Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

How do you know what your undertones are???? Does it matter if you dye your hair a color that it is not?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^^^^
    everyone has either warm or cool undertones, some people are more neutral but it's really all about your hair and eye colour and skin tone combo.
    This should help: www.collegefashion.net/fashion-tips/how-to-find-your-perfect-colors/
    according to them, in a 'soft summer'.

Re: blushes, I definitely have cool undertones but the light hair and hazel/light brown eyes just makes the very bluish pink blushes look weird on me. Also, when I say peachy, I don't mean orange, I mean a cool pink with a hint of creamy not orangey peach.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 25th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thanks Sput. I'm gonna have to do some reading.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I have a different shade of Tarte cheek stain, and I love it! The product lasts forever too.
    sputnik likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    This should help: www.collegefashion.net/fashion-tips/how-to-find-your-perfect-colors/
    according to them, in a 'soft summer'.
    According to this I'm a light summer. I used to wish I was a clear winter, because they have such a striking look about them.

Thanks for sharing, sput.
    sputnik likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Don't hate me coz I'm a clear winter.... Incidentally, those are my favourite days up here, cold, crisp with a blue sky, when you can see for miles....
    2. Clear Winter:

Eyes: Bright blue, hazel, violet, or green.
    Hair: Black, chestnut, medium brown, or dark brown hair.
    Skin: Black, deep brown, neutral beige, pale olive, milky white. (Usually translucent.)
    Best colors for Clear Winters:
    Clear Winter Colors
    I also wear quite a few of the jewel toned (red, blue, emerald green), colors from the deep winter range, and also, olive green (a cool olive albeit!)....
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    super white with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. cool undertones. .
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Super white, dark blonde hair and blue/green eyes. Cool undertones
    Not sure I could tell you two apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Maybe so, because I can't make peach work at all on me, and I tried a lot in my teens and early 20s. I have very a very pale complexion with dark hair and green eyes and only cool blushes work on me, but they tend to be formulated to frost for some reason - especially the ones with a hint of purple.

I've had several people tell me that it's impossible that I'm a cool toned summer, because with green eyes, I must be an autumn or spring. Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful and a closet and drawer full of unused warm clothing and make-up purchases say different.
    Yeah, my mother has, for years, foisted browns & beiges on me ~ they make me look like the living dead. All because I can wear a neutral stone/taupe color (that I am very careful about choosing!).
    KrisNine likes this.
    Free Charmed.

I must be a clear winter, as that is the only "winter" category that has green eyes... but then, my eyes are sort of a mishmash of green, grey and blue. But I guess the combo of medium-brown hair and green/blue eyes rules out any of the other winters. Cool! I prefer a lot of those colours already.
    KrisNine likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    I must be a clear winter, as that is the only "winter" category that has green eyes... but then, my eyes are sort of a mishmash of green, grey and blue. But I guess the combo of medium-brown hair and green/blue eyes rules out any of the other winters. Cool! I prefer a lot of those colours already.
    My eyes are the same

They can be described as a bluey-hazel sometimes....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yeah, my mother has, for years, foisted browns & beiges on me ~ they make me look like the living dead. All because I can wear a neutral stone/taupe color (that I am very careful about choosing!).
    My mother is warm toned and she naturally gravitates towards colors flattering to her and so she wanted to put me in them, too. She was the one that finally bought the Color Me Beautiful book back in the 80s and realized that I was a summer. Thankfully, she quit trying to make crap like burnt sienna, rust, and camel work on me.
    Novice likes this.

How many of you actually went to look at the colors of your eyes? lol

I'm charcoal grey with a ring of hazel around the pupil with brown hair...and noticing I need a deep cleansing facial *groan*.
    I'm going to stick with all autumn and winter colors. I like them all.
    Regardless, I wear whatever makes me happy and lately nothing seems to. Since I have reached my middle age, my looks apparently morphed into a foreign issue. I'm clueless and too annoyed to care. Funny how as a youngster, I would pile the makeup on. Experimenting different colors and such. Now, can't be bothered. Just a mascara, dark brown liquid liner across the top, bit of bronzer and clear lip balm. Slap on whatever outfit is clean and actually fits and I'm good to go. Meh
    Being a nudist is sounding better and better to me so I don't have to worry about what looks on me. Pity,the weather would be an issue most of the year.

I've never found that season stuff to work for me. I come out as clear spring or a soft autumn but both have salmon/corals and yellows in them which do NOT work for me.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I've never found that season stuff to work for me. I come out as clear spring or a soft autumn but both have salmon/corals and yellows in them which do NOT work for me.
    The most important part of the whole thing, imo, isn't knowing the specific season, but knowing if you're warm or cool. To me, the simplest way to figure out if you're warm or cool is to look at your wrist and forearm under natural light. If your veins look blue, you're cool toned. If they seem to look green, then you're warm.

Also, most people are naturally drawn to colors that suit them more, so if you know you look bad in warm colors, then you're probably cool toned or lean cool. People break it down further into seasons based on hair color and eye color, but honestly, Springs can get away with Autumn colors and Winter with Summer and vice versa.
    Novice, sputnik, palta and 2 others like this.

I don't think that you have to suit or wear all the colors do you? I refuse to wear anything from a yellow-orange range & always have...
    Free Charmed.

Sephora perfection mist airbrush foundation. Not trying to sell this, but this gives me amazing coverage and a flawless finish. One of those foundations that don't make you feel self-conscious while talking to someone under bright sunlight.

Thread Information