Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

^^I use eBay to buy my hair products. Highly rates sellers with authentic products. I save a bundle.
    Clubber Lang, Brookie and Novice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i bought mine at sephora. i did a quick google and it appears to be the exact same price everywhere. ulta carries it if you want to buy online, sephora, nordstrom. macy's too, and it's the same price ($21)
    can't your friend give you an employee discount?
    he just started there, i'm sure he'd panic if i asked him. I have an Ulta near me, i'll go there and get it. Thanks!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

Rave: Oralife Peppermint Lip Treatment. Not only for dry/cracked lips but other sore or broken delicate skin. I don't know what's in it but a dab at bedtime and viola. I sometimes get nasty little cracks right in the corner of my mouth and this stuff is the only thing that works. Tastes good too.
    Brookie likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It's from all that dick A*O!!! (Referencing your avi!) lol!

doesnt the peppermint in it smart?
    i used to use body shop peppermint foot cream & if I had a cut or eczema it smarted like mad!
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Oh hush. No, it doesn't sting at all for some reason. I've never tried jiz as a lip treatment. Surely one of the sluts here can advise?
    Novice likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Trader Joe's Spa Shampoo. $2.99, sulfate and paraben free, low on unpronounceable chemicals, works great. Noticed today that it's even safe for color treated hair.
    Brookie and sprynkles like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I ordered this from QVC. I have used it all week long. It is wonderful. A little goes a long way. It is super easy to apply with the little kabuki brush. I work 10 hour shifts and this seems to last throughout the day. It doesn't look like I have gobs of foundation on. I wear it alone, but you can put your foundation and bronzer or whatever over it. My skin can not handle layers of makeup. It slides right off after a few hours. This only comes in one shade and is supposed to work on all skin tones. It is about $40. I put it on auto delivery in case I loved it. And so far I do. The are a bunch of tutorials on Youtube about it.

I have also discovered Prosacea. It is sort of helping with the redness I have on my nose. chin and cheeks. I have been using this for about 2 weeks. The redness is getting better with time and I haven't had a hot redness flare up since using it even after drinking alcohol. Although I doubt this topical treatment is why.
    It is a light non greasy gel. It absorbs pretty quickly. The best thing about this treatment is the fact that my skin is very oily, and this stuff is really controlling that. Making it possible for the Bye Bye Redness to stay put. And it's under $10.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

i weaned myself off menthol/medicated lip balms a while ago and it also cured me of my lip balm addiction. i switched to all natural lip balms that are really just beeswax (burt's and some other one i can't remember the name of) and instead of keeping one in my pocket at all time and reapplying all day i only ever use a bit of it before putting lipstick on and a couple of times throughout the day. i think the medicated ones actually irritate your lips a bit and dries them out and makes you use moar lip stuff all day.
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Interesting.... I have the oily skin of a 14yr old now I'm on HRT so redness and breakouts are a problem. Again! I might give that stuff a go.
    Dame Edna Everage

^^Take Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements and/or use topical alpha lipoic acid skin cream. Perricone has one (skin cream) but it's (overly) expensive. Rosacea is some sort of inflammatory response which ALA will reduce.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

A*O

Is that for the redness and/or breakouts? It's Zit City around here sometimes. Maybe I should drop the HRT but that will bring a whole set of different problems, not least lurking depression and general crazy so I'm not keen.
    Dame Edna Everage

Redness but it might help the breakouts if connected to high blood sugar/insulin which in turn can adversely affect your hormone levels. Alpha Lipoic Acid is helpful for diabetes.

Maybe your HRT needs a little tweaking too. Your testosterone level may be a little elevated.

A*O

Yeah, I did ask my gyno about that but he says what he prescribed is right for me. Xyvion is the brand. I will get some ALA and give it a go.
    Dame Edna Everage

Good luck!
    Having done menopause w/o HRT, my personal opinion is that even zit city would be worth putting up with than the flushed mood swings and brain fog. Did I mention the brain fog??? No one ever tells you about that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I have also discovered Prosacea. It is sort of helping with the redness I have on my nose. chin and cheeks. I have been using this for about 2 weeks. The redness is getting better with time and I haven't had a hot redness flare up since using it even after drinking alcohol. Although I doubt this topical treatment is why.
    It is a light non greasy gel. It absorbs pretty quickly. The best thing about this treatment is the fact that my skin is very oily, and this stuff is really controlling that. Making it possible for the Bye Bye Redness to stay put. And it's under $10.

Interestingly this has sulphur in it, we've been feeding sulphur to our of our cows with skin issues (massively bad ringworm).
    also there are a whole lot of reviews here :- (mixed) Anyone tried Prosacea?
    Free Charmed.

Interesting, Novice. Sounds like Rosacea sufferers would benefit from MSM which is sulfur rich. Most definitely cheaper than Prosacea. Good for the joints and skin (overall) too.
    Novice likes this.

Thread Information