Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

It's Mascara Madness @ Nordstrom Today !!!!!!Buy two get one free!!!!!!

Nordstrom Online & In Store: Shoes, Jewelry, Clothing, Makeup, Dresses

For my going grey ladies:

I can't rave enough about this. Better than any other root cover I've tried, and I've tried them all. I found out about from a beauty blogger that I love. It's easy to use, the red color looks so natural, and its cheaper than many others I've tried.

The blog that turned me on to this:
    GirlGetGlamorous |
    sputnik, kasippu, Tati and 2 others like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Thanks, although I have the opposite problem - dry skin.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Give some Mad Hippie Vitamin C a try under your moisturiser amazing product and boots hydration among other things. Fairly cheap around $30 usd. Or try some Hyaluronic Acid another great product for hydration. Both absorb quickly and and can be used together or separately under your moisturiser.
    *makes notes*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    Just thought I would mention a new product I just heard of and it was used on my hair called Olaplex. I had my roots done and it was added to the bleach it stops breakage supposedly. You can also have a treatment using this product for dried out/frizzy hair and there is a treatment product you can buy to use at home. Anyway I have to say it is amazing, seriously it is amazing, well for me anyway.

I don't really know much more about it except it seems to work and what I read on google .
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My stylist just used Olaplex on me for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was amazing, I have super dark Hispanic hair, notoriously hard to lift. She bleached it to Draco Malfoy level and it's still healthy and shiny. Before, the most she could go was always this brassy yellow which I hated with a passion but I guess she was too afraid of my hair breaking off completely if she bleached too much.

It's great, it picks up my purple and blue beautifully, they're so much brighter now.
    My hairdresser (who is a trictologist as well) has just got this in her salon in the last few months. Its the bomb!
    I've had the after treatment as my hair was in poor conditions (for me) and it was brilliant.
    I want her to lighten my hair with this & then put my color on - as per B's violets & purples........ the only "problem" is that its a great chectnutty color at the moment, so I'm holding off for summer. Then I'm going to get her to add taupes (my natural colour is ashy-black if you know what I mean? no red at all).
    Jazzy likes this.
    Free Charmed.

CeraVe facial moisturizer. It's fantastic, and is sold for like $15 at CVS. It looks like semen but don't let that put you off, it's really great (I'm using the PM version, but the AM version has SPF too). I normally use it, but I ran out of it and used some other moisturizer I had around, which over the course of a month made me break out all over my face and chest. It's like a week now since I've returned to CeraVe and my breakouts are all gone! I can't recommend it enough. I've never had bad skin until this past year, and it's the only thing that's worked to help it.

Last edited by Brah; November 7th, 2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: embarrassing amount of mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

I can't rave enough about this. Better than any other root cover I've tried, and I've tried them all. I found out about from a beauty blogger that I love. It's easy to use, the red color looks so natural, and its cheaper than many others I've tried.

GirlGetGlamorous |
    how much grey do you have? my mother has tried pretty much every root cover out there and none of them work. they're either pinkish or they don't cover well or they make her hair hard or sticky. she's got quite a bit of grey though, and her hair grows out fast which means she'll dye it and have roots 2 weeks later, but she's got super sensitive skin and her scalp gets irritated from the dye and natural, non-irritating dyes just wash out and don't work and she's too vain to go all grey yet so she's just looking for something that lets her extend the time between dye jobs.
    Jazzy likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm probably 40- 50% grey. Mostly on the crown and the temples/over the ears. My hair grows fast too, which means I'm showing significant grey by 3 weeks after color. I get my roots done every 4 weeks. This stuff isn't too sticky, and it really does cover. It's about $10 on eBay, less than half of what I've paid for some others.

Molly's blog has a good video showing how well this works, and she's almost all grey. My red is darker than hers but this red color works on both mine and Molly's. It's a natural red, not a red-red.

Last edited by witchcurlgirl; November 7th, 2015 at 09:48 PM.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^^My natural color is/was dark brown/black. I have a lot of gray, my roots are pretty much all white when they grow out, which is very quickly. I too would have to color every 3 weeks or so if I wanted to keep my hair well colored all the time. My gray is also very hard to cover, I have to use brownish black or darker in order for my gray to be covered. This is the spray root cover I use occasionally, it's about $10 and I buy it at CVS:

I have noticed, though, that it rubs off on my pillow if I don't remove the spray before going to bed; does the Style Edit rub off?

^No, not on my pillow at all, and no issues from sweating at the gym or getting rained on. I dont wash my hair every day, and haven't had any problems with it rubbing off. The stuff is awesome.

^^I'll have to look into ordering some; I still have some Gray Away, but I'm sure I'll use it soon because it's just so easy to get lazy about coloring my hair given how soon my roots grow out...

I'm probably 40- 50% grey. Mostly on the crown and the temples/over the ears. My hair grows fast too, which means I'm showing significant grey by 3 weeks after color. I get my roots done every 4 weeks. This stuff isn't too sticky, and it really does cover. It's about $10 on eBay, less than half of what I've paid for some others.

Molly's blog has a good video showing how well this works, and she's almost all grey. My red is darker than hers but this red color works on both mine and Molly's. It's a natural red, not a red-red.
    this sounds very similar to her situation, except she's probably closer to 50-60% grey, also mostly on the crown and temples. i'm definitely going to order her some.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm going to throw Color Wow out there. It's a powder that you brush on where the grey is. I actually use a larger makeup brush rather than the teensy brush it comes with. It covers amazingly and it's much easier to control the application. It's virtually waterproof and will stay put for days. I have blonde hair and I've never been able to find one of those spray on root colors that look natural to me (in the blonde color anyway).

ETA: You can find it at Ulta and I think Sally Beauty Supply carries it as well.

GirlGetGlamorous |
    I need this in my life
    arie_skop likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Kiko again. cheap and it works. Ones side fills in the brow (very natural) and the other highlight just under the eyebrow. It takes 2 seconds and makes a huge difference. Especially the shimmer opens the eye.
    I have been using it since the day I bought it, showed it to my mum and now she is hooked as well.
    It comes in 3 colours so you just chooses the colour closest to your natural one.
    Jazzy, KrisNine, arie_skop and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Kiko again. cheap and it works. Ones side fills in the brow (very natural) and the other highlight just under the eyebrow. It takes 2 seconds and makes a huge difference. Especially the shimmer opens the eye.
    I have been using it since the day I bought it, showed it to my mum and now she is hooked as well.
    It comes in 3 colours so you just chooses the colour closest to your natural one.

I am loving the idea of this it looks quick and easy. I have been using a product I purchased off the bay called silk fibre brow, it kind of adds fibres and thickens then up, but there are times when you just don't need all the sot I am going to try this. Thank you!

Just because people like the visual here is a pic of the one I have been using.

ApricotGlimmer likes this.

I took a shower in my daughters bathroom and used her conditioner. It's awesome. It smells very clean and herbal. Not fruity, like the name would indicate. It's called Little Twig Happy Tangerine Conditioning Conditioner. So good for tangles.

Novice and Brookie like this.

Thread Information