Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Thanks, Sput. I am going to look into these and hope I don't have to spend a fortune!
    sputnik likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I get emails all the time, they will have 20% sales.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

OK. I will have to look into shipping though.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    ^For me the only ones that didn't cake up and make me look worse when I was desperately trying to cover scars and active acne were Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. Keep in mind these are not full coverage, but a couple layers does the trick. These were the only ones that didn't make me want to run back home and wash my face when I took a look at my face in my car's mirror during broad daylight, because most foundations make you look amazing in your house's lighting but really obvious and cakey in sunlight. If I wanted full coverage I went with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. If you want concealer to cover spots, NARS radiant creamy concealer is amazing!

This!!!! Store lighting don't help either.
    That's why I always go outside with my little mirror to double check I've got the right shade.
    I remember I once got a concealer from MAC that i would use as spot coverage. One sunny day, I happened to look into a car side mirror and to my horror this streak of orange/yellow is across my face. Went home. Tried it again but blended it more. Look in the sun, and yup, yellow!

I'm sorry I have no contribution to the thread because lately, everything I get sucks. *cries
    Except clear nail polish. The quickiest way to pretty up the nails before heading out.

Just ordered some of Bobbi Brown's new serum foundation. Should arrive tomorrow. Have heard good things about it. Three free trial mascaras come with it (I LOVE her mascara). Woot!
    whitetigeress likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    I remember I once got a concealer from MAC that i would use as spot coverage. One sunny day, I happened to look into a car side mirror and to my horror this streak of orange/yellow is across my face. Went home. Tried it again but blended it more. Look in the sun, and yup, yellow!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    ^For me the only ones that didn't cake up and make me look worse when I was desperately trying to cover scars and active acne were Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. Keep in mind these are not full coverage, but a couple layers does the trick. These were the only ones that didn't make me want to run back home and wash my face when I took a look at my face in my car's mirror during broad daylight, because most foundations make you look amazing in your house's lighting but really obvious and cakey in sunlight. If I wanted full coverage I went with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. If you want concealer to cover spots, NARS radiant creamy concealer is amazing!
    Thist Uriage Hyseac stick is an amazing concealer. My teenage son is so happy with this. One side dries the zit and the other side conceals (only one color though). On his skin it cover really good and nobody has ever noticed he is wearing concealer.

From the website:
    -The Hydroalcoholic lotion, enriched with keratolytic and anti-seborrheic agents, dries the imperfection while soothing thanks to Uriage Thermal Water.
    -The stick, made with soft-focus-powders, conceals the imperfection and brings a soothing and antibacterial action thanks to TLR2-RegulŪ complex and to antibacterial agent. Bi-stick: a clever double skin care!
    *Kat* and Clubber Lang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Thist Uriage Hyseac stick is an amazing concealer. My teenage son is so happy with this. One side dries the zit and the other side conceals (only one color though). On his skin it cover really good and nobody has ever noticed he is wearing concealer.

OOOooooooohhhhhh !

Over the years, I've saved samples for our god daughters for their annual visit. I am so not a makeup / beauty product person, but after their visit last year, saw a commercial for Birch Box and signed up. Have found some fun products that way, and the girls are going to have a ball rooting through them when they visit in September.
    JazzyGirl and Clubber Lang like this.

ZOMG, guys. I finally tried tubing mascara and I'm never going back. I asked the girl at Sephora and she pointed me toward the blinc stuff. It's not a terribly dramatic mascara (though it is a nice dark black) but I'm smudge-city, all the time, no matter what I do, so this is the way of the future for me! Woohoo!
    Brookie, palta, arie_skop and 1 others like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    ZOMG, guys. I finally tried tubing mascara and I'm never going back. I asked the girl at Sephora and she pointed me toward the blinc stuff. It's not a terribly dramatic mascara (though it is a nice dark black) but I'm smudge-city, all the time, no matter what I do, so this is the way of the future for me! Woohoo!
    Kevyn Aucoin is also smudge free, ive been using this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post

I need this! Do you also use eyeliner? i need smudge free there also.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    I need this! Do you also use eyeliner? i need smudge free there also.
    I've been using Urban Decay's 24/7 gel pencil for ages now with zero smudging! I have a whole bunch of them.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

First of all, I'm a total hair product junkie. My hair takes work, but it's usually one of my better features. Anyway, I've never been able to be a wash and go girl and I've never been able to use the cheap shampoos. I hate that! Anyway, I picked up a bottle of Aniston's shampoo (and conditioner), Living Proof, and I love it. It's got a great smell because it's not fruity. It reminds me of Aveda scents. It's a really great shampoo and conditioner. Not cheap, but really great!
    sputnik and sprynkles like this.

^^^ I was pleasantly surprised with several things from Living Proof. I guess I was assuming it was going to a celeb's little pet project that would drift away, but a lot of it is pretty good!
    KrisNine likes this.

^^I agree. I loved the smell, but thought it was expensive for a celeb "brand". It's actually really good.
    Brookie likes this.

Thread Information