lessen that stress shortly!
    I will be using that camelia oil once I am paid, which might be today.
    Free Charmed.

^I guess what I'm saying is that the skin conditions may be autoimmune responses to some food/s, not necessarily wheat. I believe they are forms of inflammation so your body is reacting to something! Have you ever had food allergy testing? Could be enlightening and shocking. I plan on getting it done soon.

Also, re the Leichner foundation, which shade do you use? I am fair skinned with pink undertones too and these color swatches are not helping with my decision. Must order online so obviously can't test shades beforehand. Thanks!
    Last edited by qwerty; May 30th, 2016 at 05:35 PM.
    Novice and dallison like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    ^I guess what I'm saying is that the skin conditions may be autoimmune responses to some food/s, not necessarily wheat. I believe they are forms of inflammation so your body is reacting to something! Have you ever had food allergy testing? Could be enlightening and shocking. I plan on getting it done soon.
    I haven't but I would probably end up only being able to drink water and eat air. I have eczema and rosacia and arthritis and asthma/not-asthma; I started taking a daily antihistamine and my breathing is a bit better but my sinuses are lots better....

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Also, re the Leichner foundation, which shade do you use? I am fair skinned with pink undertones too and these color swatches are not helping with my decision. Must order online so obviously can't test shades beforehand. Thanks!
    I started with the porcelain which was too light, so moved onto the rose - it looks waay darker than when you put it on, but it appears to be super-cheap (like a couple of £)
    qwerty likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Please let me know if the eye mask works once you have tried it. I have not used that one but I have used the Freeze/24, and it really didn't work.
    I sure will.

Argirelline is a synthetic amino acid derived from natural extracts which, similar to Botox, prevent the formation of fine lines.

This is the ingredient that is supposed to be very good for your skin and supposedly works as claimed.

I sure will.

Argirelline is a synthetic amino acid derived from natural extracts which, similar to Botox, prevent the formation of fine lines.

This is the ingredient that is supposed to be very good for your skin and supposedly works as claimed.

Thanks I HATE the bags under my eyes. I already spent so much on them, I actually thought of a little nip and tuck but I am too scared.

I put on the 111Skin Diamond Eye Mask (above). $100 for the packet. There are two applications inside (4 eye pads). I washed my face and did a quick exfoliation.

The pads are thin mesh with a super liquidy (a serum formula) that you place under your eyes for 20 minutes. I had to lay down or they'd slide off. After 20 minutes you peel them off and pat the serum in. I looked in the mirror and saw a bit of redness where the pads were but then it faded. I went to sleep without eye cream. I'll use the other pads just cause I have them. I really didn't see the point of these other than some good ingredients for your skin. I mean, it wasn't hydrating or smoothing. Maybe if you can afford to use these on a regular basis it might improve whatever needs to be improved.

After using the Neocutis line - I won it in a raffle a couple of years ago, I was like, whatever. I had about $600 dollars worth of full sized serums, moisturizers, eye creams and hand creams. I used them all up and didn't feel that my skin looked or felt any different. My skin concerns are pink on chin and nose, and dry cheeks.

I'm so happy with Mario Badescu and a lot of that has to do with that I want to use it. I much preferred a Vitamin C serum to that fancy serum above. I'm not expecting my redness to ever go away but with clean, moisturized skin and a good foundation - Born This Way by Too Faced is the new bomb for me. With that stuff I get compliments - it makes it look flawless. When my skin tone is even I'll wear a bolder lipstick.

Kasippu - you might want to try a good camouflage type of under eye concealer, with brightening. Try IT Cosmetics bye bye undereye (you must blend well) and Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift and Charlotte Tilbury
    The Retoucher. I can get very dark circles if I don't sleep enough and I think the Tilbury is way better than
    Touche Eclat.

Kasippu - you might want to try a good camouflage type of under eye concealer, with brightening. Try IT Cosmetics bye bye undereye (you must blend well) and Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift and Charlotte Tilbury
    The Retoucher. I can get very dark circles if I don't sleep enough and I think the Tilbury is way better than
    Touche Eclat.
    Thanks, chalet. I will put them on my shopping list. 2 more days and I can finally shop at normal shops again. I can already order the Tilbury one on netaporter, I like touche eclat but
    it is a bit heavy
    I actually like the Bye Bye Panda eye I bought once. It hydrated my eyes nicely. I just have to get used to getting older. it sucks.
    Brookie likes this.

I'm buying their concealer sample. They give you the shade you want plus the lighter and the darker shade surrounding your shade. 5 bucks. I do a lot of research and hardly buy anything. My makeup tray has mascara's and concealers. I'll report back.

https://onomie.com/bright-concealing-elixir

I can't recommend this stuff enough. This is the brand i use. Its one of the more affordable argan oil hair systems and Sally's carries it.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information