Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I really like Paula's Choice products; I use a salicylic acid liquid and some kind of sunblock.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Does anyone suffer from hyperpigmentation ? Since last year, I've discovered mine is quite extreme. I've tried brightening cleansers and exfoliates as well as all kinds of exfoliates. I find it just makes it way worst. Now I'm just using Vichy's normaderm cleanser to control the acne.
    I had been using Vichy's SPF 50 sunblock in a stick for the face. I LOVED how it felt on the skin and it would smooth the wrinkles as well but why would I develop the blotches if I used sunblock? Makes no sense!
    On top of this, I can't find the perfect affordable coverup that doesnt look caked and make me break out. Maybelline's FitMe #120 matches the skin but doesn't provide coverage.

Suggestions?

What is your ethnicity? Have you ever developed a keloid or excessive scar tissue? 1 to 10, 1 being darkest (like hair color levels) how dark is your natural skin tone?

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Does anyone suffer from hyperpigmentation ? Since last year, I've discovered mine is quite extreme. I've tried brightening cleansers and exfoliates as well as all kinds of exfoliates. I find it just makes it way worst. Now I'm just using Vichy's normaderm cleanser to control the acne.
    I had been using Vichy's SPF 50 sunblock in a stick for the face. I LOVED how it felt on the skin and it would smooth the wrinkles as well but why would I develop the blotches if I used sunblock? Makes no sense!
    On top of this, I can't find the perfect affordable coverup that doesnt look caked and make me break out. Maybelline's FitMe #120 matches the skin but doesn't provide coverage.

Suggestions?
    Not really adorable, unfortunately but Make Up Forever' full coverage concealer. Best ever. Google dupes for it though, there are a ton of make up blogs out there with lots of research on good, affordable dupes of more expensive products.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

For a great moderately priced dry shampoo that adds volume, Be Gorgeous' Volume Renewing Dry Shampoo is incredible, as well as their Volumizing Powder. You can get them at Sally's Beauty Supply or online, for about $6.00 each.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Not really adorable, unfortunately but Make Up Forever' full coverage concealer. Best ever. Google dupes for it though, there are a ton of make up blogs out there with lots of research on good, affordable dupes of more expensive products.

Thank you! Will check it out

Just kill me.. think Ashley Judd, Julia Roberts or Sandra bullock.. that's me. At least they are who people say I resemble.. depending on their level of drunkness. lol.
    Yes to scar tissue. It's light to medium. But I DO get them ...easily. You can see the post acne scars within the pigmentation on my cheeks and forehead. Defnitely highlights them as the sun is out and my skin is tanning despite the sunblock. I'd say the brown is moderately visible while the scars are visible only if you look up close.

I'm almost tempted to say fuk it to skin cancer and go all tan just to cover up the white parts(as well as the rest of me). But would that work?

If only I knew then (the 70's-80's) what I know now, I would have never been a sun worshipper. But god damn that warm sun feels so freaking good! And tans look so freaking awesome!

Don't tan!!!! Have you tried an skin peels? I had really good results with a weekly salicylic acid peel. I also alternate with a BHA plus peel from Skin Laboratory that one has lactic acid.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post

Suggestions?
    Triluma. It has Retin A and HQ. My acne scars that I was trying to get rid of from 2 years are barely visible after using it for 2 months. And this is originally developed for hyperpigmentation and melasma, but it works fr acne scars as well. You need a prescription for it in the US though. Actually I'm not even sure if it is available by prescription in the US anymore. I picked up a few tubes when I as in Mexico as it's OTC there.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Don't tan!!!! Have you tried an skin peels? I had really good results with a weekly salicylic acid peel. I also alternate with a BHA plus peel from Skin Laboratory that one has lactic acid.

What do you mean don't tan?! The sun is out! I don't drive so it's not like I can run to the car and into buildings to avoid the sun.
    My only option is one of those full face sun visors. Ummmm....... no
    I do what I can *sigh I have my hair down and wear hats plus sunblock and my lovely big assed Jackie O sunglasses which is why I have circles of nice skin and eyes but all around the circles I look like ... well.. like Im mildly burn by fire. Ya... that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    Triluma. It has Retin A and HQ. My acne scars that I was trying to get rid of from 2 years are barely visible after using it for 2 months. And this is originally developed for hyperpigmentation and melasma, but it works fr acne scars as well. You need a prescription for it in the US though. Actually I'm not even sure if it is available by prescription in the US anymore. I picked up a few tubes when I as in Mexico as it's OTC there.
    I'm in Canada and I checked online. I think it is available here.
    Will ask my doc, thank you

Now.... what about a foundation while I'm waiting to clear this shyt up?

^For me the only ones that didn't cake up and make me look worse when I was desperately trying to cover scars and active acne were Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. Keep in mind these are not full coverage, but a couple layers does the trick. These were the only ones that didn't make me want to run back home and wash my face when I took a look at my face in my car's mirror during broad daylight, because most foundations make you look amazing in your house's lighting but really obvious and cakey in sunlight. If I wanted full coverage I went with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. If you want concealer to cover spots, NARS radiant creamy concealer is amazing!

They discontinued my Shiseido concealer!! It was a bit pricier, but I love it like no other - it covered beautifully with just a tiny amount and never creased or wore off. Now they've gone a replaced it with a stick version, and I do NOT like stick concealers.

^^^^
    i hate it when products get discontinued. bastards.

so i tried the rest of my paula's choice spf moisturiser samples.

this is my verdict:

the best one for every day is the Resist super-light daily wrinkle defense with SPF 30. it's the tinted mattifying one and it's great. especially for summer in a city like NY that's hot and humid and some days you feel like whatever you put on your face is just going to melt off anyway. i already ordered the full size. there might be issues if you have very dry skin and the tint is supposed to be neutral enough to suit a lot of different people but i have a feeling it's best for cool tones, not sure how it would work on darker olive tones. it's marketed for oily/combination and my skin is combination. i think if i were in a drier climate it might be too drying for the less oily parts of my face but since i live in a super humid climate it's perfect and kept my nose and chin from getting shiny all day without drying out my skin. here's a review by a woman with dry skin so i guess it's pretty versatile: http://beautytidbits.com/2013/08/pau...efense-spf-30/

the other one i also ended up ordering is the Resist youth-extending daily mattifying fluid SPF 50 which i will use on weekends or if i'm on holiday. it's stronger SPF so perfect for days when you're going to be in the sun a lot. it's not tinted. it's very fluid but absorbs very quickly and for a broad spectrum SPF 50 it's verrrrry light, way better than the La Roche-Posay that i ususally wore for prolonged exposure and way better than the neutrogena dry-touch which was my other go-to.

i tried two more and they were good but might work more for people with drier skin or who live in less humid climates - one is the skin balancing ultra-sheer daily defense with SPF 30. rollo, you might like this one if the resist SPF 30 is too drying for you. it's not tinted though and doesn't have that primer/mattifying effect.
    rollo likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Took me forever to find a new full coverage foundation. I returned the Giorgio Armani Silk which I wore for a long time. I found Estee Lauder Perfection and it's so moisturizing for me. Dewy at first and then sinks in. I need a foundation to mush around my face with fingers, brush or damp sponge.

Perfectionist | Estée Lauder Official Site

oh - if you want to fill in your forehead lines, this stuff really worked for me. I went into the store, put some from the tester on my forehead, went home and looked in the mirror. It's light and doesn't feel like glue. I was so smoooooothe.... like glass. What's more - I hate everything and return everything so I'm a product hater until it proves itself otherwise.

No7 Instant Illusion Wrinkle Filler : Boots USA

Sput - I read about the Paula's Choice SPF just the other day. I sure would like to test this stuff first.
    gas_chick likes this.

I HATE the way makeup or skin care (moisturizers and stuff) with SPF lays on my face and also feels. I like to control my SPF with just a sunscreen. So that Paula's Choice one for drier skin might work perfectly for me!! Thanks for reporting back!!! I'm a big makeup/skin care whore and I tend to buy higher end stuff from Sephora or from department stores (rarely). I never would have even found Paula's Choice stuff if you hadn't have mentioned it!

PS: Does anyone else hate SPF in their makeup/skin care? And it's so stupid because it'll be SPF 15 usually. SPF 15 isn't strong enough for anyone, let alone a Casper the Ghost like me.
    sputnik likes this.

i'd never heard of paula's choice until i saw them mentioned in the EWG list of best and worst sunscreens. price wise it's not cheap but not super expensive either. i paid about 32$ for my avene moisturiser, this one is around 29 i think and sometimes they go on sale for 25-27 so a bit cheaper than avene and laroche-posay but more or less in the same category.

Thread Information