Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Hope in a Jar is so so so overrated , I used it for two years and so no change in my skin and it burned my eyes when ever it got anywhere near my eyes
    Bellatheball likes this.

Anyone have a good hand cream to recommend? I don't want my hands turning into madonnas!
    gas_chick likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Anyone have a good hand cream to recommend? I don't want my hands turning into madonnas!
    nobody wants that! I use the cheap basic Curel.

Neutragena (sp?) has a hand ointment that works really well overnight.

I swear by neutragena my hands are in and out of water all day at home.
    I like solid cocoa butter too but at night prefer with gloves...
    Free Charmed.

Silver Member

I tried a sample of the REN Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser which came with the instyle magazine (UK). Such an amazing product to take your make up off with. Removes every trace of make up far better than make up wipes! Loved it so much I bought the full size Hot Cloth Cleanser from John Lewis and it comes with a very good cloth too. I really want to try their Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial. Recommend it to you all. Worth every penny!

As far as mascaras go, I absolutely love Benefit's - They're Real mascara. It gives me huge lashes that there is no need for false lashes. If you are willing to spend more, I recommend Dior Extase mascara, Diorshow Iconic mascara, YSL False Lashes Effect mascara (gold tube) and Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara. Amazing mascaras!!
    Last edited by sam_h786; August 11th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.

I tried their cleanser, again a rose/rosa based one (free with instyle I think) and it took the top layer of my skin off!!! I've got the hot cloth thing, but was saving it for when I travel. I really liked their moisturiser, but the free L'Occitane one was much, much better. Oh - I have dry sensitive, rosacia skin, so I need something with a little more umph.
    sam_h786 likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Silver Member

Oh my gosh, that's awful! I bet you panicked when that happened. I presume it's just the cleanser from the Rosa Centifolia range? What did you think of their hot cloth cleanser Novice? I had a horrible reaction to the Clinique 3 step program. My face broke out so bad in spots. Normally my skin is clear with the occasional breakout and some small pores. I think their toner must have had alcohol in it that I broke out so bad. I didn't react well to the Lancôme Zen moisturiser, it stung my eyes so much that I took it back. It is unbelievably heavily rose scented.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I tried their cleanser, again a rose/rosa based one (free with instyle I think) and it took the top layer of my skin off!!! I've got the hot cloth thing, but was saving it for when I travel. I really liked their moisturiser, but the free L'Occitane one was much, much better. Oh - I have dry sensitive, rosacia skin, so I need something with a little more umph.
    We need you to have facial skin, Novice.

Rosacea? Try the Mario Badescu Camomile and Azulene products. They have small sizes that go a long way. They'll ship to you up there.

Cover up the redness - I bought Laura Mercier

I did not buy it for my eyes but for the pinkness on either side of my nose and chin. Knocks out the red. It's super concentrated and they made the hole in the tube so small so you don't squeeze out too much. I have a graveyard of concealers. (For me) there's no point in a high coverage concealer that is creamy like a foundation. They have to be sticky and dry. Over or under foundation they have to dry.

I tried Makeupforever's extreme concealer, it's thick but still too creamy. Dermablend just sucked and CoverFix is like a greasy theatrical makeup. So far so good with Laura Mercier.

My new purchase of Tarte Smoldereyes Skinny Eyeliner waterproof is making me happy. I draw lines on my hand when shopping for waterproof eye stuff, walk around the store till it dries. This has a great formula. It goes on like buttah and dries like a sharpie pen. I got it in Moonstone brown to line under and a little in the upper corner and it comes with a spongy tip to soften the line. It's the softest pencil I have ever used, goes on like a cream liner in a pot. I still love the Bobbi Brown liners in a pot but I'm all about pencils now.

Tried and returned Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara. Makes them thick and fluttery, but it's a heavy mascara and weighed down my lashes if that makes sense.

Tried Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara. It's very good, thick, separates and is soft but I compare it to DiorShow plain and Dior won. I don't think I'll ever get out of the L'Oreal Voluminous/DiorShow combo. You can tell I do a lot of store returns.
    Novice likes this.

Cover up the redness - I bought Laura Mercier

I am always looking for something great to cover redness. Been using a Laura Geller concealer, but she insists on making her products sparkly. I need matte. I went to the Laura Mercier website to check it out. Is it called secret camouflage? How did you decide which shade to get? I always wind up with something too light.
    Last edited by sprynkles; August 16th, 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Whoopsie, forgot link.

High Coverage Concealer For Under Eye - Laura Mercier | Sephora

You are so right about too light concealers. I don't listen to the makeup counter people anymore when it comes to color matches. They always go too light. I'm pale and I bought the 2.0. I returned it and bought the 3.5. Laura Mercier can go too almond in her shades, but this one is a good skin match because for me. I made it blend in. If it's too light it looks like chalk.

Go to Sephora if you can and get samples. It's a dry formula so I don't see it going under my eyes
    but it's been great for the pinkness and for spot areas.

Another great choice (and 50 bucks) is Armani Sensual Skin Enhancer in a pot but it will last you 50 years. It's very creamy like pudding, glides on and stays on. Be sure to get a perfect color match with that one. Actually, these two products are fairly similar.
    Novice likes this.

I am totally going to go to Sephora. I never think to go there and get samples. Such a good idea. The stuff I use now is a baked pressed concealer. It goes on so well. I am pretty inept with liquids. I use mineral makeup over it. I'm so oily and can turn dark red at the drop of a hat, it's a real challenge to look pretty some days! It's like my cheeks feel hot, turn red, and melt off any makeup. One glass of wine, yikes. I'm red. Like the wine lol. It's not a cute rosey cheek look either, It's splotchy and ugly.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Jfc! I just can't with this phone!

my make yp

or Korean BB&B cream depending. My skin is dry so the cream helps.
    Free Charmed.

Ladies with thick, unruly, curly hair... get this shit!

I didn't really notice anything the first one or two uses but I'm loving it now. My hair is so much softer and everyone is complimenting it...
    Novice likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^^ Vouch. I have the straightening iron this company makes and you put the oil in a little compartment and it releases a bit of the oil in a vapor with each swipe of the iron. It really makes it look so much healthier than just a plain straightening iron.

Thread Information