Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I love Anastasia brow pencils!

Stila liquid eyeliner is the best on the market, imo, for the mid-priced stuff. I've been too cash-strapped the past year to be able to justify $22 on an eyeliner, but after buying 3 different cheap drugstore brands and hating all of them, I have to buckle down and buy it today. It goes on completely opaque with 1 application, with an extremely controllable line, and lasts all day long.

I have just watched a Kardasian tutorial on youtube (didn't seem to mention Anastasia) The amount of stuff that goes on that face... I have a more 'natural' look. Seriously I use like 3 product and my husband complaints that I look like a painting.

My hardest one is eyeliner it always seem to smudge. Since short I have learnt the importance of primer, I have one by Too faced (shadow insurance) but I still manage to look like a panda after an hour. BRAH I am thinking of buying this STILA one, does it smudge easily?
    I love love YSL touche eclat. I have tried others but always go back to that one, and I also discovered the camouflage palette of &other stories, which I now also use a lot.

For my face, I have bought so many expensive serums (my latest one was called dragon blood ) but I always go back to L'oreal laser 3x.

^It's been maybe a year since I've bought Stila eyeliner, so my memory isn't totally fresh, but I don't remember it ever smudging once! I really can't recommend it enough, it's perfect.

Not to be annoying and double post, but can anyone recommend a great skin cream for dry yet oily skin? To be frank, my stress levels have sky rocketed recently and my hormones have been very out of whack, so my skin has gotten just awful recently. I have clusters of tiny below the skin pimples, and big honkers popping up everywhere. And now a confounding combination of dry yet red and blotchy yet oily spots. My skin has always been sensitive, but lately I break out if I so much as look at an area. Any recommendations for soothing skin care products?
    sputnik and Kittylady like this.

I have just watched a Kardasian tutorial on youtube (didn't seem to mention Anastasia) The amount of stuff that goes on that face... I have a more 'natural' look. Seriously I use like 3 product and my husband complaints that I look like a painting.
    if you search youtube for Kim Kardashian Anastasia it's there. I can't link because I'm using a proxy. You can even see the famous Anastasia herself.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Not to be annoying and double post, but can anyone recommend a great skin cream for dry yet oily skin? To be frank, my stress levels have sky rocketed recently and my hormones have been very out of whack, so my skin has gotten just awful recently. I have clusters of tiny below the skin pimples, and big honkers popping up everywhere. And now a confounding combination of dry yet red and blotchy yet oily spots. My skin has always been sensitive, but lately I break out if I so much as look at an area. Any recommendations for soothing skin care products?
    dry yet oily sounds like my skin. and it gets worse in winter.
    try avène hydrance riche. i use the avène hydrance légère (light) all year except in winter but the riche is a little too rich for me since my skin isn't that dry. i've been using caudalie vinosource sorbet and it's basically the middle ground between the avène hydrance légère and the riche, so that might be an alternative too.
    but i would try the avène first since it's also really good for sensitive skin, there are no perfumes in it, etc.

avène also makes a cream that's specifically a soothing cream for sensitive skin, called skin recovery cream. there's a rich and a regular one, depending on your level of dryness:

kasippu and Brah like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love Estee Lauder Daywear for dry skin and as a makeup base but if you have oily breakouts, it might be too oily. It doesn't have the proverbial "old lady" smell to me but it's something like cucumber.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    if you search youtube for Kim Kardashian Anastasia it's there. I can't link because I'm using a proxy. You can even see the famous Anastasia herself.
    Thanks will do that. I also think of going to netaporter to order the brow palette. I do not know who carries the brand otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    try avène hydrance riche. i use the avène hydrance légère (light) all year except in winter but the riche is a little too rich for me since my skin isn't that dry. i've been using caudalie vinosource sorbet and it's basically the middle ground between the avène hydrance légère and the riche, so that might be an alternative too.
    but i would try the avène first since it's also really good for sensitive skin, there are no perfumes in it, etc.

I like avene a lot, for pimple treatment I bought from Avene the CLeanance spot stick and I find it works and they have some Cleanance creams to for acne prone skin but I haven't tried them out.

Sephora also carries the Anastasia line.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

avène also makes a cream that's specifically a soothing cream for sensitive skin, called skin recovery cream. there's a rich and a regular one, depending on your level of dryness:
    Thank you for the recommendation! I looked for it at the department stores in my mall today but to no luck, I'll have to order it. I really need something rich, most lotions feel like I've just rubbed on water, nothing tends to do the trick so hopefully the rich Avene creme can do it.

The Pixiwoo ladies swear by Anastasia for brows, too.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Thank you for the recommendation! I looked for it at the department stores in my mall today but to no luck, I'll have to order it. I really need something rich, most lotions feel like I've just rubbed on water, nothing tends to do the trick so hopefully the rich Avene creme can do it.
    Avène is one of those brands you can't find at sephora or department stores but that are sold in pharmacies with high end cosmetics. Sort of like la Roche-posay, Vichy or Biotherm, so look for places that sell those too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

drugstore.com sells Avène, and the Avène website will help locate who in your area carries it too. they have a page for searching that info.
    sputnik likes this.

went crazy with the make up shopping last week.

i went to laura mercier to get some invisible lip liner (laura mercier and makeupforever make the best clear lip liner, though you have to sharpen often so not as practical as the ones that come in those twisty pencil things but much more effective), and i wanted new lipsticks. i love my usual dark pink lip stain or red lipstick but i wanted to start wearing more neutral lip colours again, especially for every day. ended up really liking two from the crème lip smooth lip colour line, really different from my usual red lippy or dark pink lip stains.

lychee parfait:

great nude shade if you're going for the "no-makeup makeup" look. and i'm surprised by how long it lasts. the saleslady had me try it with the lipliner in plumberry which is virtually the same colour. she filled in my entire mouth with the liner and then added the lipstick, it gives the colour more depth and made it last forever, although even when worn by itself it has really good staying power.

plumberry liner. very subtle cool nude:

the other lipstick i got was "dry rose", a mauve-y medium pink, less neutral than the lychee parfait but still on the more subtle side:

then, i was in sephora a few days ago looking for a good mascara. no luck. dior show sucks now and nothing i saw there made me want to try it. and cover girl discontinued lash blast length which was my go to drugstore mascara, and everything else i've tried sucks. so i bought 3 tubes of the discontinued lashblast length on amazon to tide me over until i can find a suitable replacement and bought another nude lipstick instead.

marc jacobs "eat cake" from the new nudes sheer lip gel line. i thought the name was a gimmick but it really is like a gel, the consistency is absolutely amazing and feels really nice on the lips. also, the packaging is wonderful.

it's basically the perfect "my lips but better" shade.

and because i hadn't bought enough, i got essie nail polish in "ladylike". very similar to my favourite nude, OPI "tickle my france-y" but just different enough that i could justify getting it
    it's a really pretty muted mauve nude with just enough grey in it.

Last edited by sputnik; March 15th, 2015 at 05:43 PM.
    Cinnamon*Girl and rollo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Ladies with thick, unruly, curly hair... get this shit!

I didn't really notice anything the first one or two uses but I'm loving it now. My hair is so much softer and everyone is complimenting it...
    I know this is from a few months ago but I'm really curious about this product. I have really thick, curly, frizzy hair that tends to puff up, would this help with that? How do you use it? Thanks.

Thread Information