Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Ihave the worst luck with shampoos & conditioners. everything is too heavy and weighs down my hair. i've had the best luck with livingproof but if i use it for too long, my hair goes to crap all over again.anyone have suggestions for lightweight shampoos & conditioners? i'm so sick of look like a grease slick when whatever i'm using decides to stop working.
    You should avoid shampoo and conditioner that have any type of silicones, like dimethicone. They really cause build up and hair to seem greasy and are in many popular brands, both high and low end. You can find lists of shampoo and conditioner without them on the web.
    Novice likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    First of all, I'm a total hair product junkie. My hair takes work, but it's usually one of my better features. Anyway, I've never been able to be a wash and go girl and I've never been able to use the cheap shampoos. I hate that! Anyway, I picked up a bottle of Aniston's shampoo (and conditioner), Living Proof, and I love it. It's got a great smell because it's not fruity. It reminds me of Aveda scents. It's a really great shampoo and conditioner. Not cheap, but really great!
    I bought the No Frizz shampoo and conditioner, the silk serum and restorative mask treatment. I love it all. But didn't at first. They sent me a pretty large sample of Night Cap, an overnight conditioner which I tried the first day. The next day after rinsing very well, then using the serum, my hair looked pretty awful. It wouldn't hold curl and actually I thought it looked frizzier than ever. But I kept trying. It's been about 3 weeks now and each time I use the products my hair looks healthier and shinier. I tried the Nightcap again got better results. I have longish hair and a very small nickle size of the shampoo is all I use. The trick is to rub it in your hands until it emulsifies. I'm not crazy about the smell of the everyday conditioner but it is pretty wonderful stuff. I love the serum too. One pump is the perfect amount for my hair. It smells nice. None of the products seem to leave a lasting fragrance in my hair which is good.
    Thanks for the heads up about this stuff. I'd never heard of it before.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Just thought I would mention a new product I just heard of and it was used on my hair called Olaplex. I had my roots done and it was added to the bleach it stops breakage supposedly. You can also have a treatment using this product for dried out/frizzy hair and there is a treatment product you can buy to use at home. Anyway I have to say it is amazing, seriously it is amazing, well for me anyway.

I don't really know much more about it except it seems to work and what I read on google .
    Last edited by Jazzy; October 21st, 2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: typo
    rollo likes this.

My stylist just used Olaplex on me for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was amazing, I have super dark Hispanic hair, notoriously hard to lift. She bleached it to Draco Malfoy level and it's still healthy and shiny. Before, the most she could go was always this brassy yellow which I hated with a passion but I guess she was too afraid of my hair breaking off completely if she bleached too much.

It's great, it picks up my purple and blue beautifully, they're so much brighter now.
    Jazzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My stylist just used Olaplex on me for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was amazing, I have super dark Hispanic hair, notoriously hard to lift. She bleached it to Draco Malfoy level and it's still healthy and shiny. Before, the most she could go was always this brassy yellow which I hated with a passion but I guess she was too afraid of my hair breaking off completely if she bleached too much.

It's great, it picks up my purple and blue beautifully, they're so much brighter now.
    That's awesome Beeyotch. It seems too good to be true doesn't it? it really is just amazing. I pretty much need to wash and blow dry everyday unless I put my hair up but after using the home product my hair looks smooth and that is with no product added and I can now wash about every 3 or 4 days. I can't believe how good it works. My hair is so fine and porus it drives me nuts but this product has seemed to tame it.

I need visuals.

here's a slideshow:

http://stylecaster.com/beauty-high/t...oducts-period/

Consider this a PSA for anyone who wasn’t scared off of bleaching by Annie or Emily: Your colorist should be usingOlaplex. Not only because people like Tracey Cunningham andAura Friedman swear by it (and have the Instagrams to prove it), but because it works.

https://intothegloss.com/2014/10/olaplex-hair-color/

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to ask my girlfriend (licensed beautician. But she does my hair at home so I can save a few bucks) about this tomorrow. I have a serious amount of stress going on (although I'm totally handling it and so proud that I am, stress sucks) and am at that age that this crap starts happening naturally. Between both, my hair has serious breakage. Also, thanks Chalet for the pics ... I'm happy to see there's a use-at-home bottle too!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I goofed around with the entire system at home. If your hair is being a dick, give it some awesome protein and moisturizing treatments/masks and also do olaplex as a stand alone treatment without color. You only have to do Step 3 once a week. Olaplex helps with the bonds but you still need to give your hair moisture and protein!!!!!!

i think it is an amazing product but you can still fuck up your hair if you go too far. I'm in the process of getting my hair from a dyed level 4/5 to BLONDE, I'm at a level 7/8 now and went ahead and took off two inches. My hair is so freaking happppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I am planning to finish the blonding this weekend or next.
    Nevan likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Please keep us updated on your progress going blonde and still having healthy hair!! Good luck!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If any Brits want a cheap and cheerful primer for everyday wear try Prime of Your Life Light Reflecting Primer (exclusively at Wilkinsons stores). I'd never used primer before but I thought I'd try it as it was dirt cheap (2.00) and now I use it every time I put make up on. As I have oily/combination skin I use it instead of moisturiser (although you can use both, if that's your preference) and not only does it give me a much smoother finish but it also stays matt for much longer than when I was using an actual shine control moisturiser.

rollo and Novice like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ Thanks, although I have the opposite problem - dry skin.
    Novice likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If I'm not careful mine is both an oil slick and a flaky nightmare, all at the same time. This stuff actually keeps the oil down but doesn't bring on the dry patches. I'm super impressed as besides all that it hasn't caused any acne breakouts either and definitely seems to soften the appearance of my scars when I'm wearing make up. And it's 2.00!!!!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ I will definitely look out for it. It's a steal at that price. I need more glow at this time of year. So many moisturisers flake on me except the one I mentioned which is super expensive: Estee Lauder DayWear.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Another cheapo recommendation: cover girl lash exact mascara.
    id been looking for a replacement for the old yellow cover girl mascara and this seems to be it. It's not a "miracle" mascara, it's just a good every day mascara that lengthens and defines without clumping or sticking. If you're looking for something to curl, volumise or give the appearance of more lashes, this isn't for you, but in my case all i want is for my blonde lashes to be visible and this does the trick. You can also layer it on for a more dramatic look and it won't clump. And did I mention it's cheap? I like it more than any expensive mascara I've tried in the past year.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Thanks, although I have the opposite problem - dry skin.
    Give some Mad Hippie Vitamin C a try under your moisturiser amazing product and boots hydration among other things. Fairly cheap around $30 usd. Or try some Hyaluronic Acid another great product for hydration. Both absorb quickly and and can be used together or separately under your moisturiser.

rollo and Novice like this.

Thread Information