Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Recommend a random beauty product!

Two things. Emu oil. It has worked wonders for my chronic dark circles. Lavender oil. Amazing at stopping a pimple dead in its tracks and also fading existing acne scars. But I'm still not break out free. I've tried retinol, retin a micro, BP, Salicylic Acid, Apple Cider Vinegar(as a toner). If y'all know of any other product that has worked, I'd love to hear it.
    SuriCruise likes this.

Kat, I have dark circles too. How often did you apply the emu oil and how long for? What were the results like? Do you have puffy or sunken dark circles? Will have to try this!
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Do they squeeze an Emu to get this oil ? I looked it up on Amazon and it seems promising but I am very curious as to what it's made of.

If I don't have an emu to render down to get the oil , can I just use the drippings from the Xmas turkey?

Brookie likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I think that would work , Emu fat and Turkey fat are probably the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    Kat, I have dark circles too. How often did you apply the emu oil and how long for? What were the results like? Do you have puffy or sunken dark circles? Will have to try this!
    I apply it every night. I don't rub it in, just dab in under my eyes and over my lids, because I have dark eyelids as well. I've been using it for 3 months now. But I felt like I saw a difference within 2 weeks. I have sunken dark cirles. I feel like my undereye area and eyelids are much lighter and plumper since I've been using this oil. And its moisturizing without being greasy, so you can wear it under makeup as well. I read that this works because emu oil gradually thickens the thin delicate skin under the eyes, so that the dark cirlces aren't prominent anymore.

I use this one. I just picked it up at my local farmers market. I hope it works for you too!
    SuriCruise likes this.

Damn. Thats a big ass picture.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    Do they squeeze an Emu to get this oil ? I looked it up on Amazon and it seems promising but I am very curious as to what it's made of.
    Lol, no squeezing. They harvest the oil from the emu fat, after they kill the emu for meat.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Urban Decay's Naked 3 eyeshadow palette -- holy eff I'm loving this even more than the other Naked palettes. Shades of mauve and I need to go easy on the frosts because I work in a doctor's office and not in a nightclub.
    sam_h786 likes this.

Klorane's magnolia wax shampoo. It's nourishing without dragging your hair down and my hair is so much softer and shiny for it.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

i've been using rose water on my skin at night, after i wash my face and before applying my night cream. there's no alcohol so it's not like a toner, it's supposed to be a good natural moisturiser. and it smells amazing. i got at an old school mexican family pharmacy that's been making its own stuff for generations. and super cheap. i feel like my skin is less dry and so far i haven't had any of the dry patches i used to occasionally get in winter.

duty free lipstick binge. bought 2 lipsticks from lancôme's rouge in love line. one's a pale pink that's just slightly more dramatic than a neutral but still demure enough for work. it's called rose boudoir
    it's the one in the middle in the picture:

and the other is a sort of semi-opaque cherry red. pigmented like a stain but still wet enough that it has enough shine to be worn on its own.
    ROUGE IN LOVE

Rouge in Love (159B) is sheer glossy red which leans fuschia on my lips. I like this colour very much. The nice texture makes it easy to wear and it leaves an even stain as it fades.
    Brookie, McJag and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Very nice, Sput!
    sputnik likes this.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

If you have dry skin, you need DHC's cleansing milk in your life. Seriously. I've been struggling with dry skin the last few years. I tried different moisturizers, but nothing seemed to work. Then it dawned on me that maybe my face wash was to blame. I switched from Cetaphil's gentle cleanser to DHC about a month ago and within a few days I noticed considerably less dryness. My skin is looking amazing. For moisturizers I alternate between a Boscia overnight mask and a Boscia night cream. All three products are giving me great skin.

i went to sephora to buy the same concealer i always use, the pen-shaped one by clinique. i don't use foundation so this concealer's nice and light and blends well to cover up any spots. well, they were out and i had time so decided to try a few other brands anyhoo, tried out make up forever's full cover camouflage cream and it's amazing. the colour matched my skin tone perfectly and it covered everything up in one thin layer and is super easy to blend with your fingers, and it disappears so no need to cover it up with powder or foundation.
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sput, I love that Rouge in Love. Is there any orangey tone in it? It looks a little coral-ly on my screen. I know you said you're cool toned, too, so I wonder if I could make it work.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thread Information