Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Does anyone suffer from hyperpigmentation ? Since last year, I've discovered mine is quite extreme. I've tried brightening cleansers and exfoliates as well as all kinds of exfoliates. I find it just makes it way worst. Now I'm just using Vichy's normaderm cleanser to control the acne.
    I had been using Vichy's SPF 50 sunblock in a stick for the face. I LOVED how it felt on the skin and it would smooth the wrinkles as well but why would I develop the blotches if I used sunblock? Makes no sense!
    On top of this, I can't find the perfect affordable coverup that doesnt look caked and make me break out. Maybelline's FitMe #120 matches the skin but doesn't provide coverage.

Suggestions?
    The best thing I ever used for hyperpigmentation is prescription Retin A (in Aust it is prescribed as ReTrieve Cream) and Obagi blender, it worked. Albeit Obagi blender has 4% hydroquinone in it which some find controversial. The Obagi nu-derm system is great but it can be expensive you have to google to find the best prices. You really do not need to buy the whole system though just the Obagi blender and you mix it with Retin A and apply.

I used the Retin A mixed with the blender every other night and the blender every night. Obagi also sell a decent sunblock.

Has anyone ever had a dermapen treatment? I would love to know how it went if you have.

Bought 2 colors of the cristal eyeliner from kiko (very cheap) and it is amazing.
    I actually bought one in the Milano airport while leaving and have been addicted ever since.

fgg

i have the worst luck with shampoos & conditioners. everything is too heavy and weighs down my hair. i've had the best luck with livingproof but if i use it for too long, my hair goes to crap all over again.

anyone have suggestions for lightweight shampoos & conditioners? i'm so sick of look like a grease slick when whatever i'm using decides to stop working.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^Sounds like you need to use a good clarifying shampoo every couple of weeks to get rid of buildup. Neutrogena makes one and I like Lush's Big shampoo but the latter is pricey but used every other week so it lasts.

Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer with spf 20. I don't need a lot of coverage - this is lightweight and blends flawlessly with my natural skin tone.

Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Having worked for LUSH, I LOVE the Big Shampoo; it is great for volume but it can be drying with sea salt as a base. I have used the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and it's terrific for a light duty cover; I'm currently using Bobbi Brown's serum foundation and I really love it. Good coverage without it looking cakey or something your grandmother might wear.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i have the worst luck with shampoos & conditioners. everything is too heavy and weighs down my hair. i've had the best luck with livingproof but if i use it for too long, my hair goes to crap all over again.

anyone have suggestions for lightweight shampoos & conditioners? i'm so sick of look like a grease slick when whatever i'm using decides to stop working.
    i recently started using paul mitchell extra body daily shampoo. so far so good. and i have oily hair that i have to wash every day.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Love this. People tell me I look rested. It comes out white, maybe a little too dark when blended but looks very natural but still gives great cover. For now my 'foundation'

^^What is the name? Not clear from the picture and nothing I've seen before. Thanks.

sorry Erborian cc cream, I also bought their eye BB cream, I am still deciding if I like that one and the Erborian pink perfect cream which is also a face cream but haven't tried it yet. I will not be able to buy beauty products for 2 months because of where I live, so I always panic buying before I go. I have been using the CC cream for about 2 months straight now. (before I used the Vichy CC (to shiny) the Galenic(mmmm) and the Lierac BB mixed but since buying this one I been pretty faithful)

I am so out of the makeup game, I had to look up what cc stood for. Color correcting. Might be something I should try, I've developed a rosacea-like redness around my nose/cheek area under my eyes. When I bother to cover it I just use my normal Clinique foundation, which does a pretty good job. I generally hate the feel of anything on my face, it feels like it will just slide off as soon as I get warm and start producing oil/sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I am so out of the makeup game, I had to look up what cc stood for. Color correcting. Might be something I should try, I've developed a rosacea-like redness around my nose/cheek area under my eyes. When I bother to cover it I just use my normal Clinique foundation, which does a pretty good job. I generally hate the feel of anything on my face, it feels like it will just slide off as soon as I get warm and start producing oil/sweat.

I only know CC/BB creams as I got a sample of the Vichy one a year ago and have been a great fan ever since as they are not heavy at all (I have never had a foundation I liked) But the Erborian one I bought is till now my absolute favorite. If you are happy with the brand Clinique also has one. (Too much time on my hands so did a quick google search for you)

PRODUCT INFO

Brand
    Clinique

Where to Buy
    Clinique counters at selected Edgars, Woolworths, Truworths, Foschini etc.

This CC cream comes in a range of shades and the coverage is really nice, better than a BB cream. I have found it more matte than a BB cream and my skin doesn't get shinier as the day goes on. It stays put. I think this would be awesome for combination or slightly oily skin. It contains micro lavender-coloured particles to counteract redness and dullness. It actually covers my under-eye shadows completely without needing a concealer!

^Thanks for the research! I just got Clinique because their Golden Beige happens to color match my skin exactly. I use it so infrequently that the bottle has lasted me 10 years. Consistency is still good too, and it doesn't break me out so I assume there's insignificant bacterial buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    ^Thanks for the research! I just got Clinique because their Golden Beige happens to color match my skin exactly. I use it so infrequently that the bottle has lasted me 10 years. Consistency is still good too, and it doesn't break me out so I assume there's insignificant bacterial buildup.
    Then your fine. I am still looking for the holy grail. I only started wearing this since about a year (I swear I aged like 10 in the last year) to look a bit fresher. I hope the Erborian one is mine. The amount of money I have spent looking for a good 'foundation' that still made me look human....

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

This was always my issue until recently- I went to a Sally's beauty supply and bought four different shampoo's, that I each use in rotation. I'm blonde so I LOVE the Shimmering Lights shampoo ($8), Ion Cool Blonde ($7), Ion Color Defense Clarifying shampoo ($7) and then I splurged on one really great one Unite's Blonda shampoo ($25).

Even if you're not blonde going to Sally's (or any beauty supply company) and buying four moderately priced/superior shampoo's and rotating each time you wash your hair will work wonders. You might end up spending around $30 total but you'll have four great shampoo's that will last you for months and the greasy buildup will be next to non-existant.

Also with conditioners, anything from Sally's should be pretty good (you can ask them to help you find a light-weight conditioner, I like the generic Paul Mitchell Detangling Conditioner) and the key is to not put it near your roots, but rather on the lower half of the length of your hair.

Hope this helps
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Thread Information