Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i've been using rose water on my skin at night, after i wash my face and before applying my night cream. there's no alcohol so it's not like a toner, it's supposed to be a good natural moisturiser. and it smells amazing. i got at an old school mexican family pharmacy that's been making its own stuff for generations. and super cheap. i feel like my skin is less dry and so far i haven't had any of the dry patches i used to occasionally get in winter.

duty free lipstick binge. bought 2 lipsticks from lancôme's rouge in love line. one's a pale pink that's just slightly more dramatic than a neutral but still demure enough for work. it's called rose boudoir
    it's the one in the middle in the picture:

and the other is a sort of semi-opaque cherry red. pigmented like a stain but still wet enough that it has enough shine to be worn on its own.
    How ate you getting on with the rose water? I've been using it for years as a cleanser/etc.
    Also when I get my hands on it I use rose oil as a moisturiser. I use other oils too, but I prefer the rose oil.

I have dry skin so it's a no brainer for me.
    Free Charmed.

^^^^
    great so far. it's really helped for winter dryness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Sput, I love that Rouge in Love. Is there any orangey tone in it? It looks a little coral-ly on my screen. I know you said you're cool toned, too, so I wonder if I could make it work.
    it's very cool toned, kind of between red and fuchsia/dark pink. i love it more and more.
    Laurent and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Cool! Glad it's helping.

I do like that pink, I think I have a similar clinique lipstick, I need to look it out I think?

I recently rediscovered a revlon lip glide thing in my makeup bag & had forgotten how fab it was both to wear & put on, I need to see what other colors they have.
    Free Charmed.

It's not a new product but I found a Chi Air straightener on super clearance at Target ($30). I called a friend of mine who is a stylist and asked if it was just some half-rate Target version or something. She didn't think so so I bought it. OMG. I've been straightening my hair for years (20?) and this is the best one I've ever had.

^I adore Chi. Used to straighten my hair only to end up like a puffball, but once I got Chi it's like silk. Their heat protectant spray is the best I've used, too.

Staighten your hair? Why?? I would be so happy to have just a couple of curls. Any thing!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Pureology Colour Fanatic. It's a leave in conditioner/detangler/color protector. It's very light weight but detangles very easily. I love it. I have long hair hair that's color treated and can get a little dry and this spray is great.

dr. brandt® pores no more pore refiner - This stuff is great and really gives you an smooth face to apply makeup to.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Make up forever lip line perfector. I hate lip liners. Even if they match your colour perfectly, they fade and you get that visible liner look which is just gross, plus I find they just don't work. This is amazing though, it's perfectly colourless, goes on super smoothly and stays in place and doesn't just stop even the boldest red lipsticks from feathering, it makes your lipstick last forever.

tarte cheek stain in 'tipsy'. It looks a lot more orange in the tube but goes on as a sheer and shimmery, subtle, cool tone slightly coraly pink. It really does look natural and gives you a healthy glow without being too pink or too orange which is how most blushes look on me. This will be perfect in summer. Plus, you just dab it on your cheeks and blend with your fingers, and in a few minutes it dries rather than being sticky like most cheek stains I've tried before.

Last edited by sputnik; March 24th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^Oh, I like that cheek stain. I hate blush. I'm so fair and blush always looks like "blush" on me. Even something that's subtle and applied correctly looks bad on me. I'll have to try this.

^^^
    same here! luckily, i blush easily so i'm rarely totally pasty but even so, sometimes you need a bit of help and my mother is always trying to push blushes on me and i always end up throwing them away after they've languished unused in my drawer for years but i'm hoping this cheek stain will be the solution to that because it's so easy to blend and is more of a shimmery wet gel look than a powdery shimmery one, if that makes sense. it better be cause it's not cheap lol
    they also have a lot of different shades and they are all pretty natural looking but for me it always comes down to finding the one that's neither too pink nor too peachy so that it actually looks natural.
    KrisNine likes this.

^^We must have the same coloring. I need something not too pink and not too peach. I used to use one from MAC. I think it was Blush Baby. Of course, that could have been the one that looked like shit on me. I can never remember.

super white with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. cool undertones. i really like the idea of cool, pinkish blushes but they don't work on me, despite the cool undertones. i think it's a look that's better suited to pale, dark haired women. with blonde hair i find you need a touch of peach in your blush.

Super white, dark blonde hair and blue/green eyes. Cool undertones I always have trouble with concealers and powders because I'm not yellowish or pinkish. Somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    super white with dark blonde hair and hazel eyes. cool undertones. i really like the idea of cool, pinkish blushes but they don't work on me, despite the cool undertones. i think it's a look that's better suited to pale, dark haired women. with blonde hair i find you need a touch of peach in your blush.
    Maybe so, because I can't make peach work at all on me, and I tried a lot in my teens and early 20s. I have very a very pale complexion with dark hair and green eyes and only cool blushes work on me, but they tend to be formulated to frost for some reason - especially the ones with a hint of purple.

I've had several people tell me that it's impossible that I'm a cool toned summer, because with green eyes, I must be an autumn or spring. Carole Jackson's Color Me Beautiful and a closet and drawer full of unused warm clothing and make-up purchases say different.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thread Information