Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I've been using Dr Dennis Gross Retinol + Ferulic Acid Brightening serum. It's not cheap but it doesn't make my sensitive skin react and I can see a difference after only a week. It has great reviews online for brightening your complexion and fading dark spots/pigmentation. My skin definitely looks brighter and I think my freckles look a little lighter and my skin is more even. I'll update in a month or 2! But so far, I love this.

I've also been doing oil cleansing for the past few weeks and ditched regular cleansers. I think it's made my t-zone less oily during the day and my skin is very soft and moisturised. I use sweet almond oil with a little bit of castor oil mixed in sometimes.

Also really liking Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion. I'm using the SPF 30 but if I'd known there was an SPF 50 I would have gotten that. It seems to give great protection though, and it's the least greasy facial sunscreen I've ever tried. The texture is very milky and a little drop spreads far, it dries quickly and doesn't leave much of a greasy feeling. I wore make-up over the top of this and had no problems, less than I used to with regular moisturiser.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    LOVE Better Than Sex mascara. Got a sample from Sephora and immediately bought the full-sized product. Rimmel used to be my go-to, but Two-Faced blew it away.
    well, i'm going to buy some... which means I'll have to give you guys a new eye shot! hahahhaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I'm really liking the "Sweetie" lippie too - might have to try it.

Keep in mind, any time some "designer" oil is advertised, you can likely buy a no-name brand for MUCH cheaper at a health food store or natural cosmetics store. TJ Maxx and Marshalls are another good source of buying no-name oils that are the SAME THING only about $10/bottle instead of $40 or $50. I use all kinds of oils and I found a maracuja oil that's way cheaper than Tarte - same as not having to spend a boatload for Josie Maran's argan oil products, when a generous size of generic (and just as effective) argan oil can be had for about $10/bottle, and the bottle is larger.
    I buy argan oil from Sally Beauty Supply. It's call One N Only... I love the hair masks, shampoos, conditioners and of course, the argan oil which I use daily on my hair!
    Brookie and Novice like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

"Shea Moisture" has some nice products out too - just saw a large bottle of shea/argan oil at Walgreens. They also have shampoos, conditioners, body creams that smell ridiculously nice and are very reasonably priced.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I can't rave enough about my newest oil discovery, Tamanu Oil. I massage a few drops of it on to my damp face at night (I add a couple drops of tea tree oil sometimes). I bought it mainly for my acne scarring. I've managed to somewhat clear my face with the combination of Argan oil and tea tree oil every night. But I still have very obvious scars from the cystic acne that ravaged my face for 2 years. And i still get 1-2 cysts a month even now. The first time I used Tamanu oil, I had a nasty painful under-the-skin cyst that would have usually stayed for 10 days or more. But after the second night of using Tamanu Oil, it just deflated and was flat the next day. My older scars too are fading quickly.

I'm also doing this 40% lactic acid peel from makeupartistschoice.com. So far I've done 3 weekly peels, and I'm really liking it.
    Brookie likes this.

I love tamanu oil. Doesn't it smell wonderful?
    *Kat* likes this.

- Mark Twain

^It does. I love the nutty smell. I can't understand why people think it smells bad.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    I can't rave enough about my newest oil discovery, Tamanu Oil. I massage a few drops of it on to my damp face at night (I add a couple drops of tea tree oil sometimes). I bought it mainly for my acne scarring. I've managed to somewhat clear my face with the combination of Argan oil and tea tree oil every night. But I still have very obvious scars from the cystic acne that ravaged my face for 2 years. And i still get 1-2 cysts a month even now. The first time I used Tamanu oil, I had a nasty painful under-the-skin cyst that would have usually stayed for 10 days or more. But after the second night of using Tamanu Oil, it just deflated and was flat the next day. My older scars too are fading quickly.

I'm also doing this 40% lactic acid peel from makeupartistschoice.com. So far I've done 3 weekly peels, and I'm really liking it.
    When I finish my rosehip oil I will try this. I get (stress) rosaisia and last night I grew a while crop of spots & redness because of.the day I .had had.
    *Kat* likes this.
    Free Charmed.

For all of those is the US Saturday is Mascara Madness at Nordstroms -it's buy two get one free on all mascara !! And it's always free shipping to and you can call any Nordstrom and get them to ship it to you too
    Needless to say I'm buying at least three
    The new Volume De Channel is amazing
    Bellatheball and KrisNine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    For all of those is the US Saturday is Mascara Madness at Nordstroms -it's buy two get one free on all mascara !! And it's always free shipping to and you can call any Nordstrom and get them to ship it to you too
    Needless to say I'm buying at least three
    The new Volume De Channel is amazing
    Apparently I was told the wrong date it's next Saturday the 24th , How do I always find the one idiot sales associate that has her head up her ass ?

I have a new favorite mascara: Lumene's blueberry curl. I've been using it the last 3 months in a variety of weather conditions, and it is fabulous. It volumizes and holds a curl very well, plus it's long lasting. I bought the non-waterproof version because I hate waterproof mascaras, and it still held up perfectly in a few torrential downpours. The best part? It's a steal at $9.99. I've purchases high end mascaras, low end mascaras, and everything in between, and this is by far my favorite of them all.

Bronze Member

As I love the new look/smoothness of my hair, I must share the mega super dooper secret crap I purchased online, a couple of months ago (used deep fat fryer grease). Before, my hair is frizzy and have split ends. I searched the web for the best possible solution and I ended up purchasing this cooking oil to try. As soon as I started using this oil, my hair has improved immensely! I super love my hair now, and thought of sharing this solution to all who are experiencing the same problem with me before.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; July 7th, 2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Shits and giggles
    Kittylady likes this.

Hmmmmmmmmm..................

- Mark Twain

I want to super love my hair too...

Doesn't super hair love look something like this???

Brookie and *Kat* like this.
    Free Charmed.

^Gross! LOL

I decided to switch from Dior's Pro Youth cream to Hope in a Jar. Worst change ever. My skin is pretty dry but you'd never know it with the Dior. After 5-6 hours of Hope in a Jar, it looked like I was recovering from a three day old sun burn. Horrible! I returned it today and got my Dior back.

Thread Information