Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

I think I'm a warm spring:
    3. Warm Spring:

• Eyes: Topaz, olive green, light hazel, or warm turquoise.
    • Hair: Light golden brown, red, strawberry blonde, or deep golden blonde.
    • Skin: Bronze, golden beige, ivory, or porcelain. May have freckles.

Best colors for Warm Springs:

From Left: Camel, bronze, golden brown, dark brown, stone, gray green, peach, light orange, coral, tomato red, rust, buff, green, light true green, evergreen, emerald turquoise, jade, teal, moss, deep periwinkle.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'd agree with that seeing the colors that you're supposed to wear.
    Free Charmed.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Urgh! I tried looking myself up on the colour chart (pale skin, red hair, blue eyes) and hated every colour they suggested. I think I'm going to stick to black, black and more black.
    twitchy2.0 and rockchick like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The most important part of the whole thing, imo, isn't knowing the specific season, but knowing if you're warm or cool. To me, the simplest way to figure out if you're warm or cool is to look at your wrist and forearm under natural light. If your veins look blue, you're cool toned. If they seem to look green, then you're warm.
    Purple. I don't belong on the charts!
    Novice and Laurent like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I decided to go back and have another try instead of squinting at my veins but I had to plump for both soft Autumn and Warm Autumn as I seem to fall into both categories in part but neither completely. And I'd still look like crap in most of those colours. Browns make me look like I have jaundice, creams wash me out and pinks/peaches make me look as though I'm having a hot flush. I suppose I could try all purples and look like a wicked Disney witch or go green and be constantly suspected of being part leprechaun... Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with just being me and ignore these charts.

2. Soft Autumn:

• Eyes: Light brown, soft hazel, blue, or gray-green.
    • Hair: Golden blonde to medium brown or mousy brown. May have blonde or red highlights.
    • Skin: Ivory, neutral beige, warm beige, golden brown.

Best colors for Soft Autumns:

From Left: Mahogany, brown, medium gray, camel, khaki, gray, light peach, deep rose, light coral, dusty pink, coral, terracotta, buttermilk, mint, emerald turquoise, turquoise, jade, evergreen, purple, dark purple aubergine.

3. Warm Autumn:

• Eyes: Brown, olive green, hazel or topaz.
    • Hair: Medium golden brown, red, auburn, strawberry blonde or golden blonde.
    • Skin: Bronze, golden brown, golden beige, ivory, or warm beige.

Best colors for Warm Autumns:

From Left: Camel, khaki, coffee brown, cream, medium brown, dark brown, light salmon, dark peach, salmon, pumpkin, rust, terracotta, aubergine, light yellow, light moss, evergreen, marigold, emerald turquoise, teal, forest green, deep periwinkle, purple.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    LOL. My veins look purple and blue, my skin looks yellow and greenish. I think I'm a zombie.
    Kittylady, Novice and twitchy2.0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Lol! Mine are purple too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I decided to go back and have another try instead of squinting at my veins but I had to plump for both soft Autumn and Warm Autumn as I seem to fall into both categories in part but neither completely. And I'd still look like crap in most of those colours. Browns make me look like I have jaundice, creams wash me out and pinks/peaches make me look as though I'm having a hot flush. I suppose I could try all purples and look like a wicked Disney witch or go green and be constantly suspected of being part leprechaun... Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with just being me and ignore these charts.

2. Soft Autumn:

• Eyes: Light brown, soft hazel, blue, or gray-green.
    • Hair: Golden blonde to medium brown or mousy brown. May have blonde or red highlights.
    • Skin: Ivory, neutral beige, warm beige, golden brown.

Best colors for Soft Autumns:

From Left: Mahogany, brown, medium gray, camel, khaki, gray, light peach, Kitty, what about spring? Iirc, you're a dark redhead?

2. Clear Spring:

Eyes: Turquoise blue, green, golden brown or topaz.
    Hair: Medium to dark brown, or brown-black. May have red highlights.
    Skin: Bronze, deep warm brown, brown-black, light ivory, light peach, or porcelain.
    Best colors for Clear Springs:

Colors for Clear Springs

From Left: Navy, gray, charcoal, black, light grey, turquoise, yellow, marigold yellow, mint, green, dark green, clear teal, hot turquoise, true blue, purple, purple-gray, peach, salmon, true red, warm pastel pink, hot pink
    deep rose, light coral, dusty pink, coral, terracotta, buttermilk, mint, emerald turquoise, turquoise, jade, evergreen, purple, dark purple aubergine.

3. Warm Autumn:

• Eyes: Brown, olive green, hazel or topaz.
    • Hair: Medium golden brown, red, auburn, strawberry blonde or golden blonde.
    • Skin: Bronze, golden brown, golden beige, ivory, or warm beige.

Best colors for Warm Autumns:

From Left: Camel, khaki, coffee brown, cream, medium brown, dark brown, light salmon, dark peach, salmon, pumpkin, rust, terracotta, aubergine, light yellow, light moss, evergreen, marigold, emerald turquoise, teal, forest green, deep periwinkle, purple.
    Last edited by Novice; March 31st, 2014 at 01:21 PM.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The most important part of the whole thing, imo, isn't knowing the specific season, but knowing if you're warm or cool. To me, the simplest way to figure out if you're warm or cool is to look at your wrist and forearm under natural light. If your veins look blue, you're cool toned. If they seem to look green, then you're warm.

Also, most people are naturally drawn to colors that suit them more, so if you know you look bad in warm colors, then you're probably cool toned or lean cool. People break it down further into seasons based on hair color and eye color, but honestly, Springs can get away with Autumn colors and Winter with Summer and vice versa.
    exactly.
    it's not some colour dictatorship. it's true that of all the colour palettes, the one i'm most drawn to is the one for my colour combination but i probably wear a fraction of the colours they suggest, and i can get away with some that aren't part of 'my' colours. that's really not the important part since when it comes to clothes, i have a very limited and subdued palette, mostly involving every shade of non-colour there is (greyish blues, grey-greens, greys, black, navy, etc.) with the occasional pop of colour (and even then, in a fairly limited palette). it's just my style. i don't do lots of colours, or pastels, or any of that. it's just not me.

but like you said, the important thing is knowing if you're warm or cool. especially for make up. if you don't wear colour anyway, then don't worry about it. but if you do, it's good to know if that green you love wearing is working for you or if it's making you look like ass. my sister is warm, and for a while she loved nothing more than wearing these greenish neutrals that did nothing for her. they looked great on me but they made her look like a consumptive.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've been on a beauty products binge lately, and I've found some wonderful products. Here are my favorites:

1). Illamasqua hydra veil rehydrating gel
    I tend to have really dry skin. It's improved dramatically over the last few months since I switched to a new cleanser and moisturizer routine, but I still get flakes around my nose and between my eyebrows if my skin isn't perfectly hydrated. I was searching for a hydrating primer when I came across this Illamasqua product. It was sold out everywhere I checked for the last few weeks, but it's back in stock online through Bloomingdale's. I've used it for the last two weeks, and IT IS AMAZING. It's a jelly that perfectly hydrates and preps yours skin for foundation. It seriously works wonders. My makeup has never looked so good. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to use it because it's scented and I have extremely sensitive skin, but so far I haven't had any issues.

2). Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer
    This is the perfect light coverage tinted moisturizer. It evens out my skin tone and moisturizes at the same time. I like my skin to look like skin, and that's what so great about this product--it looks like your skin but better. Very natural.

3). Laura Mercier caviar eyeliner in Chestnut
    I'm very fair with ash blonde hair, so I tend to stay away from black eyeliner. That being said, finding the perfect brown eyeliner has been difficult. Most are just too red. LM's chestnut is a nice neutral dark brown. It's easy to apply with an angled brush and the lasting power is great.

4). Make up forever aqua cream eye shadow
    I bought the shades 13 warm beige and 15 taupe. They are beautiful, flattering colors. I use them as washes of color on the entire lid and they look lovely. The only downside is the product sets fast so you have to work quickly.

5). Cerave Eye Repair Cream
    I've been using Bobbi Brown's extreme eye cream for the last 2 years. It's expensive ($70) and greasy, but my lids and under eyes get painfully dry and flaky without it. I was to the end of my latest pot when I thought I'd try and find something less expensive. The reviews online for the Cerave product have been great, so I bought it a few weeks ago. I have not been disappointed. The squeeze tub is more hygienic than the Bobbi Brown pot, plus the product is so hydrating without being greasy. It's a steal at $15 and it's available at CVS and Target.
    Novice and rollo like this.

Default Aquanil Cleansing Lotion, for even the most annoying skin.

I struggled for years to find a facial cleanser that wouldn't irritate my incredibly annoying and sensitive skin. My skin is very dry, easily irritated and breaks out into hives from either being too dry, perfume scents, too much humidity, not enough humidity, etc. essentially any sort of irritation.
    My dermatologist recommended this cleanser and it's been transformative to my skin. It's now soft and even dewy, which is pretty amazing for dry, sensitive skin.

Aquanil is really cheap compared to the $50 I was spending on other cleansers, this one is about $15 from Amazon and it's a huge bottle. I use it mostly on my face but it can be used in the shower too if you have sensitive skin.

Aquanil is soapless, lipid-free, non-comedogenic and fragrance free. You can use it with or without water, just wiping it off with a tissue, when your skin is especially sensitive.

I don't know if anyone else has all this issues my skin has but if Cetaphil is even too harsh for you (I find it burns my skin!) then maybe you could try Aquanil, it's been a godsend to me.

oh! I'm in LOVE with Revlon PhotoReady Eyeshadows... cannot stop buying them!

Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Fucking spammers.
    sputnik and Novice like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. Best mascara I've tried and I have tried every single mascara out there. Everything from Diorshow to Maybeline.

A*O

According to the chart I'm a warm summer but they reocommend yellow which is my least favourite colour and makes me look like a corpse. I go for rusty autumnal colours in clothes and makeup which people say suit me so screw the chart.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm a Deep Autumn. I thought I was more... fiery.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

Thread Information