Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I like the TJ tea tree oil shampoo but it can be a little too "refreshing" at times. I have very thick, very fine hair that has natural body that can get weighed down easily by conditioner type products. Wen just makes my hair looks so flat and stringy. Pricey too. If you're looking for a less expensive but comparable product to Wen, try Hair One by Sally Beauty. You can get it on Amazon or at the Sally Beauty Stores. It's something like $10 v. $30 for the Wen bottle. A friend uses the cheaper product and raves about it.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I have tried One before. It was okay. I like Wen for Kids better. It rinses very clean and does not weigh my hair down. It comes in watermelon, green apple and strawberry banana. I love it.
    But yeah, it is spendy.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Why not just use a regular conditioner you like instead of Wen? I think conditioner is what the traditional "no poo" girls use.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

No poo girls? Are we waiting for a Twitchy link?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I've just returned from a trip to Trader Joe's. I bought some ASA and someone in some thread recommended TJ shampoo that was sulfate free. All I could find was sulfate free Tea Tree Oil shampoo, so I got it. Only $2.99.
    I revisited the dosage on the label of my MSM and I was not taking enough. Thanks, Qwerty.
    *cough*

*COUGH*
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Ok, can anyone recommend a cheap daily moisturizer? I use a heavier night cream, but would like to not break the bank with a good daytime moisturizer.
    shame your Adli doesn't have cosmetics etc I get my face cream there (seriously!) they mimic the expensive ones, use similar coloured/shaped packaging etc so you can usually work it out. I got some regererist-type in a pump on sale for 2 and it wasn't expensive to start with.
    The best thing I got was a night cream that works wonders on my rosacia.
    Free Charmed.

Argan Beauty, a hair serum. I got a free one (as a sample) it is tis good. I also used on my daughters' hair and she commented that her hair was so soft now. When I ll finish this one, I def will buy more

A*O

Can I double, triple recommend IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness concealer. It's wonderful. A TINY amount glides on and blends perfectly and covers a multitude of sins. It looks dark in the pot but it's invisible on my fair skin. 5+ stars.
    Novice likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

This stuff is amazing, though pricey, and helps hair grow crazy fast.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Can I double, triple recommend IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness concealer. It's wonderful. A TINY amount glides on and blends perfectly and covers a multitude of sins. It looks dark in the pot but it's invisible on my fair skin. 5+ stars.
    I think we've talked about this product before ....

I totally agree with you that this product is amazing. It blurs pores and blemishes and spreads perfectly, and like A*O said, it only requires a tiny amount to work. I know some people that use it as a whole face foundation. The problem is that ONE shade is not universal. I'm glad it worked for your fair skin, but on my fair (I'm always the lightest choice) skin, whoa. I have a pretty pro setup for putting makeup on (I have a ton of it .... I'm a makeup whore) and I had been using it for two or three days and was in love. Then I caught myself in a large mirror in natural light ... I looked like I had bruising all over my face. I tried to mix IT's Bye Bye Undereye in Fair into it, but it got realllllly goopy pretty fast. This is a pretty common complaint; there needs to be more than one shade. I can't even imagine how it looks on deep skin tones. Jamie (the owner of IT) is repeatedly asked to make this in more shades, but they are stuck on it being universal. It's just NOT. If you're light to medium, it's perfect. Fair, tan, or deep tones are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    No poo girls? Are we waiting for a Twitchy link?

*cough*

*COUGH*

shame your Adli doesn't have cosmetics etc I get my face cream there (seriously!) they mimic the expensive ones, use similar coloured/shaped packaging etc so you can usually work it out. I got some regererist-type in a pump on sale for 2 and it wasn't expensive to start with.
    The best thing I got was a night cream that works wonders on my rosacia.
    Yeah, we don't have that store in SoCal yet. I love to try new, inexpensive products. i get a thrill when they work as well as expensive items. I use a pretty pricey, heavier moisturizer a few times a week at night. Otherwise, I just use my regular moisturizer. Sometimes when I use the heavy one, I break out. I'll get like two nasty pimples in the worst places! Ugh.

I haven't found the one Brah recommended yet. I'll probably pick it up online.
    Novice likes this.

Have you tried TJ Maxx? I've had some great stuff from their UK equivalent. Philosophy, Stri-Vectin, etc not to mention aloe gloves, small super-fast heat pads.....
    (I also buy a lot of my leather goods their but that's a different thread!!!)
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Free Charmed.

am on a quest for the perfect summer time moisturiser + spf so i ordered a bunch of samples from paula's choice after seeing that they were pretty well ranked on EWG's 2015 best and worst sunscreens list. i ordered samples of 4 different kinds and started trying them out. i started with the Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 and so far i love it. it's tinted but blends really well and it's a pretty neutral tint. i'm cool toned and pale and it works on me but it might not be a super good option for someone with darker olive tones. the texture is nice, very fluid but absorbs quickly and it has a great matte finish but still moisturises. you know how neutrogena's dry touch sunscreen has that dry effect but you feel like it's still oily underneath? this is nothing like that and the mattifying effect is much stronger and provides a great base for make up, especially in summer. so basically it's moisturiser, spf and a primer in one.

tomorrow i'll try another and report back if there's anything worth recommending.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Thanks. I have the same skin tone as you so this is interesting!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

i looked up the reviews on makeupalley and they're pretty positive. the only negative comments are from people saying the tint didn't work on their skin tone or people saying it dried their skin out. i have combination skin and tend to get dry/flaky patches on my forehead and jawline while the rest of my face can be rather shiny, especially in summer. i am still using my regular caudalie moisturiser at night after washing my face but i think for summer this is moisturising enough for me but in winter i can see how it might not be enough so there's that to consider too if your skin is on the dry side. i still think it can work, you just might have to start with a regular moisturiser and then use this on top.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yes, I do have dry skin. It's a problem. But it's also difficult to find the right shade and the right moisturiser. I still swear by Estee Lauder DayWear.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

re: the tint, it's quite subtle. i got a bit scared when i saw it and thought it would go on like foundation (which i hate and don't wear) but it's actually really nice.

of the 4 different samples i got, 2 are mattifying and 2 aren't so that will probably make all the difference. i'll report back when i try the others!
    rollo likes this.

Thread Information