Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I've been taking msm for about 15 years. It hasn't done anything for my skin. I am enjoying my results with Prosacea so far. I've spent hours on rosacea forums. Not everything works for everyone. A lot of people are having good results using Afrin on their red areas. But on some people it stops working and their symptoms come back worse.
    I think I will give the Alpha Lipoic Acid a try. I read up on it last night and it sounds pretty awesome.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Maybe you're not taking a high enough dosage of MSM? Rosacea aside, MSM is good for the skin.

I don't have rosacea but if I did I think I would mix (and dissolve) the contents of an ALA and a MSM capsule with a basic skin moisturizer and see how my skin reacted.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I'm thinking of doing that with some sulphur we have in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Interesting, Novice. Sounds like Rosacea sufferers would benefit from MSM which is sulfur rich. Most definitely cheaper than Prosacea. Good for the joints and skin (overall) too.
    Yep, going to give it a try, plus the ASA...... You never know.

I also read something today about scraping your skin with a flat edge to get rid of those excess mites.... Dunno if it'll work, but it certainly feels softer. I'm going to see if I can get it to work for me.
    I don't know if there is any corrolation but around teh time my weight got screwy my face broke out like a red homer simpson.....
    Free Charmed.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I am diagnosed severe rosacea that just gets so bad so so so so bad. I'm on a low maintenance dose of Doxycycline, coupled with the following topicals; metro gel in the am and azelaic acid at night. I do a sulfur mask twice a week with the mexican tub of sulfur ointment, and a salicylic acid peel once a week. Prosacea has been a life saver when I get it in my head to skip my entire routine for two weeks straight, it really helps to calm down the redness and the lumps and bumps, it is a great product.
    Novice and sprynkles like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Thanks JKM
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I've been taking msm for about 15 years. It hasn't done anything for my skin. I am enjoying my results with Prosacea so far. I've spent hours on rosacea forums. Not everything works for everyone. A lot of people are having good results using Afrin on their red areas. But on some people it stops working and their symptoms come back worse.
    I think I will give the Alpha Lipoic Acid a try. I read up on it last night and it sounds pretty awesome.
    Just a thought - I was just looking @ WedMD to find out dosage etc & read this...
    "Rosacea. Applying a cream containing MSM and silymarin seems to improve skin color and other symptoms of rosacea."
    msm (methylsulfonylmethane): Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD
    The info for ALA is here:-http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-767-alpha%20lipoic%20acid%20%28alpha-lipoic%20acid%29.aspx?activeingredientid=767&activ eingredientname=alpha%20lipoic%20acid%20%28alpha-lipoic%20acid%29

Hope this helps.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Wow, is there nothing it can't do? I had no idea is was such an amazing little pill. Wow.
    Novice likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I've just returned from a trip to Trader Joe's. I bought some ASA and someone in some thread recommended TJ shampoo that was sulfate free. All I could find was sulfate free Tea Tree Oil shampoo, so I got it. Only $2.99.
    I revisited the dosage on the label of my MSM and I was not taking enough. Thanks, Qwerty.
    qwerty likes this.

Ok, can anyone recommend a cheap daily moisturizer? I use a heavier night cream, but would like to not break the bank with a good daytime moisturizer.

^I have sensitive skin that breaks out with a lot of moisturizers, and my dermatologist recommended CeraVe. It's maybe $10/$12 iirc (I got my bottle at CVS) and lasts quite a few months (4 or so, at least for me, and I use it 2+ times a day on my face, neck, and chest), and instead of breaking out, my skin has been soft and smooth. I really recommend it. Cheap and effective, and has SPF.

KrisNine likes this.

^^Oh, thanks. I like that it has SPF.

No problem! It's really done wonders for my skin.
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I've just returned from a trip to Trader Joe's. I bought some ASA and someone in some thread recommended TJ shampoo that was sulfate free. All I could find was sulfate free Tea Tree Oil shampoo, so I got it. Only $2.99.
    I revisited the dosage on the label of my MSM and I was not taking enough. Thanks, Qwerty.
    So what did you think of the shampoo? I now live in the boonies and TJ's is now over an hour away. I want to try it, but trying to decide if it's worth the long-ass drive.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

^^^^
    i've used their tea tree oil shampoo and it's nice but no, it's not worth an hour long drive. get it if you're in the area and you're going to trader joe's anyway. i think they're wonderful for organic products - much cheaper than organic products anywhere else.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The tea tree oil shampoo smells nice and lathers well, but I wasn't crazy about how my hair felt afterwords. I've tried it just once. I'll have to try it again to make sure I don't like it. I have really gotten used to Wen conditioning cleanser and the way my hair feels so soft from it. The TJ shampoo made my hair feel rough. Maybe it would be a good clarifyer.

Thread Information